Colin Powell Puts Hannity In His Place

"Passing things"? No wonder we are such sorry shape in Afghanistan when the former chairman of the joint chiefs of staff refers to political situations as "passing things" and then dismisses them. So called "leaders" like Powell allowed democrats to undermine the Military for years and turned his back while senators like Obama were undermining the Military mission in Iraq. Powell was against the 1st Gulf War and then took credit for the victory when Swartzkoff did such a remarkable job. Wright is still out there pretending to be a man of God and spewing hatred for his Country. Bill Ayers who should be sharing a cell with Charlie Manson is still a wheeler dealer in left wing Chicago politics and an associate of the president.

Are you sure he didn't just wink and say he'd have more flexibility after the election? :eusa_whistle:

Again..

What's your objection here.

Aside from the fact that Wright is being blunt.

You think we have 700 bases world wide to encourage economic development and parity in the third world?

You think we addressed the AIDS virus in a timely and aggressive manner?

You think that terrorists attacked this nation because they "hate our freedom"?

You think that white people in this country have been fair to other races, historically?

Why don't you ask Obama why he disavowed Wright completely... :eusa_whistle:

To get elected, of course.

Against the religion, or against building a victory mosque at the site of a major islamic success?

I find it telling that you want to declare 9/11 a major muslim success.

It's not really an "Islamic" success. It was an radical Islamist success, since it was their attack and WE certainly took the blow that day.

But of course, you knew that already. So your quibble is just another in a long line of your typically dishonest troll-isms.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:

Why is that the "bigger" question?

Wright objected to the invasion of Iraq..and said so..

Obama find the way he objected to be irresponsible..and left his church.

Colin Powell..is an American hero. He fought for the right to speak his mind. And all Americans should support that right. That's part of what makes America an exceptional nation.

Russia just tossed a punk band into jail for speaking their minds.

USA of KKK . remember that?

Wright's BLT is all about bad mouthing and blaming whites.

The Obamas had to agree with the hare whitey religion or they would not have stayed for 20 years.

You can't disavow facts.

This is analogous to a car thief being "put in his place" by a child molester.

Having disgraced himself by serving as George W. Bush's house ****** in facilitating the lie which led to the wholly unnecessary invasion of Iraq Colin Powell has no business criticizing anyone for anything. He deserves to be stood against a wall for what he did and he should remain in hiding rather than occasionally popping up to test the atmosphere.

We are not going to forget what this contemptible sonofabitch did. Because it was his deceptive testimony before the UN that secured the decision to invade. And he did it for a promotion to Secretary of State, which was one of the most egregious examples of political whoring in our history.

Bush is bad but Powell is infinitely worse, because he contemptuously betrayed the troops he once commanded and who trusted him. He sold them.

Again..

You think we have 700 bases world wide to encourage economic development and parity in the third world?

You think that white people in this country have been fair to other races, historically?

To get elected, of course.

That's part of it.

The other part of it was that Wright started doing the one man dancing bear show..and acting like a lunatic.

It was impossible to continue a relationship with him.

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

“Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright are just passing things,” Powell pointed out.

Just passing things? A mentor for 20 years? G_D America? And Obama never heard his mentor speak like that? Hogwash, Gen. Powell. You just lost credibility.

nobody cares.

This is analogous to a car thief being "put in his place" by a child molester.

Having disgraced himself by serving as George W. Bush's house ****** in facilitating the lie which led to the wholly unnecessary invasion of Iraq Colin Powell has no business criticizing anyone for anything. He deserves to be stood against a wall for what he did and he should remain in hiding rather than occasionally popping up to test the atmosphere.

We are not going to forget what this contemptible sonofabitch did. Because it was his deceptive testimony before the UN that secured the decision to invade. And he did it for a promotion to Secretary of State, which was one of the most egregious examples of political whoring in our history.

Bush is bad but Powell is infinitely worse, because he contemptuously betrayed the troops he once commanded and who trusted him. He sold them.

^ Race Card Overdrawn

Are you sure he didn't just wink and say he'd have more flexibility after the election? :eusa_whistle:

Again..

Why should he? Its an interesting dynamic we have here. Well slightly interesting. See Obama disavows Wright and you make an issue of it. Now had he not of disavowed Wright, we would have people like you coming here and in the media stating :

Why won't Obama disavow a man who states such hatred for america?

Again its a lose-lose situation Obama if he cared enough would find himself in. I mean lets be honest here, this would happen and you know it. This is what hatred of a man looks like. It is not rational nor forgiving in any sense of the word.

Powell is correct in saying Obama gave a speech, stopped with wright and moved on.
Its YOU people who have the issue. Its you people who constantly bring it up as if it matters.

The funny thing is watching you people come on here and state : Obama wont talk about the issues and has to attack Mittens personally about Taxes.
Yet here we are with you people dragging this for the past four years not letting go.

You can't bash Obama on his record? Yet you claim he is destroying America with his policies, YET he can't run on his achievements because he has none....

Its all one big contradiction and everyone is too lazy to notice.

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

Spill it.

When he did that, the dishonest pricks with no honor then stated that Obama "threw reverend Wright under the bus.", they certainly do dumb it down for their audience and followers who get brainwashed by that false propaganda on a daily basis.

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

20 years in his church as a grown up, not as an impressionable dog eating child, and NOW he "Disavows" him

LOL

Spill it.

Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

Did you respect him when he lied about weapons in Iraq? According to the left that's what he did?

Spill it.

When he did that, the dishonest pricks with no honor then stated that Obama "threw reverend Wright under the bus.", they certainly do dumb it down for their audience and followers who get brainwashed by that false propaganda on a daily basis.

and oh how did these people punt Powell off the bus when he didnt tow their bullshit.

God Damn, America! You're so obsessed by pointless, trivial shit!

Why is that the "bigger" question?

Wright objected to the invasion of Iraq..and said so..

Obama find the way he objected to be irresponsible..and left his church.

Colin Powell..is an American hero. He fought for the right to speak his mind. And all Americans should support that right. That's part of what makes America an exceptional nation.

Russia just tossed a punk band into jail for speaking their minds.

Oh I see, Wright just started objecting to the War in Iraq when Obama was running for President.

Colin Powell can say what ever he wants, I applaud his service for fighting for that right. However, I don't like that he's covering for Obama with lies and shrugs. Obama sat in Wright's church for 20 years. He married the Obamas and baptized their daughters, you don't throw a pastor under the bus because you happen to be running for President.

Powell has lost a lot of respect from his party, his friends and the voters. He can speak his mind and say what he wants, he's not the man I thought he was.

Personally..I don't hold up a religious litmus test to a candidate..unless that candidate starts saying that his religious beliefs will factor into policy.

Then..it becomes an issue.

Same here.

When the left claims Powell lied at the U.N. he was an unethical appalling liar, but when he gives Hannity a hard time, he's their hero.

Forum List

Back