Colin Kapernick

every thread about Trump and the NFL needs to be moved to "law and justice"

same animal-different color.

Police brutality and racial inequality was the ORIGINAL REASON Kaperinic took a knee in 2016.

Lie, Spin, bitch ... Trump is too damn stupid to be truthful - his idiot drones are too damn stupid to do anything but kiss his ass. Total confusion leading to horseshit rants for the wrong reasons.

Police brutality. And racial inequality. That's what demonstrations during the national anthem are about!

That's what Colin Kaepernick knelt for last year, long before Trump was in office. Kaepernick was never specifically protesting about Trump. Heck, Kaepernick had harsh words for Hillary Clinton, too. His protest was about African-Americans getting shot by police officers, profiled by law enforcement and labeled as dangerous thugs by society. That's a crisis that predates the Trump presidency by decades.

Kaepernick's message was initially distorted, garbled and repurposed by those who specialize in distorting, garbling and repurposing any messages they don't want to hear. The get the hell out of my countrycrowd has always been too dedicated to being part of the problem, dating back to the civil rights movement, to listen to the likes of Kaepernick. But plenty of other athletes and activists understood Kaepernick's cause and rallied to it.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2735093-have-we-lost-sight-of-what-colin-kaepernick-was-really-protesting-for

Worth noting here that most RWnuts don't have a problem with police brutality against people of color.

I have a problem when thugs act like thugs then get pissed when police treat them like thugs. If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't act like one.

I have a problem with police brutality. I don't agree that what you call brutal fits the definition as I have explained.

Interesting how you don't seem to have a problem with police treating white people in a manner you consider brutal. Or is it that you think white people deserve it?
how many unarmed white guys have police killed?

Plenty.

its your constitutional right do and say nothing about it ... would you protest if someone made you take a stand about unarmed whites being killed by cops?

Depends on the circumstances. If he were attempting to take a cop's gun, then no. He deserved what he got.

Police brutality and racial inequality was the ORIGINAL REASON Kaperinic took a knee in 2016.

Lie, Spin, bitch ... Trump is too damn stupid to be truthful - his idiot drones are too damn stupid to do anything but kiss his ass. Total confusion leading to horseshit rants for the wrong reasons.

Police brutality. And racial inequality. That's what demonstrations during the national anthem are about!

That's what Colin Kaepernick knelt for last year, long before Trump was in office. Kaepernick was never specifically protesting about Trump. Heck, Kaepernick had harsh words for Hillary Clinton, too. His protest was about African-Americans getting shot by police officers, profiled by law enforcement and labeled as dangerous thugs by society. That's a crisis that predates the Trump presidency by decades.

Kaepernick's message was initially distorted, garbled and repurposed by those who specialize in distorting, garbling and repurposing any messages they don't want to hear. The get the hell out of my countrycrowd has always been too dedicated to being part of the problem, dating back to the civil rights movement, to listen to the likes of Kaepernick. But plenty of other athletes and activists understood Kaepernick's cause and rallied to it.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2735093-have-we-lost-sight-of-what-colin-kaepernick-was-really-protesting-for

Colin Kaepernick is welcome to his 1st Amendment protests. Football events are private events. It's his WORKPLACE and he is an EMPLOYEE there. THAT'S where the issue is. There are OODLES of workplace rules and contractuals that PROHIBIT carrying protests to game day.

No matter how many the left asserts otherwise ---- they are only showing their ignorance of 1st Amendment issues.

RW dopes are still bitching about the wrong scenario for the wrong reasons. Actual facts mean absolutely nothing to them or their tiny little minds.

TOTALLY PATHETIC.

seven pages later and they're still left standing in the dark .. poor little simpletons - nobody's fault but their own.
I have no idea what the Trumpbots here think about it, and no interest either, but Kaepernick says he won't stand to show pride in the flag when the country "oppresses" black folks.

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

I've never seen standing as showing "pride" so mush as respect. Back during Vietnam some had the same view as to not standing. I was no fan of that trumped (-: up war, but I was not ok with not showing respect, esp for my relatives who'd left pieces of themselves in two world wars and Korea. I still don't put my hand over my heart because I know the powers in this country will lie and kill us for their political careers, btw.

And the problem is that the country does more than just oppress blacks, or prosecute wars simply for corrupt individuals to gain or keep power. The country does good stuff too. So Kaepernick's position is logically untenable. I never thought I'd think Jerry Jones got something right, but imo he did on this. If the black players, and others, want to draw attention to the unfairness of the justice system, I'm all for it. But it's them who have muddied the waters on this thing. The Oranguton is merely a corrupt person who capitalizes on creating controversy.

Kaepernick was just an easy target for the Oranguton who wanted an issue to deflect from amnesty and Daca and yet another Obamacaredebacle.

Most people don't like the kneeling during the anthem even if they have some misgivings about how blacks are treated in policing. The guy's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and before starting his protest thing he probably should have gotten advice.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with the frequency of cops pulling over blacks. But there's no doubt some have been killed despite not threatening cops, but merely because of misperceptions by cops. It's sad. However, imo the larger problem is inequality within the justice system of how crimes are punished ... or not punished.

I think I agree.

Colin Kaepernick is welcome to his 1st Amendment protests. Football events are private events. It's his WORKPLACE and he is an EMPLOYEE there. THAT'S where the issue is. There are OODLES of workplace rules and contractuals that PROHIBIT carrying protests to game day.

No matter how many the left asserts otherwise ---- they are only showing their ignorance of 1st Amendment issues.

your opinion ...

the team, and the facility belong to the owner. They are in their constitutional rights to assemble, and protest peacefully.

The people that dont like that dont go there, and most certainly dont go there then bitch about what goes on after you get there.

your opinion ...

the team, and the facility belong to the owner. They are in their constitutional rights to assemble, and protest peacefully.

The people that dont like that dont go there, and most certainly dont go there then bitch about what goes on after you get there.

Not if they violate their WORK RULES and CONTRACTS with the owners. They have NO right to disrupt the business they work at without CLEAR consent from the ownership. That's the issue. NOT -- a right to peaceably assemble issue.

Now -- it's up to the NFL. If they want to make this another "pink ribbon" exercise or not. NOT up to Trump or the Govt.. And the players HAVE the option to take their protest to MANY other venues.

your opinion ...

Not if they violate their WORK RULES and CONTRACTS with the owners. They have NO right to disrupt the business they work at without CLEAR consent from the ownership. That's the issue. NOT -- a right to peaceably assemble issue.

Now -- it's up to the NFL. If they want to make this another "pink ribbon" exercise or not. NOT up to Trump or the Govt.. And the players HAVE the option to take their protest to MANY other venues.

Jerry Jones taking arms, and kneeling in his own stadium with his own team speaks for itself.

Players contracts ? I'd love to see ONE that stipulated no knee taking. Just one.

next contestant.

Plenty.

Plenty.
then there are more murderers than we know about?

What?
don't hear too much about the cops that kill unarmed white guys

Just because someone was unarmed doesn't mean they were unjustly killed. Take Michael Brown, had he not tried to take a cop's gun, he'd still be alive.
he was murdered way after grabbing for the gun

Just because someone was unarmed doesn't mean they were unjustly killed. Take Michael Brown, had he not tried to take a cop's gun, he'd still be alive.
he was murdered way after grabbing for the gun
No! No! No! Big Mike had his hands up shouting don't shot!

your opinion ...

Jerry Jones taking arms, and kneeling in his own stadium with his own team speaks for itself.

Players contracts ? I'd love to see ONE that stipulated no knee taking. Just one.

next contestant.

Nothing I said was opinion. It's fact. Players are required by the NFL to take their helmets in their LEFT HAND and stand for the National Anthem. They have been BUSTED and suspended for much less. Like wearing the wrong colored socks or cleats. Or using the wrong brand headphones on the field during warm-up..

As far as what Jerry Jones does -- that's HIS perogative. THAT'S how it's supposed to work. But if you NOTICED --- that display was NOT during the National Anthem. It was a compromise. And it remains to be seen if that will EVER happen again.

your opinion ...

next contestant.

You shouldn't display this much ignorance on topics you want to fight about. I never lie or misrepresent on a Message Board.

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NEXT OP CONTESTANT PLEASE.. Go ahead -- go it a 1st Amendment Issue.. Dare you...

Worth noting here that most RWnuts don't have a problem with police brutality against people of color.

I have a problem when thugs act like thugs then get pissed when police treat them like thugs. If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't act like one.

I have a problem with police brutality. I don't agree that what you call brutal fits the definition as I have explained.

Interesting how you don't seem to have a problem with police treating white people in a manner you consider brutal. Or is it that you think white people deserve it?

Study: More Whites Killed By Police Than Blacks

The most recent unarmed white person shot by police was Justine Damond in Minnesota. She had called the police because of an assault. The officer that shot her had been sued already for assault in his two years on the force. He was of color and the victim was white so nothing to see here as far as the left is concerned. Compare that with Michael Brown, a piece of shit that tried to steal the gun of a police officer addressing him as matching a description given of him from previous criminal actions. While he was also unarmed, the actions of these two were quite different, the former being civil and the latter being savage.

Plenty.

Plenty.

What?

That's because those looting, burning, and destroying property when a black is killed don't give a shit when a white is killed by police.

Compare/Contrast the situation of Justine Damond, unarmed civil white shot by police, to Michael Brown, unarmed piece of shit black shot by police.

Plenty.

Plenty.

What?

Compare how savage Michael Brown, unarmed piece of shit, acted to that of Justine Damond, unarmed civil white. Both killed by police. Blacks riot and protest when Brown was killed yet nothing from them when Damond, someone that did nothing wrong, was killed by police.

Plenty.

Plenty.

What?

That's because those looting, burning, and destroying property when a black is killed don't give a shit when a white is killed by police.

Compare/Contrast the situation of Justine Damond, unarmed civil white shot by police, to Michael Brown, unarmed piece of shit black shot by police.
brown was far from a saint but imo he was killed needlessly

Plenty.

its your constitutional right do and say nothing about it ... would you protest if someone made you take a stand about unarmed whites being killed by cops?

Why do you automatically assume the unarmed person was innocent? Michael Brown was unarmed but got what he deserved because of his actions. Blacks riot and protest. Justine Damond, white, unarmed and innocent killed by a officer of color and blacks say nothing.

brown was far from a saint but imo he was killed needlessly

So you're OK with thugs trying to get guns from cops? He deserved what he got. Not because he was black but because he was a piece of shit.

Forum List

Back