College Football Playoff picture

That just means you can put your diploma on the dash and park in any handicapped spot in the state of Alabama.

Mostly, if I am in Alabama ... I am around Fort Morgan and generally park wherever I want ... :thup:

I loved Fort Morgan when I was a kid. The blood stain always fascinated me. Haven't been there in years.

I loved Fort Morgan when I was a kid. The blood stain always fascinated me. Haven't been there in years.

I go there 2-3 weeks a year ... To get my Gulf fix (sit on the porch or the beach and do next to nothing).

We started about 10 years ago ... Going when the house rates are really good (the week of Thanksgiving at first).
It was always fun and with a LSU sticker on the back window ... Always a pretty good bit of conversation about the season's recent Bama game with the locals.

I like Fort Morgan because it isn't really Gulf Shores ... We stay far enough down the Peninsula it makes a great escape.

I go there 2-3 weeks a year ... To get my Gulf fix (sit on the porch or the beach and do next to nothing).

We started about 10 years ago ... Going when the house rates are really good (the week of Thanksgiving at first).
It was always fun and with a LSU sticker on the back window ... Always a pretty good bit of conversation about the season's recent Bama game with the locals.

I like Fort Morgan because it isn't really Gulf Shores ... We stay far enough down the Peninsula it makes a great escape.

You are not a fan of the Redneck Riviera? lol

We have spent the last 5 or 6 years going to Cape San Blas/Port St Joe. Great beaches, almost no drunken teens, and a great campground.

Last year we took a trip to Panama City. The campground is great but the rest of the city is trashy neon and billboards.

You are not a fan of the Redneck Riviera? lol

We have spent the last 5 or 6 years going to Cape San Blas/Port St Joe. Great beaches, almost no drunken teens, and a great campground.

Last year we took a trip to Panama City. The campground is great but the rest of the city is trashy neon and billboards.

You know how it is ... Get comfortable enough with a place it just becomes familiar.

I know my way around there ... Never run into too much trouble ... The people are generally nice.
We have gone off-shore fishing a few times ... But you can watch the sand dunes coming in (out in the Gulf) ... And pick a few days good for surf fishing.

I always go into Gulf Shores at least once to buy a bunch of t-shirts I cut the yard in or wear when painting the house back home ... :)
Also have the habit of taking the trip to Flippers (used to be the Back Porch) at a marina (on the Intercostal Waterway side) in Orange Beach for great seafood.

That just means you can put your diploma on the dash and park in any handicapped spot in the state of Alabama.

Mostly, if I am in Alabama ... I am around Fort Morgan and generally park wherever I want ... :thup:

I though you said you were an LSU grad.

Your diploma just gets you a license to spell words funny!

Geaux Tigers!

Wisconsin still has to play Michigan and probably Ohio State. Given their previous schedule, those might be really tough.
Who’s in the final 4 now?

Not the Big Ten

Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

I am a hardcore Alabama fan and alum.

But I think the playoff lineup should be:

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

I think winning your conference should count for something. I also think beating two teams that were ranked in the top 10 counts for something.

I can see a case for either Alabama or Ohio State. Either way, there are going to be some unhappy people.......and some happy people.

Wisconsin still has to play Michigan and probably Ohio State. Given their previous schedule, those might be really tough.

Not the Big Ten

Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

I think winning your conference should count for something. I also think beating two teams that were ranked in the top 10 counts for something.

Looking at the SI web site, debate seems to be whether it should be Alabama or Ohio State to go with Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia. Being an old SEC guy, I go with Bama.

But let me edit that and add, based on strength of schedule and being conference champ, as was pointed out earlier, Ohio State is probably more deserving.

Not the Big Ten

Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Looking at the SI web site, debate seems to be whether it should be Alabama or Ohio State to go with Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia. Being an old SEC guy, I go with Bama.

But let me edit that and add, based on strength of schedule and being conference champ, as was pointed out earlier, Ohio State is probably more deserving.

Don’t know, OSU’s loss to Iowa looks pretty bad now.

Last edited:

Not the Big Ten

Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

Don’t know, OSU’s loss to Iowa looks pretty bad now.

I think the Iowa loss cost them the spot. If they'd had 2 losses to good teams, they might have been in.

Not the Big Ten

Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama

1) Clemson
2) Oklahoma
3) Georgia
4) Ohio State

And, an embarrassing loss to Iowa counted for something! And that should count. I wish Alabama well in the game against Clemson!

I don't have much confidence that Alabama will win the championship.

But here is a tidbit that speaks to our dynasty. Of the 4 head coaches involved, 3 of them have National Championship rings from their time at Alabama.

Forum List

Back