Colin Powell Puts Hannity In His Place

“Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright are just passing things,” Powell pointed out.

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

I guess it only took 20 years and being elected POTUS for Obama to see the light. Quite the learning curve for a Harvard grad.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:
He's either one of two things, he's either a racist or a RINO... but then, he could be both.

And since he's come out in full support of the radical kenyan, his intelligence is also questionable.

In any case, the thread title is a farce.

I am not sure he is a RINO, black trumps Party, logic, common sense, credibilty,...a lot of things.

Don't punt it back to swallow and avoid everything I said. I don't care about swallow.

:rolleyes:

I understand you don't care to address Sallow's glaring contradiction which prompted my post, but YOU lost me with the bolded parts above, so I don't really care about YOU or your imaginary scenarios and I don't need to indulge your blah blah blah projections as if I have punted anything.

I dare Obama to look the American people in the eye and say what Sallow said. "Heck what's so terrible about what Rev. Wright said...?" Go ahead and ask HIM why he disavowed his mentor...

the only people making an issue out of what Wright said was you and other people. Most people don't give a shit. This was a slow news day story at best.

I don't care about what swallow said because i am more interested in what Powell said about Wright and why people seem to think its a big deal.

You got stuck on Swallow thinking it was important. It wasn't.

You are right, as long as their check comes first of the month they could care less about anything else.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-2i71bqGw]GOT OBAMA PHONE - Remix - #ObamaPhone - YouTube[/ame]

Bill Ayers set off bombs in Army recruiting stations while Powell was in the Army. Why does he want to forget about Hussein's political association with the domestic terrorist?

Spill it.

Wright served his country the united states . It's called free speech everyone

Likes it till they get slapped up side the head with it .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

That's what Robertson and Falwell said after 9/11.

Bush was never made to disavow either of those hucksters and he was very friendly with them all through his administration.
Wow, God destroyed those buildings and killed 3,000 people because he was pissed.

Colon Powell is a sellout, a black panderer.

He hung out with the GOP when it was convenient to move up the military chain of command during Reagan and Bush Sr, but today he jumped on the Democrap bandwagon as soon as they picked a 1/2 black for POTUS.

obamination doesn't share the economic, foreign policy and national defense policies of Reagan and Bush Sr, so either Powell is confused, lost his mind or is full of shit following an idiot from Chicago with no experience or clue on national matters outside rigging community elections for blacks.

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

After endorsing Obama in 2008 in a most despicable racist way, Colin Powell lost all credibility not only as a Republican, but as a human being. He, again, today confirmed that assessment with his vigorous support for Chuck Hagel, on one of the Sunday morning political talk shows.

Colin Powell is just a passing thing. Like a half-rotten item on the grocery shelf with the "Best Before" date going back 20 years.

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

Hannity's place is a corner, on a stool, with a dunce cap on his head.

Hannity would never kiss the ass of any man as Powell has been kissing the ass of Obama.

Bill Ayers set off bombs in Army recruiting stations while Powell was in the Army. Why does he want to forget about Hussein's political association with the domestic terrorist?

As they say, blood is thicker than water.

That old saying should be updated, saying that skin color is brighter than party color. So, Powell decided, way back in 2008 to endorse Obama, rather than the candidate of Powell's party.

But even that needs to be updated, because a black-looking half-white guy is vigorously supported by a guy who claims to be black but looks as white or whiter than I do after a week's vacation in Florida.

This is patently untrue.

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff during the planning and execution of the Iraq invasion, which means he had access to more pertinent intelligence than even the President. Who was in a better position to know what Iraq's strength was than he? The on-site inspectors repeatedly told him there were no such weapons and he ignored them.

The information you are thinking of is the Iraqui invasion of Kuwait. By the time the invasion of Iraq came about, Powell was already secretary of state. And, even there you're wrong. The Iraq invasion of Kuwait was in 1990 and Powell didn't become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs until 1993.

According to Colin Powell, before he gave his address to the United Nations to justify the invasion of Iraq he demanded to see the inspection reports himself. He accepted nothing that was provided to him. According to Hans Blix, the UN inspector, no one ever said that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Blix said that the UN inspectors couldn't get access to the sites they were to inspect. Blix said they could not verify that Iraq had or didn't have wmd. Based on the lack of verification and access, Powell determined that an invasion was necessary and made his speech at the United Nations gaining the resolution to invade.
You're quite right. In relying on fading memory I made a mistake in the time line of Powell's political ascent, for which I apologize. But that chronological error did in no way alter the point I was making, which is Powell's shameful and treacherous disposition toward the troops who once trusted him prior to his performance as Bush's house ******.

While it's true Powell was not Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Iraq invasion, he did occupy that role during the so-called Gulf War, which means no one knew better than he what sort of weapons capability Saddam Hussein had and didn't have! The fact is he chose to do what General Eric Shinseki refused to do, which is commit American troops to an invasion which was sure to result in a significant number of casualties unless reinforced by two hundred thousand more than was planned for.

Eric K. Shinseki News - The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/us/politics/07shinseki.html?_r=0

That refusal resulted in the honorable General Shinseki being forced by Bush's henchman, Donald Rumsfeld, to resign. General Shinseki is an honorable man and his action stands as evidence of Powell's disgrace.

Colin Powell, proceeded with the single condition that he could blame his deception on the CIA chief, George Tenet, if it backfired. He went before the UN, The U.S. Congress, and the world, with cartoon props, knowing exactly what he was doing and he supported an action which cost the lives of 5,800 American troops and maimed tens of thousands more, not to mention the deaths of countless innocent Iraqi civilians, including babies and their mothers.

Colin Powell, as Secretary of State and former Chairman of The Joint Chiefs, did what General Shinseki refused to do. And while orchestrating the military rescue of Kuwait (the "Gulf War") Powell presided over one of the most disgraceful acts of wanton and unnecessary butchery in the history of modern warfare, the details of which are richly revealed in words and pictures via Google, keywords; The Iraq Highway of Death. (Timothy McVeigh referred to that shameful action as having disillusioned him and turned him against the U.S. Government.)

Again, Colin Powell had cause to know better than anyone that Hussein had no WMDs. And he knew as well as General Shinseki knew what the Iraq invasion would cost. Yet he went ahead with his infamous deception because serving his master thusly was the price he was willing to pay for his political success. And now the slimy bastard slips out of the shadows now and then, testing the waters to see how many right-wing lemmings are willing to defend his reprehensible conduct against the obvious truth.

Once again, apologies for the technical error in my comment about Colin Powell. But, again, that error in no way alters the point I wished to make. Which is, Colin Powell is a disgrace to the uniform he once wore. He, more than anyone, is responsible for all the Iraq invasion has cost this Nation. Because were it not for his treacherous deception Bush could not have gotten approval to launch that criminal military aggression.

Last edited:

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:
He's either one of two things, he's either a racist or a RINO... but then, he could be both.

And since he's come out in full support of the radical kenyan, his intelligence is also questionable.

In any case, the thread title is a farce.

A farce?

:eusa_eh:

Oh....you mean, compared to your boy.....

mccain-palin-incontinence.jpg

she-may-look-clean.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Bush was never made to disavow either of those hucksters and he was very friendly with them all through his administration.

Wow the hypocrisy On the right is stunning.
I'd say "stunning" is a bit of an understatement, regarding that "great American" CHICKENHAWK'S.....

"According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10, 822, 785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.

On the other hand, 62% of the money went to “expenses,” including $979,485 for “consultants” and an “advisor.” Yes, consultant/advisors got more than double what injured troops and the kids of fallen troops got. The tax forms show that “New World Aviation” got paid $60,601 for “air travel.” Was that for Hannity’s G5? Like I said, neither the charity nor Hannity is talking. And finally, that year, Freedom Alliance spent $1,730,816 on postage and shipping and $1,414,215 on printing, for a total of $3,145,031, nearly half the revenue the charity spent that year and about eight times what the injured troops and the children of fallen ones received."

The bottom line in that observation is nothing Ayers did came even mentionably close to the damaging treachery demonstrated by Colin Powell in promoting what he undoubtedly and unquestionably knew to be the lie that maneuvered this Nation into committing a war crime -- the unlawful, unjustifiable, and wholly unnecessary invasion and occupation of Iraq.

Yes, Powell was in the Army. And what he did led directly to the deaths of 5,800 of the troops who respected and trusted him, the physical and mental crippling of tens of thousands more, the draining of our Treasury, and the ruin of our reputation in the world.

Were it not for Powell's prostituting of his reputation by deliberately lying before the UN and the world, the Congress would not have approved the Iraq invasion. If you doubt that, ask your own Representive why he or she voted to approve it.

Sean Hannity; MEGA-PUSSY!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fox News host Sean Hannity is so adamant that waterboarding is not torture that he once offered to be waterboarded at a charity event and donate the proceeds to soldiers’ families. Four years later, a yet-to-be-waterboarded Hannity did not take kindly to being called out about it on his own radio show.

On April 22, 2009, Charles Grodin appeared on Hannity’s Fox News show and asked Hannity, if he doesn’t believe waterboarding is torture, would he agree to be waterboarded. “Sure,” Hannity said. “I’ll do it for charity. I’ll let you do it. I’ll do it for the troops’ families.” But four years later, Hannity has yet to follow through on his offer.

When ThinkProgress brought up the matter at the beginning of an appearance on his radio show on Wednesday, Hannity’s displeasure was palpable. “I’m not getting into your five-year-old issue Hannity grumbled. We pressed on when he was planning to hold the event, the Fox host lost it. “Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. I get to ask the questions on the program,” Hannity said."

Heeeeerrre KITTY, KITTY,KITTY!!!!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

Only a partisan hack would think that Powell put Hannity in his place with that discussion. It seemed like a calm, reasoned, back and forth debate.

Fail thread.

It was a calm and reasoned put down of a petulant child by a statesman.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I also find Hannity annoying and repetitive. Now Mark Levin is another story. He would have shred Powell.
Nahhhhhhhh.....he's merely one, more....

....just like Hannity The Hustler.

Wow, God destroyed those buildings and killed 3,000 people because he was pissed.

You couldnt possibly understand what these guys were saying because you dont understand the concept of providential events and of unfettered consequences.

God did not make these things happen, He simply let the consequences of our actions in other ways come back on us.

You also cant understand it because you are a fucktard, stupid ass troll with his head too far up his colon hat to think clearly anyway.

It was a calm and reasoned put down of a petulant child by a statesman.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I also find Hannity annoying and repetitive. Now Mark Levin is another story. He would have shred Powell.
Nahhhhhhhh.....he's merely one, more....

....just like Hannity The Hustler.

And you are a racist idiot.

Go fuck yourself, bitch.

Forum List

Back