Colin Powell Puts Hannity In His Place

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:
Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

Did you respect him when he lied about weapons in Iraq? According to the left that's what he did?

Did he actually lie?

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

When he did that, the dishonest pricks with no honor then stated that Obama "threw reverend Wright under the bus.", they certainly do dumb it down for their audience and followers who get brainwashed by that false propaganda on a daily basis.

and oh how did these people punt Powell off the bus when he didnt tow their bullshit.

LOL, no doubt!

I think the bigger question is why did Obama throw Wright under the bus?? Could it be that Wright was "Damning" America and everyone else just found out about it??

I must say Colin Powell is not the man I thought he was. :doubt:
Thanks for the laugh and proving my point!!!

Colin Powell is a standup guy. I've always respected and admired him. :)

Did you respect him when he lied about weapons in Iraq? According to the left that's what he did?
It's not only "the left." It's anyone with sufficient common sense to understand what Powell did.

Powell was General of The Army that drove the Iraqi forces out of Kuwait, attacked them on "The Highway of Death" and nearly destroyed the entire Iraqi Army. If Iraq had any so-called Weapons of Mass Destruction, wasn't that the time to use them?

Powell was Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff during the planning and execution of the Iraq invasion, which means he had access to more pertinent intelligence than even the President. Who was in a better position to know what Iraq's strength was than he? The on-site inspectors repeatedly told him there were no such weapons and he ignored them.

He went before the U.N. with theatrical props; a cartoon drawing of an implement which did not exist and a vial of what could have been corn starch and he told the world exactly what his master, George W. Bush, instructed him to. And anyone who cannot fathom from the crystal clear and unmistakable indications that Powell deliberately lied is either delusional, adamantly partisan, or simply stupid!

What Colin Powell did is a goddam shame.

It's equal parts funny and tragic how the left simply can't deal with reailty. They pretend like this means nothing, but then will go crazy over something like Bain Capital.

Mmmm, let's see here... If we break this down logically (I know, I know - liberals hate logic and reason - but just bear with me for a moment here). Bain Capital is a legal corporation that has no significant breeches of law that the American people are aware of at this time.

In contrast, Bill Ayers is a radical terrorist who bombed government buildings. And before you make the case that "it was a long time ago and people change", now that in 2001, on the day before the worst terrorist attacks in US history, he was quoted in the New York Times as saying not only did he not regret his terrorist actions of bombing government buildings, he wishes he would have done more.

Jeremiah Wright is a radical racist, and to his credit, is honest enough to admit his hate for the white man (he's proud of it).

So in the liberals mind, Mitt Romney is "evil" for being tied to a legal corporation, while Barack Obama being tied to terrorists and racists is a "non-story". Wow....

Ayres is a highly respected educator, Nixon screwed that up, and Wright hates white RACISTS, and wouldn't stop screwing up on the national stage in the middle of a campaign.

Ayres is a highly respected educator, Nixon screwed that up, and Wright hates white RACISTS, and wouldn't stop screwing up on the national stage in the middle of a campaign.

Ayers is highly respected.

:lmao:

"Ayers was da BOMB, a real piece of work! Of course I respected him," said Ted Kaczynski who, for some reason, could not be reached for any update to his comment.

COLON Powell is a sellout. A black guy that sucks up to white people for life until he gets the chance to jump on the black bandwagon with Obamination.

He is a fraud.

He lies about what he supported and said in regards to Iraq, once he found it wasn't "cool" around the cock-suckers in NYC.

Overall, he is a piece of shit that rose to 4-star based on sucking dicks and being black.:eusa_whistle:

Ayers is a certified nut case and even his mother knows it. Anyone who says they don't regret blowing up more government buildins has serious issues. And anyone who tries to defend that (ie you) has equally serious issues.

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

“Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright are just passing things,” Powell pointed out.

Only a partisan hack would think that Powell put Hannity in his place with that discussion. It seemed like a calm, reasoned, back and forth debate.

Fail thread.

Pay here no mind. She talks out of her ass. Did you ever see her post a rebuttal with an actual fact..heck even a link. She posts some stupid, snide remark as her way of demonstrating that she has a shallow opinion.

She likes to post the word :"Fail"..based only on her lack of any rebuttal. Probably describes her school grades more than anything else.

I dont think that is a fair summary of Jillians posts. This post was a rather flippant reversal, but that kind of thing happens because it is so easy and points out the obvious for emphasis. No foul really, IMO.

There are some libtards here like RDean and Starkey that are just death defyingly assinine, but most of the liberals here are not that way.

But they dont get the same reactions because most find reasoned discussion to be boring.

And by "screwing up", you mean telling the truth.

Barack Obama: "Do you know what your problem is? Your problem is, you have to tell the truth"

Jeremiah Wright: "Well that's a pretty good problem to have"

It's on tape and cannot be denied. Only a piece of shit, propagandist marxist like Barack Obama would consider someone to "have a problem" because they tell the truth. He's lied his way to the White House and even true liberals (ie the Clinton's, Jon Lovitz, etc.) are disgusted with him.

Again..

What's your objection here.

Aside from the fact that Wright is being blunt.

You think we have 700 bases world wide to encourage economic development and parity in the third world?

You think we addressed the AIDS virus in a timely and aggressive manner?

You think that terrorists attacked this nation because they "hate our freedom"?

You think that white people in this country have been fair to other races, historically?

Why don't you ask Obama why he disavowed Wright completely... :eusa_whistle:

Why should he? Its an interesting dynamic we have here. Well slightly interesting. See Obama disavows Wright and you make an issue of it. Now had he not of disavowed Wright, we would have people like you coming here and in the media stating :

Why won't Obama disavow a man who states such hatred for america?

Again its a lose-lose situation Obama if he cared enough would find himself in. I mean lets be honest here, this would happen and you know it. This is what hatred of a man looks like. It is not rational nor forgiving in any sense of the word.

Powell is correct in saying Obama gave a speech, stopped with wright and moved on.
Its YOU people who have the issue. Its you people who constantly bring it up as if it matters.

The funny thing is watching you people come on here and state : Obama wont talk about the issues and has to attack Mittens personally about Taxes.
Yet here we are with you people dragging this for the past four years not letting go.

You can't bash Obama on his record? Yet you claim he is destroying America with his policies, YET he can't run on his achievements because he has none....

Its all one big contradiction and everyone is too lazy to notice.

:rolleyes:

Sallow made a statement how Obama disavowed his Rev. Wright, and in the next breath Sallow said but heck Rev. Wright didn't say anything so terrible.

I can't help you if you can't see the contradiction I am pointing out there.

Then Sallow wants to pepper ME with questions over why why why and I just shrug...Uhhhh why don't you go ask Obama WHY he disavowed his "mentor".

Last edited:
This is analogous to a car thief being "put in his place" by a child molester.

Having disgraced himself by serving as George W. Bush's house ****** in facilitating the lie which led to the wholly unnecessary invasion of Iraq Colin Powell has no business criticizing anyone for anything. He deserves to be stood against a wall for what he did and he should remain in hiding rather than occasionally popping up to test the atmosphere.

We are not going to forget what this contemptible sonofabitch did. Because it was his deceptive testimony before the UN that secured the decision to invade. And he did it for a promotion to Secretary of State, which was one of the most egregious examples of political whoring in our history.

Bush is bad but Powell is infinitely worse, because he contemptuously betrayed the troops he once commanded and who trusted him. He sold them.

Powell's words on Meet the Press, June 10,2007:

GEN. POWELL: I spent five days out at the CIA going over every single piece of information that was going to be in my presentation. There were a lot of other pieces of information that different people would have wanted me to use and it was all rejected. Everything in that statement was blessed by the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet; his deputy, John McLaughlin; and all of their senior officials. They believed it, too. George has said he believed it. And so I went to the UN having dumped a lot of stuff on the side of the road because it wasn’t multiple source. It might have been right, but it wasn’t multiple source and I wouldn’t use it. And the reason you see Director Tenet sitting behind me is because I wanted to make sure and he wanted to make sure that people understood I was not making a political statement. I was making a statement of the facts as we knew them.

Meet the Press transcript...MTP transcript for June 10, 2007 - Meet the Press - NBCNews.com It's long but very interesting.

Powell's words on Meet the Press, June 10,2007:

GEN. POWELL: I spent five days out at the CIA going over every single piece of information that was going to be in my presentation. There were a lot of other pieces of information that different people would have wanted me to use and it was all rejected. Everything in that statement was blessed by the director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet; his deputy, John McLaughlin; and all of their senior officials. They believed it, too. George has said he believed it. And so I went to the UN having dumped a lot of stuff on the side of the road because it wasn’t multiple source. It might have been right, but it wasn’t multiple source and I wouldn’t use it. And the reason you see Director Tenet sitting behind me is because I wanted to make sure and he wanted to make sure that people understood I was not making a political statement. I was making a statement of the facts as we knew them.

Meet the Press transcript...MTP transcript for June 10, 2007 - Meet the Press - NBCNews.com It's long but very interesting.
The reason Powell insisted on having Tenet sit behind him when he delivered that duplicitous testimony is he knew it was false and he wanted a place to point his finger if the truth came out -- as it has. The simple fact is if he had the slightest trace of doubt as those so-called "facts" he should not have testified as he did. That kind of testimony should derive only from absolute confidence in the evidence.

Powell knew exactly what he was doing.

Why don't you ask Obama why he disavowed Wright completely... :eusa_whistle:

Why should he? Its an interesting dynamic we have here. Well slightly interesting. See Obama disavows Wright and you make an issue of it. Now had he not of disavowed Wright, we would have people like you coming here and in the media stating :

Why won't Obama disavow a man who states such hatred for america?

Again its a lose-lose situation Obama if he cared enough would find himself in. I mean lets be honest here, this would happen and you know it. This is what hatred of a man looks like. It is not rational nor forgiving in any sense of the word.

Powell is correct in saying Obama gave a speech, stopped with wright and moved on.
Its YOU people who have the issue. Its you people who constantly bring it up as if it matters.

The funny thing is watching you people come on here and state : Obama wont talk about the issues and has to attack Mittens personally about Taxes.
Yet here we are with you people dragging this for the past four years not letting go.

You can't bash Obama on his record? Yet you claim he is destroying America with his policies, YET he can't run on his achievements because he has none....

Its all one big contradiction and everyone is too lazy to notice.

:rolleyes:

Sallow made a statement how Obama disavowed his Rev. Wright, and in the next breath Sallow said but heck Rev. Wright didn't say anything so terrible.

I can't help you if you can't see the contradiction I am pointing out there.

Then Sallow wants to pepper ME with questions over why why why and I just shrug...Uhhhh why don't you go ask Obama WHY he disavowed his "mentor".

Don't punt it back to swallow and avoid everything I said. I don't care about swallow.

Ayers is a certified nut case and even his mother knows it. Anyone who says they don't regret blowing up more government buildins has serious issues. And anyone who tries to defend that (ie you) has equally serious issues.

Funny how the echo-chamber distorts your mind?

"I never said I had any love for explosives, and anyone who knows me found that headline sensationalistic nonsense. I said I had a thousand regrets, but no regrets for opposing the war with every ounce of my strength. I told her that in light of the indiscriminate murder of millions of Vietnamese, we showed remarkable restraint, and that while we tried to sound a piercing alarm in those years, in fact we didn’t do enough to stop the war."

Clarifying the Facts— a letter to the New York Times, 9-15-2001 « Bill Ayers

This is analogous to a car thief being "put in his place" by a child molester.

Having disgraced himself by serving as George W. Bush's house ****** in facilitating the lie which led to the wholly unnecessary invasion of Iraq Colin Powell has no business criticizing anyone for anything. He deserves to be stood against a wall for what he did and he should remain in hiding rather than occasionally popping up to test the atmosphere.

We are not going to forget what this contemptible sonofabitch did. Because it was his deceptive testimony before the UN that secured the decision to invade. And he did it for a promotion to Secretary of State, which was one of the most egregious examples of political whoring in our history.

Bush is bad but Powell is infinitely worse, because he contemptuously betrayed the troops he once commanded and who trusted him. He sold them.

I can absolutely see where you are coming from but the man made a judgement call. Was it wrong? I have always thought so but than I wasn't there. I don't think he got anything done that would not have gotten done without him. Several people just resigned. Was that better?

Colin Powell is a great man. Colin Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Powell calls out Hannity over obsession with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright | The Raw Story

Retired Gen. Colin Powell is encouraging Fox News host Sean Hannity to give up his obsession about President Barack Obama’s former relationships with Bill Ayers and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

“I find him one of the most divisive figures in — that I’ve witnessed in politics today,” Hannity told Powell during an interview on Tuesday.

“[T]hat’s a term that’s being used rather freely,” Powell noted. “I don’t think he’s that divisive an issue. … What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say, ‘We’re going to destroy him. We’re going to destroy him’?”

“I wasn’t out to destroy him,” Hannity insisted. “I was critical about Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright.”

No argument with any of this. I don't watch Hannity but a few minutes a week when waiting for On The Record or after the No Spin Zone.

Hannity usually calls Obama the annointed one, a term I think is simply outrageous. Hannity has never been high on my list. He has his panel, asks their opinion and then lectures them.

Sure Colie, 20 years in Wright's church and an indoctrination since his early years is just a passing phase.

And Obama gave a major speech on race..and disavowed Wright completely. They no longer have any contact. Additionally..it wasn't the Democratic side that brought up religion. It was the Republican side. And they hold religion as a litmus test for office.

But heck..what was so terrible about Wright?

Spill it.

Wright served his country the united states . It's called free speech everyone

Likes it till they get slapped up side the head with it .

Poor Colin Powell doesn't mind being called the enemy by his black bro.'

In an interview with Univision radio, Obama urged Hispanic votes for Democrats, and said: "If Latinos sit out the election instead of, 'we're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder."

Forum List

Back