College football playoffs!

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Who ya got?!
#1 Alabama vs #4 Oklahoma
#2 Clemson vs #3 Notre Dame

I say its an Oklahoma vs Notre Dame championship.

Yesterday showed when Alabama is forced to play a REAL team they struggle especially when the defense gets after their QB.
Yesterday showed Clemson struggling against a self destructive Pitt team who hung around in the first half despite TONS of penalties!

I think Oklahoma's QB and Receivers are better and I think Notre Dame is much more physical and faster on defense than Clemson's.

GO IRISH!

Who ya got?!

Yesterday showed when Alabama is forced to play a REAL team they struggle especially when the defense gets after their QB.
Yesterday showed Clemson struggling against a self destructive Pitt team who hung around in the first half despite TONS of penalties!

I think Oklahoma's QB and Receivers are better and I think Notre Dame is much more physical and faster on defense than Clemson's.

GO IRISH!

Funny, Alabama didn't have any issues beating LSU, MS State or auburn.
And as for playing a defense that gets after our QB, Oklahoma's defense has barely shown a pulse all year.
And, historically, Nick Saban has his teams playing at the highest level when given the amount of time they will have.

As for Notre Dame beating Clemson, I don't think that will happen either. Clemson beat Pitt by 32 points. Notre Dame beat Pitt by 5 points.

It will be Bama vs Clemson for the championship.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

And as for playing a defense that gets after our QB, Oklahoma's defense has barely shown a pulse all year.
And, historically, Nick Saban has his teams playing at the highest level when given the amount of time they will have.

As for Notre Dame beating Clemson, I don't think that will happen either. Clemson beat Pitt by 32 points. Notre Dame beat Pitt by 5 points.

But Georgia SHOULD have beat Alabama if not for a collapse in the 4th quarter and a HORRIBLE fake punt call...what did Georgia do differently that no one else did to Alabama? Yes Clemson beat Pitt by more but Pitt was hanging around in the first half that's with their self destructive penalties,Notre Dame plays Pitt the week of midterms which if you watch enough ND football you see a theme with that week every season. I don't it matters how much or how little you beat someone I think it matters how the game was played in general and Clemson looked rough with Pitt...plus with them having a freshman QB it will be easy to rattle him...I am looking forward to it. Plus same could be said for Clemson vs Syracuse they BARELY beat them we held them to a Field Goal.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!
Go Tide...

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

But Georgia SHOULD have beat Alabama if not for a collapse in the 4th quarter and a HORRIBLE fake punt call...what did Georgia do differently that no one else did to Alabama? Yes Clemson beat Pitt by more but Pitt was hanging around in the first half that's with their self destructive penalties,Notre Dame plays Pitt the week of midterms which if you watch enough ND football you see a theme with that week every season. I don't it matters how much or how little you beat someone I think it matters how the game was played in general and Clemson looked rough with Pitt...plus with them having a freshman QB it will be easy to rattle him...I am looking forward to it. Plus same could be said for Clemson vs Syracuse they BARELY beat them we held them to a Field Goal.
Georgia played man to man.........with a floating safety who picked 2 passes off...........and the blitzed blitzed blitzed........Most teams playing man for man don't stay on Alabama's receivers that well...........they didn't break down til the 4th............Hurts came in more mobile than TUA and burned them..............

Oklahoma defense sucks..........They will not take Alabama............

It will be Clemson versus Alabama.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

Georgia played man to man.........with a floating safety who picked 2 passes off...........and the blitzed blitzed blitzed........Most teams playing man for man don't stay on Alabama's receivers that well...........they didn't break down til the 4th............Hurts came in more mobile than TUA and burned them..............

What about Notre Dame Vs Clemson?

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

Clemson's defensive line will keep Notre Dame's offense running for its life. Their secondary will feast on hurried passes.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

Clemson's defensive line will keep Notre Dame's offense running for its life. Their secondary will feast on hurried passes.
We'll see but I think you are wrong. If it was that idiot backup QB of ours yes absolutely he couldn't hit the side of a barn if he was leaning against it but Book is a hell of a passer and a better runner.

Don't know how the game will play out.....that's why they play the games. I plan on having plenty of Dr. Pepper and wings on hand.

After what Ohio State did to Michigan's defense I believe they could whip any of the other 4 teams, maybe all on the same day. That was other-worldly.

After what Ohio State did to Michigan's defense I believe they could whip any of the other 4 teams, maybe all on the same day. That was other-worldly.

Ohio State played a helluva game against Michigan. But I don't think Michigan was ever as good as the 4 playoff teams.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

Georgia Bulldogs would be a 5.5 point favorite over Notre Dame. I think they would cover handily. They will destroy the Irish next year in between the hedges.

Who ya got?!

GO IRISH!

Georgia Bulldogs would be a 5.5 point favorite over Notre Dame. I think they would cover handily. They will destroy the Irish next year in between the hedges.

I agree that Bulldogs are the better team. But with the criteria stated by the playoffs, there is no way they would have been in the final 4.

The people clamoring for Georgia to be in the playoffs are doing so based on their game against Alabama. And it was a helluva game. But the game was lost by Kirby Smart with that fake punt nonsense.

But they also have that bad loss against LSU. Getting beaten by 20 points will not get you anywhere.

While not as damaging as the Ohio State beat down by Purdue, it is still significant.

Ohio State played a helluva game against Michigan. But I don't think Michigan was ever as good as the 4 playoff teams.

Not including Georgia is a joke.

Not including possible contenders like Ohio State is also a joke.

It is a small list who can play at that level, but apparently too big for the NCAA.

Meyer has already beaten Saban's Alabama. How many can say that? How many have done that?

Oh well, Saban will NEVER get the opportunity to beat Urban again since he is retiring after his big win over Washington, a team that is always over ranked like Notre Dame.

It is a small list who can play at that level, but apparently too big for the NCAA.

Meyer has already beaten Saban's Alabama. How many can say that? How many have done that?

Oh well, Saban will NEVER get the opportunity to beat Urban again since he is retiring after his big win over Washington, a team that is always over ranked like Notre Dame.
With a playoff limited to 4 teams, there will always be some teams on the cusp left out. GA had its chance, but lost to Alabama in the SEC title game. Also, with 6 national championships under his belt, I don't than Saban is losing any sleep over not playing against Urban Meyer again.

Last edited:

With a playoff limited to 4 teams, there will always be some teams on the cusp left out, GA had its chance, but lost to Alabama in the SEC title game. Also, with 6 national championships under his belt, I don't than Saban is losing any sleep over not playing against Urban Meyers again.

I'm sure the SEC and Big Ten are breathing a big sigh of relief now that he is retiring.

Keep in mind, Urban has a better winning percentage than Saban.

Notre Dame isn't over ranked...it played its way to that ranking. Beating Michigan and Syracuse who was good this year and Stanford who was good this year,Florida State had a down year but we still beat them etc etc....we schedule tough games and we win them.

Georgia had 2 losses, including getting blown out by LSU. OK had 1 loss by the slimmest of margins, and then beat that team in the conference championship. No, Georgia should not have been included.

Ohio State only had 1 loss, but it was a blow-out against a team that is barely bowl eligible.

Plenty have beaten Saban. Les Miles did it 2 years in a row. Hugh Freeze did it 2 years in a row. Dabo Sweeney has done it. Malzahn has done it. Spurrier did it.

With a playoff limited to 4 teams, there will always be some teams on the cusp left out, GA had its chance, but lost to Alabama in the SEC title game. Also, with 6 national championships under his belt, I don't than Saban is losing any sleep over not playing against Urban Meyers again.

I'm sure the SEC and Big Ten are breathing a big sigh of relief now that he is retiring.

Keep in mind, Urban has a better winning percentage than Saban.

Yeah, a better win percentage. But half as many national championships.

The Big10 may be breathing a sigh of relief. I doubt the SEC was worried.

I'm sure Clemson wasn't worried.

Notre Dame isn't over ranked...it played its way to that ranking. Beating Michigan and Syracuse who was good this year and Stanford who was good this year,Florida State had a down year but we still beat them etc etc....we schedule tough games and we win them.

Stanford is 8-4. So is MS State, and MS State is ranked #18.

Syracuse is 9-3 and ranked #17. LSU is 9-3 and ranked #11.

Forum List

Back