Colin Powell Puts Hannity In His Place

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

“Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright are just passing things,” Powell pointed out.

• Banned
Oops. Wrong forum. If a mod could move this to politics, I'd appreciate it.

It's ALWAYS a good day, when Hannity gets.....

...SMACKED-AROUND!!!!

slap_3f.gif

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

Only a partisan hack would think that Powell put Hannity in his place with that discussion. It seemed like a calm, reasoned, back and forth debate.

Fail thread.

Only a partisan hack would think that Powell put Hannity in his place with that discussion. It seemed like a calm, reasoned, back and forth debate.

Fail thread.

only a partisan hack would think he didn't *shrug*

fail post. :eusa_whistle:

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

Fail thread.

only a partisan hack would think he didn't *shrug*

fail post. :eusa_whistle:

More deep thought s from the board dope.

Fail thread.

Pay here no mind. She talks out of her ass. Did you ever see her post a rebuttal with an actual fact..heck even a link. She posts some stupid, snide remark as her way of demonstrating that she has a shallow opinion.

She likes to post the word :"Fail"..based only on her lack of any rebuttal. Probably describes her school grades more than anything else.

“At the time, it was a guy who was living in Chicago and happened to have a friend by the name of Bill Ayers,” Powell replied. “But I don’t see Bill Ayers as having that kind of longstanding terrorist influence on the president.”

Yeah, it just happens. It just happens he loves Saul Alinsky, too. Wake up Powell...there's a pattern. It's okay to criticize a fellow African American. Powell=RINO Many say he lied at the U.N for GWB. Well if he did what does that tell you about his convictions.

Last edited:

Fail thread.

It was a calm and reasoned put down of a petulant child by a statesman.

Hannity is the cry baby of the bunch all that whinning In 3 hrs a day is funny as

hell to listen to .:eusa_boohoo:

Fail thread.

It was a calm and reasoned put down of a petulant child by a statesman.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I also find Hannity annoying and repetitive. Now Mark Levin is another story. He would have shred Powell.

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

Spill it.

Wright served his country the united states . It's called free speech everyone

Likes it till they get slapped up side the head with it .

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:

Spill it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

That's what Robertson and Falwell said after 9/11.

Bush was never made to disavow either of those hucksters and he was very friendly with them all through his administration.

Just passing things? A mentor for 20 years? G_D America? And Obama never heard his mentor speak like that? Hogwash, Gen. Powell. You just lost credibility.

Spill it.

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:

Why is that the "bigger" question?

Wright objected to the invasion of Iraq..and said so..

Obama find the way he objected to be irresponsible..and left his church.

Colin Powell..is an American hero. He fought for the right to speak his mind. And all Americans should support that right. That's part of what makes America an exceptional nation.

Russia just tossed a punk band into jail for speaking their minds.

Fail thread.

Pay here no mind. She talks out of her ass. Did you ever see her post a rebuttal with an actual fact..heck even a link. She posts some stupid, snide remark as her way of demonstrating that she has a shallow opinion.

She likes to post the word :"Fail"..based only on her lack of any rebuttal. Probably describes her school grades more than anything else.

Uhhh her response of "post fail" was in direct response to his "thread fail" claim.

How would YOU know what she NEVER does, Mr I just got here SIX days ago? :finger3:

Spill it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-CAcdta_8I]Falwell and Robertson on The 700 Club after 9/11 - YouTube[/ame]

That's what Robertson and Falwell said after 9/11.

Bush was never made to disavow either of those hucksters and he was very friendly with them all through his administration.

Wow the hypocrisy On the right is stunning . Thanx I have not seen that

Forum List

Back