CNN POLL: 75% Of Financial Experts Say Romney Victory Would Improve Markets...

" Very few people go into business to create jobs. They go into business to make money and to serve a perceived need. Jobs result from that effort. "

I am not entirely sure this is true. I think there are more than a few who start a business to create jobs and serve a perceived need that is more than satisfying a demand for a product or service. Yeah, it's gotta turn a profit, or the business will fail; even an altruistic entrepenuer isn't going to throw good money after bad. But this notion that it's just about the money is not true; if I was a wealthy man, enough to start a company, I'd do it. And I have no doubt many here would do the same.

Good point about the stock market. Higher now than when Obama first took office. Not bad for first term prez.

The Markets are up 80% under President Obama.

Does Romney promise to improve on that?

:eusa_angel:Why don't you take some time and go out and ask some investors. I bet they will even buy you a beer.

Investors had no problem getting back into the market after Obama was elected. They managed to increase the market from 6600 to over 13000. They don't seem to be that concerned about Obamas presidency.....in fact, they seem downright bullish

Real estate seems to picking up at least where I'm at (orange county, ca). Recovery might be slow since the economy was teetering on a cliff when Obama took over.

Real estate seems to picking up at least where I'm at (orange county, ca). Recovery might be slow since the economy was teetering on a cliff when Obama took over.

There is no recovery. Too many people without jobs still. My son who admittedly is special needs, graduated from a two year degree at Devry in Nov with honors and still can't find a job. My niece who graduated from the UW is working in a mw job at Bartel drugs. Many, many people I know are unemployed or underemployed. Even my brother in law with his PhD hasn't found another job. He's starting another business.

My husband has Parkinson's. He wants to, probably needs to retire and I can't find a job to cover the income and insurance we will lose when he retires early.

markets up, employment down. Looks like Obama is looking out for the 1% instead of the middle class and poor.

Don't think Obama is looking out for the 1%ers, he's looking out for those groups in his political base. A rising tide lifts all boats, but he ain't trying to do that; he's trying to pick winners and losers based on political ideology and support.

Public workers being layed of adds to the unemployment problem. Now it looks like the post office may put more people on the unemployment list. When the market is up it shows optimism. There wouldn't be optimism if Obama were a marxist, commie, or whatever. Of course only the extremists ever believed this about Obama.

markets up, employment down. Looks like Obama is looking out for the 1% instead of the middle class and poor.

Obama does have a proven record. There's uncertainty with Romney, and it looks like he can't wait to stir things up with Iran. Another costly war?

Don't think Obama is looking out for the 1%ers, he's looking out for those groups in his political base. A rising tide lifts all boats, but he ain't trying to do that; he's trying to pick winners and losers based on political ideology and support.

OWS posers are such dipshits. Now they suddenly love increased Wall Street profits. Must be their latest DNC marching-orders. Today Wall Street is good, tomorrow they'll be "Evil." Who knows with disingenuous Dem-Bots?

Forum List

Back