Colin Powell Puts Hannity In His Place

Why don't you ask Obama why he disavowed Wright completely... :eusa_whistle:

To get elected, of course.

That's part of it.

The other part of it was that Wright started doing the one man dancing bear show..and acting like a lunatic.

It was impossible to continue a relationship with him.

He did that every Sunday from the pulpit preaching black separatism and hatred of America. But it was the place to be on Sunday in Chicago for any black wannabee politician.

Why should he?

Its an interesting dynamic we have here. Well slightly interesting. See Obama disavows Wright and you make an issue of it. Now had he not of disavowed Wright, we would have people like you coming here and in the media stating :

Why won't Obama disavow a man who states such hatred for america?

Again its a lose-lose situation Obama if he cared enough would find himself in. I mean lets be honest here, this would happen and you know it. This is what hatred of a man looks like. It is not rational nor forgiving in any sense of the word.

Powell is correct in saying Obama gave a speech, stopped with wright and moved on.
Its YOU people who have the issue. Its you people who constantly bring it up as if it matters.

The funny thing is watching you people come on here and state : Obama wont talk about the issues and has to attack Mittens personally about Taxes.

Yet here we are with you people dragging this for the past four years not letting go.

You can't bash Obama on his record? Yet you claim he is destroying America with his policies, YET he can't run on his achievements because he has none....

Its all one big contradiction and everyone is too lazy to notice.

:rolleyes:

Sallow made a statement how Obama disavowed his Rev. Wright, and in the next breath Sallow said but heck Rev. Wright didn't say anything so terrible.

I can't help you if you can't see the contradiction I am pointing out there.

Then Sallow wants to pepper ME with questions over why why why and I just shrug...Uhhhh why don't you go ask Obama WHY he disavowed his "mentor".

Don't punt it back to swallow and avoid everything I said. I don't care about swallow.

:rolleyes:

I understand you don't care to address Sallow's glaring contradiction which prompted my post, but YOU lost me with the bolded parts above, so I don't really care about YOU or your imaginary scenarios and I don't need to indulge your blah blah blah projections as if I have punted anything.

I dare Obama to look the American people in the eye and say what Sallow said. "Heck what's so terrible about what Rev. Wright said...?" Go ahead and ask HIM why he disavowed his mentor...

Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

Did you respect him when he lied about weapons in Iraq? According to the left that's what he did?
It's not only "the left." It's anyone with sufficient common sense to understand what Powell did.

Powell was General of The Army that drove the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait, attacked them on "The Highway of Death" and nearly destroyed the entire Iraqi Army. If Iraq had any so-called Weapons of Mass Destruction, wasn't that the time to use them?

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff during the planning and execution of the Iraq invasion, which means he had access to more pertinent intelligence than even the President. Who was in a better position to know what Iraq's strength was than he? The on-site inspectors repeatedly told him there were no such weapons and he ignored them.

He went before the U.N. with theatrical props; a cartoon drawing of an implement which did not exist and a vial of what could have been corn starch and he told the world exactly what his master, George W. Bush, instructed him to. And anyone who cannot fathom from the crystal clear and unmistakable indications that Powell deliberately lied is either delusional, adamantly partisan, or simply stupid!

What Colin Powell did is a goddam shame.

Complete BS! Note what Hans Blix told Powell.

This is, in part, what Powell said:
Well, good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Earlier today, in accordance with UN Resolution 1441, Doctors’ Blix and El Baradei provided the United Nations Security Council their 60-day reports on inspection activity in Iraq.

We listened carefully as the inspectors reported that Iraq has not provided the active, immediate and unconditional cooperation that the Council demanded in UN Resolution 1441.

As Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." Let me repeat, because this is the essence of the problem. Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." 1441 is all about the disarmament demanded of Iraq.

The inspectors' findings came as no surprise. For 11 years before 1441, Saddam Hussein's regime refused to make the strategic decision, the political decision, to disarm itself of weapons of mass destruction and to comply with the world's demands.

To this day, the Iraq regime continues to defy the will of the United Nations. The Iraqi regime has responded to 1441 with empty claims, empty declarations and empty gestures.

It has not given the inspectors and the international community any concrete information in answer to a host of key questions: Where is the missing anthrax? This is not just a question of historical curiosity. It is essential for us to know what happened with this deadly material.

Where is the VX? Also not just a trivial question. We must know what happened to this deadly material.

Briefing on the Iraq Weapons Inspectors' Report

Here is what Scott Ritter said:

In his address Sunday, Ritter denied that Iraq possessed any weapons of mass destruction but acknowledged that concerns exist about the country's weapons programs.

"These concerns are almost exclusively technical in nature and do not overcome the reality that Iraq, during nearly seven years of continuous inspection activity by the United Nations, had been certified as being disarmed to a 90 [percent] to 95 percent level," he said.

In his address Sunday, Ritter denied that Iraq possessed any weapons of mass destruction but acknowledged that concerns exist about the country's weapons programs.

"These concerns are almost exclusively technical in nature and do not overcome the reality that Iraq, during nearly seven years of continuous inspection activity by the United Nations, had been certified as being disarmed to a 90 [percent] to 95 percent level," he said.

http://articles.cnn.com/2002-09-08/...er-iraqi-president-saddam-hussein?_s=PM:WORLD

That means 5% to 10% of the WMD's still existed if this convicted pervert is to be believed. Does anyone know if he is out of prison yet?

Last edited:
Powell's words on Meet the Press, June 10,2007:

GEN. POWELL: I spent five days out at the CIA going over every single piece of information that was going to be in my presentation. There were a lot of other pieces of information that different people would have wanted me to use and it was all rejected. Everything in that statement was blessed by the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet; his deputy, John McLaughlin; and all of their senior officials. They believed it, too. George has said he believed it. And so I went to the UN having dumped a lot of stuff on the side of the road because it wasn’t multiple source. It might have been right, but it wasn’t multiple source and I wouldn’t use it. And the reason you see Director Tenet sitting behind me is because I wanted to make sure and he wanted to make sure that people understood I was not making a political statement. I was making a statement of the facts as we knew them.

Meet the Press transcript...MTP transcript for June 10, 2007 - Meet the Press - NBCNews.com It's long but very interesting.
The reason Powell insisted on having Tenet sit behind him when he delivered that duplicitous testimony is he knew it was false and he wanted a place to point his finger if the truth came out -- as it has. The simple fact is if he had the slightest trace of doubt as those so-called "facts" he should not have testified as he did. That kind of testimony should derive only from absolute confidence in the evidence.

Powell knew exactly what he was doing.

What a giant crock of shit. The testimony was true and accurate. There have been many caches of WMD's located in Iraq, and some have even found their way into the hands of Al Qaeda have been used against US troops. This has been thoroughly documented by everyone from CNN to MSNBC to returning military personnel who have written books about it. For the left-wing nut jobs out there, here is your very own MSNBC reporting on WMD's found in Iraq...

Sarin-loaded bomb explodes in Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq - NBCNews.com

Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

Did you respect him when he lied about weapons in Iraq? According to the left that's what he did?
It's not only "the left." It's anyone with sufficient common sense to understand what Powell did.

Powell was General of The Army that drove the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait, attacked them on "The Highway of Death" and nearly destroyed the entire Iraqi Army. If Iraq had any so-called Weapons of Mass Destruction, wasn't that the time to use them?

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff during the planning and execution of the Iraq invasion, which means he had access to more pertinent intelligence than even the President. Who was in a better position to know what Iraq's strength was than he? The on-site inspectors repeatedly told him there were no such weapons and he ignored them.

He went before the U.N. with theatrical props; a cartoon drawing of an implement which did not exist and a vial of what could have been corn starch and he told the world exactly what his master, George W. Bush, instructed him to. And anyone who cannot fathom from the crystal clear and unmistakable indications that Powell deliberately lied is either delusional, adamantly partisan, or simply stupid!

Why would the Iraqi military use WMD's when they wanted Saddam Hussein defeated? Powell told the truth then, and like GWB, he was right.

The fact is, in his older years here, he's starting to go off the deep end and turn liberal. Fine. So what? If anything, the fact that the elderly losing their mind turn liberal after a life time of conservatism is an indictment on just how insane one has to be to subscribe to the idiotic ideology. At one time, Bobby Fischer was a genius. He died a lunatic. That's all we're seeing with Collin Powell right now. God Bless the man, he served this country honorably and was a true American hero. Don't smear the man because his mind is starting to fail him in his older years. You wouldn't do that to him if his body was starting to fail him.

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

“Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright are just passing things,” Powell pointed out.

Makes me wonder if Powell is showing signs of Alzheimer's.

Powell is a snake, and he lost his credibility years ago.

Only a complete idiot would lie like he lied to support the Bush war. But then again, only a complete idiot would report what Powell reported regarding the My Lai war crime.

Colin Powell is the archetypal politician in uniform who manages to brown-nose and connive his way to upper command levels while such truly honorable soldiers and sailors like General Eric Shinseki and Admiral William Fallon are fired by criminal bastards like George W. Bush because they won't go along with his devious schemes. The following is a well-studied biography of Colin Powell:

Consortiumnews.com

Last edited:

Complete BS! Note what Hans Blix told Powell.

This is, in part, what Powell said:
Well, good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Earlier today, in accordance with UN Resolution 1441, Doctors’ Blix and El Baradei provided the United Nations Security Council their 60-day reports on inspection activity in Iraq.

We listened carefully as the inspectors reported that Iraq has not provided the active, immediate and unconditional cooperation that the Council demanded in UN Resolution 1441.

As Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." Let me repeat, because this is the essence of the problem. Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." 1441 is all about the disarmament demanded of Iraq.

The inspectors' findings came as no surprise. For 11 years before 1441, Saddam Hussein's regime refused to make the strategic decision, the political decision, to disarm itself of weapons of mass destruction and to comply with the world's demands.

To this day, the Iraq regime continues to defy the will of the United Nations. The Iraqi regime has responded to 1441 with empty claims, empty declarations and empty gestures.

It has not given the inspectors and the international community any concrete information in answer to a host of key questions: Where is the missing anthrax? This is not just a question of historical curiosity. It is essential for us to know what happened with this deadly material.

Where is the VX? Also not just a trivial question. We must know what happened to this deadly material.

Briefing on the Iraq Weapons Inspectors' Report

Here is what Scott Ritter said:

Former weapons inspector: Iraq not a threat - CNN

That means 5% to 10% of the WMD's still existed if this convicted pervert is to be believed. Does anyone know if he is out of prison yet?
The need to invade Iraq was predicated on the actual existence of Weapons Of Mass Destruction, not the suspected existence of some intended future weapons program, which your cherry-picked commentary refers to.

The following is excerpted from Hans Blix's testimony re: the Weapons Of Mass Destruction lie that Powell sold to the UN:

(Excerpt)

HANS BLIX: Well, at the time, we were saying we had carried out a great many inspections and that we did not find any weapons of mass destruction, and we also voiced some criticism of the cases that the US Secretary of State Colin Powell had demonstrated in the Security Council. My colleague, Mr. ElBaradei, who was the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, had revealed that the alleged contract between Iraq and the state of Niger in Africa for the import of uranium oxide was a forgery and that the — also the tubes of aluminum, which had been alleged to be for making of centrifuges to enrich uranium, they most likely were not for that purpose.

So while the evidence that had been advanced from the US side and the UK side had been very weakened, we had carried out some 700 inspections without finding any evidence at all, and we had actually been to something like three dozen sites, which were given to us by intelligence, and had been able to tell them that, no, there was nothing in them, so that all allegations had been weakened very much, but not to the point of saying that there is nothing, because to prove that there is nothing is really impossible.

Former Chief UN Weapons Inspector Hans Blix on the US Rush to War in Iraq, the Threat of an Attack on Iran, and the Need for a Global Nuclear Ban to Avoid Further Catastrophe

(Close)

I'm quite sure you are beyond accepting any evidence that might tamper with your obvious reverence for Powell. But I'm genuinely curious to know the reason for it. What specifically is it about Colin Powell that you find worthy of respect? Aren't you capable of seeing through the flimsy defense for his reprehensible action? Do you actually believe that a man in his position truly believed Saddam Hussein's ruined nation was capable of producing the kind of weapons that would justify Bush's preciptious action?

Who beside Powell was in a better position to know the truth?

Last edited:

General Colin Powell speaks out exclusively to Meet the Press to make the case for fellow Vietnam war veteran Chuck Hagel as President Obama’s pick for Secretary of Defense. Also, with important decisions looming regarding United States’ role in Afghanistan, the former secretary of state weighs in on where he sees America’s place in an increasingly complex world. Plus, he endorsed the president in 2008 and 2012, what would he like to see from the commander-in-chief during a second term?

:clap2:

This is patently untrue.

The information you are thinking of is the Iraqui invasion of Kuwait. By the time the invasion of Iraq came about, Powell was already secretary of state. And, even there you're wrong. The Iraq invasion of Kuwait was in 1990 and Powell didn't become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs until 1993.

According to Colin Powell, before he gave his address to the United Nations to justify the invasion of Iraq he demanded to see the inspection reports himself. He accepted nothing that was provided to him. According to Hans Blix, the UN inspector, no one ever said that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Blix said that the UN inspectors couldn't get access to the sites they were to inspect. Blix said they could not verify that Iraq had or didn't have wmd. Based on the lack of verification and access, Powell determined that an invasion was necessary and made his speech at the United Nations gaining the resolution to invade.

Powell is a principled man. According to his own principles. He has given many interviews in which he said that he wouldn't rely on reports before going in front of the world and making a case for the war in Iraq. He examined the records and reports, including the intelligence from the British before deciding to make the case. He made an independent determination that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. As time unfolds the truth, Iraq undoubtably had wmd and those truck convoys were undoubtably taking them to Syria, exactly as was reported by satellite surveillance. Syria is threatening to use those weapons today on the Syrian people.

It isn't that the war in Iraq was wrong, it's that it came too late to divest Hussein of his biological and chemical weapons.

This is patently untrue.

Nice try.......

June 2, 2003

Powell vs. NeoCons

"Fresh evidence emerged last night that Colin Powell, the US secretary of state, was so disturbed about questionable American intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction that he assembled a secret team to review the information he was given before he made a crucial speech to the UN security council on February 5.

Mr Powell conducted a full-dress rehearsal of the speech on the eve of the session at his suite in the Waldorf Astoria, his New York base when he is on UN business, according to the authoritative US News and World Report.

Much of the initial information for Mr. Powell's speech to the UN was provided by the Pentagon, where Paul Wolfowitz, the US deputy defence secretary, set up a special unit, the Office of Special Plans, to counter the uncertainty of the CIA's intelligence on Iraq.

Mr. Powell's team removed dozens of pages of alleged evidence about Iraq's banned weapons and ties to terrorists from a draft of his speech, US News and World Report says today. At one point, he became so angry at the lack of adequate sourcing to intelligence claims that he declared: "I'm not reading this. This is bullshit," according to the magazine."

*​

According to Colin Powell, before he gave his address to the United Nations to justify the invasion of Iraq he demanded to see the inspection reports himself. He accepted nothing that was provided to him. According to Hans Blix, the UN inspector, no one ever said that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Blix said that the UN inspectors couldn't get access to the sites they were to inspect. Blix said they could not verify that Iraq had or didn't have wmd.

Go to
VIDEO

Hans Blix; British Iraq Inquiry

Last edited:
Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

Hannity's place is a corner, on a stool, with a dunce cap on his head.

Hannity's place is a corner, on a stool, with a dunce cap on his head.

Hell....that asshole oughta be DOING TIME!!!!!

"On Sunday, during an appearance on Meet The Press, Colin Powell condemned the GOP’s “dark vein of intolerance” and the party’s repeated use of racial code words to oppose President Obama and rally white conservative voters.

Without mentioning names, Powell singled out former Mitt Romney surrogate and New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu for calling Obama “lazy” and Sarah Palin, who, Powell charged, used slavery-era terms to describe Obama."

406268.jpg

"GET 'EM, ARIES!!!!!"

April 5, 1937

Booker T. Washington * Spencer Tracy * Bette Davis * Gregory Peck * Roger Corman * Colin Powell * Eric Burdon * Max Gail * Stan Ridgeway

Last edited:

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:
He's either one of two things, he's either a racist or a RINO... but then, he could be both.

And since he's come out in full support of the radical kenyan, his intelligence is also questionable.

In any case, the thread title is a farce.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back