College Football Playoff picture

I don't have a dog in the fight so I'm going with UGA. IMO, Bama got a gift because of (2) things. Saban and they are Alabama

-Geaux

And who would you have put in at #4?

Ohio State they got cheated

They wanted ratings and a Alabama vs Clemson rematch

The reason that will not happen is that OSU did not show up against Clemson last time around.

I suspect that if Bama performs like OSU did, in being shut out by 30 points, they won't make the playoffs next year either like OSU had happen to them this year.

Wait your basing last year to this year and that's the reason you think Ohio State didn't get #4. I never heard them base it on that ..

Well, if they base it on performance, OSU doesn't get in either.
I’ve got a solution. Give Clemson a bye in the first round....to play the winner of GA and OSU.

Okay, I’m kidding. With a 4 game tourment, there will almost always be some people unhappy with the selection.

auburn is a top notch school as well.

I graduated UGA in 1992 - used to be a running joke that Auburn was a backup school for kids that could not get into UGA

my son is going to Auburn
casty.gif

he has a 4.2 GPA & a true 33 on the ACT (34 with super score)

MOST of his friends (including his girlfriend) are going to Auburn

Alabama has a better academic reputation than Auburn; BUT crazy thing is - Auburn has tougher standards for scholarships (not sure about straight up admission standards)

the boy was offered a full ride to Bama & roughly 3/4 scholarship to Auburn - pretty sure he will make up the rest through other scholarships & grants, so no big deal...

I see people make fun of Auburn for academics & I just shake my head and laugh at them - they have absolutely stepped it up in that area in the last decade or so

The admission standards for Auburn have always been higher than Bama, but not that much.

I have a rough time with family. My daughter attended Eastern Kentucky University and is an Army officer, so that makes Army-Navy interesting. My son is at Pierce College in Washington, and my other daughter attended Central Texas.

My one sister is a die-hard Georgia fan and the other is a big Gator fan. One of my brothers and I both went to Auburn but he dropped out. Our youngest brother went to Norfolk State, but is an Auburn fan. My nephew, by my brother dropped out of Auburn, is attending Florida now. I have cousins that attended Purdue, Ohio State, Illinois, and Louisville. My Dad's cousins were Kentucky graduates, then both graduate students at Auburn, and professors of agriculture at Mississippi State where they received their doctorates.

I came within days of being a Texas A&M Aggie, and almost attended Georgia Tech.

I was actually stationed in Alabama for recruiting duty and had a station in Tuscaloosa, but I never set foot on the UAT campus for fear I would be endangering my life, being from the "other" university.

that was the nail in the coffin for the old BCS system, and many argue, the reason the playoff system came to be

-Geaux

nightmare scenario for the selection committee:

UCF pistol whips Auburn in the Peach Bowl

UGA plays Bama a week later in Atlanta - does not matter who wins

Auburn was a consensus lock to be in the playoffs had they won the SEC & they beat both teams in the championship game

UCF goes undefeated & beats that Auburn team handily??

IF that happens; look for the screams to get much louder for a 6 or 8 team playoff

and yes, I desperately want to see this actually happen

:beer:

^^^^^^ PURE FOOTBALL HEAVEN!

I can see a case for either Alabama or Ohio State. Either way, there are going to be some unhappy people.......and some happy people.

I still see undefeated UCF sittng out. South Fla beat Texas tech today adding more fuel to my UCF fire. Go undefeated yet you are out, but losing teams control own destiny to get in? Bullhockey.

UCF got a bad matchup in AUB.....a tricky team. And the UCF coach is leaving, destroying his control.

WISC-Ohio st. Got no business in final 4 IMO. At least they got that right.

Auburn SHOULD pistol whip UCF

but I can see them being unmotivated and getting beat (much like Bama against Utah in the Sugar Bowl a few years back)

I can also see Auburn being super motivated to make a statement for going into next year

if I am being honest, Auburn should probably be favored to win the SEC next year, EXCEPT thaey have to play us and Bama on the road 2 of their last 3 games

What is Auburn's record in Tuscaloosa?

How about in Athens?

I can see a case for either Alabama or Ohio State. Either way, there are going to be some unhappy people.......and some happy people.

I still see undefeated UCF sittng out. South Fla beat Texas tech today adding more fuel to my UCF fire. Go undefeated yet you are out, but losing teams control own destiny to get in? Bullhockey.

UCF got a bad matchup in AUB.....a tricky team. And the UCF coach is leaving, destroying his control.

Auburn SHOULD pistol whip UCF

but I can see them being unmotivated and getting beat (much like Bama against Utah in the Sugar Bowl a few years back)

I can also see Auburn being super motivated to make a statement for going into next year

if I am being honest, Auburn should probably be favored to win the SEC next year, EXCEPT thaey have to play us and Bama on the road 2 of their last 3 games

What is Auburn's record in Tuscaloosa?

How about in Athens?

last 10 years:

Auburn is 1-4 in Tuscaloosa and 0-4 in Athens

when Mizzou and aTm joined the conference; Auburn had to rearrange their schedule, so games in 2012 & 2013 were both played in Auburn - that's why there is one less game in Athens over the last 10 years

Athens and Tuscaloosa are tough venues for anybody; but to end every other season that way? Auburn got a raw deal on that IMO

eta - back in the day; the Iron Bowl was almost always played in Birmingham

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry was played in Atlanta in the early years, but was played in Columbus, GA most every year until 1959

The Buckeyes are looking good tonight against USC, #5 against #8. If we had an 8 game tournament, both teams would be in according to their rankings.

UCF got a bad matchup in AUB.....a tricky team. And the coach is leaving, destroying his control.

Tricky? I am looking at Auburn taking their trash-talking team to the mat and routing their asses all the way back down I-75.

AUB opens st -9.5. O/U 67.

Playing AUB is like playing themselves. Dont know what is coming? A conventional team would be easier for UCF. like GA or OSU maybe?

Note: I never heard much about UCF till game ~10, 11, 12. I saw MEM beat UCLA. I have nothing invested. Fairness is all I seek. The underdog story is nice. They are exciting and were well coached.

I want two things to happen:

UCF beats Auburn

Alabama wins the national championship

Then UCF can claim they should be the champion as they would be the only undefeated team AND beat the only team that beat Bama.

I WOULD LOVE THAT!

^^^^^ Phase one complete. Now Roll Tide!

Going with Oklahoma over Georgia and Clemson over Alabama

Clemson takes Oklahoma for the championship
Hmm...I must be stuck in the past. I figured that these two games tonight would be the determination. I forgot that they actually have a championship game. I'll still go with Oklahoma.

UCF got a bad matchup in AUB.....a tricky team. And the coach is leaving, destroying his control.

Tricky? I am looking at Auburn taking their trash-talking team to the mat and routing their asses all the way back down I-75.

Playing AUB is like playing themselves. Dont know what is coming? A conventional team would be easier for UCF. like GA or OSU maybe?

Note: I never heard much about UCF till game ~10, 11, 12. I saw MEM beat UCLA. I have nothing invested. Fairness is all I seek. The underdog story is nice. They are exciting and were well coached.

UCF beats Auburn

Then UCF can claim they should be the champion as they would be the only undefeated team AND beat the only team that beat Bama.

I WOULD LOVE THAT!

UCF is a decent team, but Auburn beat themselves today with turnovers.

UCF beats Auburn

I WOULD LOVE THAT!

UCF is a decent team, but Auburn beat themselves today with turnovers.

Superior coaching!

NOW GO BIG RED!

Oklahoma is very impressive

hope we can turn it around, but it does not look good...

If Alabama Beats Georgia in the national championship game.....does that make the SEC championship sort of illegitimate?

And let the record show that I did not act like a little bitch - I came up in here at half time when my boys were getting pistol whipped and the game looked out of hand

That was an amazing Rose Bowl. I am pleased as punch the Sooners lost.

Forum List

Back