CNN obtains transcript of Trump audio: “As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,”

A defense of Donald Trump, holding onto the secret documents is that he declassified them as President.

but CNN has obtained a transcript of Donald Trump’s tape, saying that he could’ve, but didn’t, declassify this particular “secret” document:

“Former President Donald Trumpacknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.”
View attachment 793275

Notice the transcript has strange editing. This is from the actual indictment, not CNN...

trump_ind.jpg

Why do they use ***, ... and ---?

Does one or more of these mean some information was intentionally deleted? The three asterisks are used in other places where conversations are purportedly "transcribed."

The issue is this is going to have very little impact upon the elections. Yes, I believe anyone that broke the law here should be charged. I don't believe it should only be Trump though.

Voters are going to think the same way.
Voters who think the same way, that is, those who think there is an equivalence between what Trump did regarding classified docs and what Clinton/Pence/Biden did are gullible, misinformed rubes.

Devin Nunes says the audio tape is a hoax.
Devin Nunes....LOLLOLLOLLOL
He has ZERO proof.
There is an audio tapes, and he still claims it's a hoax.

This ^^^^ is embarrassing for all you bootlickers.

Voters who think the same way, that is, those who think there is an equivalence between what Trump did regarding classified docs and what Clinton/Pence/Biden did are gullible, misinformed rubes.

It doesn't have to be equivalent to be wrong.

It doesn't have to be equivalent to be wrong.
Sure. But there's a difference between cases based on intent, based on disparate circumstances, and based on the level of awareness concerning possession of the materials in question.

Hello, Alex jones fan. Your conspiracy theory didn’t age well.

You could have at least posted the full audio from CNN...

Transcript by me...

Trump:
These are bad, sick people.

Other person:
That was your queue [clue?], ya know against you.

Trump:
That started the night [unintelligible]

Other person:
But when Comey's talking about, oh we're going to try to get Trump. They were trying to do that even before you were sworn in.
That's right.

Trump:
Well with me, let me see that, I'll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn't it amazing how a big pile of papers just came up? Look. This was in it. They presented me this, this offer, they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him.

Other person:
Wow.

Trump:
They looked at some. This was him. This wasn't done by me. This was him. All sorts of stuff. Pages long. Let's see here.

Other person:
[Laughter]

Trump:
Isn't that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is very highly confidential, secret.

Other person:
[Laughter]

Trump:
This is secret information. Look at this. We attack and.

Other person:
Hillary would print that out all the time.

Trump:
Same with Anthony Weiner,

[Laughter]

Trump:
The pervert. By the way, isn't that incredible? [unintelligible] 'Cause we were just talking about it, and here he said, "he wanted to attack Iran"

Other person:
It's serious.

Trump:
This was done by the military and given to me. I think we can probably, right.

Other person:
We'll have to see now, it's a sort of

Trump:
Declassify it.

Other person:
figure out how.

Trump:
See, as president I could have declassified it, but now I can't, but this is [unintelligible].

Other person:
Now we have a problem.

Trump:
Isn't that interesting? It's a cool.

A defense of Donald Trump, holding onto the secret documents is that he declassified them as President.

but CNN has obtained a transcript of Donald Trump’s tape, saying that he could’ve, but didn’t, declassify this particular “secret” document:

“Former President Donald Trumpacknowledged on tape in a 2021 meeting that he had retained “secret” military information that he had not declassified, according to a transcript of the audio recording obtained by CNN.

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,” Trump says, according to the transcript.”
View attachment 793275

You guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too funny. First you say that a president can't just declassify classified documents. Then you say, "Hey look, we've got a recording of Trump admitting that he didn't declassify this document". In other words, you are now admitting that Trump could declassify classified documents. What a bunch of circus clowns.

Sure. But there's a difference between cases based on intent, based on disparate circumstances, and based on the level of awareness concerning possession of the materials in question.

All of it is illegal.

Definitely authentic, no doubt.
Thats why courts readily accept these audio recordings in all their cases.....wait...
Yes moron, they did. This recording is part of material evidence against Trump.

See section (6. a) of the indictment that details this event.

Forum List

Back