College Football Playoff picture

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
With only 3 games left in the regular season, things are beginning to shape up for some great games in the playoffs.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

Notre Dame plays Miami this weekend.

If ND wins the rest of its games, they should be in the playoffs.

If both GA and Bama win the rest of their games, they will meet in the SEC Championship. If it is a close game, they might both make the playoffs.

We could see another all SEC Championship game. And since ND is an independent, it could be just 2 conferences represented in the playoff/championship. Maybe this will get us an 8 team playoff.

George lost. At the time of this post, both Alabama and Norte Dame are behind. Could Numbers 1,2 and 3 lose on the same day.....we will see.

If I were a betting man, I would still bet on Alabama, but Miss State are giving them all they can handle.

With only 3 games left in the regular season, things are beginning to shape up for some great games in the playoffs.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?

George lost. At the time of this post, both Alabama and Norte Dame are behind. Could Numbers 1,2 and 3 lose on the same day.....we will see.

If I were a betting man, I would still bet on Alabama, but Miss State are giving them all they can handle.

Our defense is playing true freshman, due to injuries.

Both Georgia and Bama started the day undefeated. A one loss Georgia will still likely make the playoff. ND losing will knock them out of it.

Current CFP rankings:

1) Georgia
2) Alabama
3) Notre Dame
4) Clemson
5) Oklahoma
6) TCU
7) Miami
8) Wisconsin
9) Washington
10) Auburn

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?

1) Bama
2) Miami
3) Clemson
4) Oklahoma

Bama wins 31-24! Roll Tide!!

Yeah, they squeaked by a MSST team that Auburn beat by 39 points 6 weeks ago.

Are you a Bama graduate or just a bandwagon rider?

You know the main difference between an Alabama fan and an Auburn fan? Auburn fans actually went to college at Auburn.

I graduated from Alabama. And my 2 sons graduated from Alabama.

Know what the difference between and auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

So we both beat MS St, but only one of us beat LSU. Bama put them down 24-10, but auburn lost to them.

You know the main difference between an Alabama fan and an Auburn fan? Auburn fans actually went to college at Auburn.
How do bama graduates do? For example I know msu and Michigan grads do very well. Like people who go to those schools become upper management in Fortune 500 companies.

I would like to compare them with bama and osu. Because they are clearly two better football programs but I don't think they are as good academically. I bet msu and uom are.

How do bama graduates do? For example I know msu and Michigan grads do very well. Like people who go to those schools become upper management in Fortune 500 companies.

I would like to compare them with bama and osu. Because they are clearly two better football programs but I don't think they are as good academically. I bet msu and uom are.

Of course it depends on the area. Law school grads from Alabama do very well. Accounting and other business schools do well. The engineering program has become one of the top in the nation.

I am also proud of the graduation rate for the football players. It is higher than the national average for all students, even nonathletes.

auburn is a top notch school as well.

Well, Forrest Gump started his own business and became richer than Davy Crockett. Anyone richer than Davy must be doing pretty well.

Know what the difference between and auburn cheerleader and a catfish? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

So we both beat MS St, but only one of us beat LSU. Bama put them down 24-10, but auburn lost to them.

Kudos for being a true Alabama fan! I run into so many wearing Alabama gear and 9 times out of 10, they say , "Oh, I didn't go there. I am just a fan!"

Auburn grad is looking for a place to live and only place available is a farmer's outhouse. The farmer notices a satellite dish after he moves in. The next day, he notices another satellite dish, so he asks the Auburn grad why there were two. The Auburn grad told him, "I hope you don't mind but I sublet the basement to an Alabama fan."

Kudos for being a true Alabama fan! I run into so many wearing Alabama gear and 9 times out of 10, they say , "Oh, I didn't go there. I am just a fan!"

Auburn grad is looking for a place to live and only place available is a farmer's outhouse. The farmer notices a satellite dish after he moves in. The next day, he notices another satellite dish, so he asks the Auburn grad why there were two. The Auburn grad told him, "I hope you don't mind but I sublet the basement to an Alabama fan."

College football, especially in the southeast, goes far beyond alumni.

An Alabama alum and an auburn alum apply for the same job setting poles for the power company. They were each sent out to set poles, with the one setting the most getting the job. The Alabama alum came back around 6pm. "I set 22 poles", he told the foreman. The foreman was duly impressed. The auburn alum cam in around 9pm. "I set 5 poles" he said. The foreman shook his head, "The Bama guy set 22 poles and was gone 3 hours less than you. He gets the job.". The aubbie was pissed. "Hell yeah he set more poles! YOu should see how much he left sticking out of the ground!".

So what do you guys think, is Alabama under Nick Saban the best College Football Program of all time? I think so!! Not real happy about it as I am a Buckeye fan! I sure do respect what the Tide have accomplished lately!

So what do you guys think, is Alabama under Nick Saban the best College Football Program of all time? I think so!! Not real happy about it as I am a Buckeye fan! I sure do respect what the Tide have accomplished lately!

What Nick Saban has done at Alabama is amazing. I agree that it is the best college football program of all time, at a time when there is more parity than ever. And he makes sure it is not just a football factory. The players will get their education whether they like it or not.

5mAIoDw.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back