Clinton sure did a 180°

I think he has been told that being so vague on who he wants in the WH is hurting Obama. Clinton has always wanted to be fair to everybody and that, imo, makes him a liability to the Democratic party. It's why people don't really want him to campaign for them. Loved him as president but I want to smack him sometimes when he gets non committal.

When Al Gore was running for president, Clinton once asked a New Yorker interviewer why does he hate me so much? I don't think Gore hated him rather he felt Clinton would not have his best interest at heart. If he is campaigning for Obama, he needs to be solidly behind Obama and stop saying anything nice about the opposition.

Obama has this same quality. Obama's getting better but you have to be aggressive if you want to win. Like he learned to be with Hillary.

So in other words, if Clinton wants to play nice he is not welcome in the Democratic Party... Point taken.:lol:

Don't put words in my mouth, you're not near ready, simpleton.

He cant its allready occupied.

I disagree that Clinton does not want Hillary to be President. I think he salivates at the prospect of being back in the limelight, basking in all the attention and daily press, in his second double term as co-President.

Clinton's behavior has been curious, undercutting Obama's attacks on Bain Capital when he (Clinton) mentioned Romney's stellar business record and that Bain did not deserve the criticism. And this past week Clinton undercut Obama again when he said ALL the Bush tax cuts should be extended, at least temporarily and thus weakening Obama's ability to use that as a club to raise taxes on the rich.

I think Clinton despises Barack Obama and has never forgiven Obama accusing him of being a racist during the 2008 primary brawl. That one thing--being the first figurative 'black' President--is what Clinton is most proud of.

And Clinton is the first Democrat since FDR to be re-elected and serve two terms as President. I think he doesn't want that to be diminished by an Obama re-election.

Even more mystifying are Nancy Pelosi's remarks this week. For eight years she trashed and condemned George Bush as incompetent, inflexible, worthless, unrelenting, uncompromising, and refusing to work with the Democrats. Yesterday she was describing George W. Bush as a truly lovely man and how he worked with the Democrats to get so many good things done. ????????

Something has changed in the wind. It's going to be fascinating to watch.

Last edited:
Bill Clinton says Romney win would be 'calamitous.' Why the harsh turn? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

I'm betting he tolerates Obama, and wants to be the First Husband in 2016. If Romney wins 2012, then the WH won't be available again until 2020 *my guess*.

Wrong on just about every count, I think.

First of all, Bill Clinton doesn't want Hillary Clinton to be President.

Second, even if Romney wins in 2012 that doesn't mean he will win in 2016. Maybe he will have a disastrous presidency?

When did he tell you this?

It's pretty obvious.
Besides, their marriage is only for convenience. It's not like they love each other or anything.

I disagree that Clinton does not want Hillary to be President. I think he salivates at the prospect of being back in the limelight, basking in all the attention and daily press, in his second double term as co-President.

Clinton's behavior has been curious, undercutting Obama's attacks on Bain Capital when he (Clinton) mentioned Romney's stellar business record and that Bain did not deserve the criticism. And this past week Clinton undercut Obama again when he said ALL the Bush tax cuts should be extended, at least temporarily and thus weakening Obama's ability to use that as a club to raise taxes on the rich.

I think Clinton despises Barack Obama and has never forgiven Obama accusing him of being a racist during the 2008 primary brawl. That one thing--being the first figurative 'black' President--is what Clinton is most proud of.

And Clinton is the first Democrat since FDR to be re-elected and serve two terms as President. I think he doesn't want that to be diminished by an Obama re-election.

Even more mystifying are Nancy Pelosi's remarks this week. For eight years she trashed and condemned George Bush as incompetent, inflexible, worthless, unrelenting, uncompromising, and refusing to work with the Democrats. Yesterday she was describing George W. Bush as a truly lovely man and how he worked with the Democrats to get so many good things done. ????????

If Hillary ever became President (highly unlikely) she wouldn't let Bill anywhere near the White House.

Nancy's nut may have unwinged. :lol:

Very astute political insight Fox..........you hit the nail on the head I think. The Dums are starting to look to the long run. They see the Obama campaign themes getting rejected and an overall change in the mood of the country. Strategic thinking people like Pelosi might well be looking far past 2013 and dont want to be associated with a losing play.

There is zero doubt that Clinton is looking to 2016........and he may see an economic decline in the cards that no president is going to be able to climb out of anytime soon, thus, the smarter play is to hope Romney gets in than to be associated with epic levels of fail from a two term president who's idea's presided over the longest period of economic fuck ups America has ever known.

Wrong on just about every count, I think.

First of all, Bill Clinton doesn't want Hillary Clinton to be President.

Second, even if Romney wins in 2012 that doesn't mean he will win in 2016. Maybe he will have a disastrous presidency?

It's pretty obvious.
Besides, their marriage is only for convenience. It's not like they love each other or anything.

Of course they love each other. I don't think they have been IN love for a very long time. I don't doubt that either would be devastated at the passing of the other. There is genuine affection - and a lot of water under the bridge.

Unless either of them choose to share with the populace at large, nobody knows what's really going on between them, and that's true of any marriage.

Very astute political insight Fox..........you hit the nail on the head I think. The Dums are starting to look to the long run. They see the Obama campaign themes getting rejected and an overall change in the mood of the country. Strategic thinking people like Pelosi might well be looking far past 2013 and dont want to be associated with a losing play.

There is zero doubt that Clinton is looking to 2016........and he may see an economic decline in the cards that no president is going to be able to climb out of anytime soon, thus, the smarter play is to hope Romney gets in than to be associated with epic levels of fail from a two term president who's idea's presided over the longest period of economic fuck ups America has ever known.

And she even did it without slinging any insults. Fascinating.

It's all for convenience between Bubba and Hildebeast IMO, and has been for a long time.

For her he's only still around because - in spite of her denials - she still might decide to run one more time and would need Slick's fundraising ability. But once she decides the politicing is over she can kick his worthless ass to curb with the rest of the trash.

It's pretty obvious.

Of course they love each other. I don't think they have been IN love for a very long time. I don't doubt that either would be devastated at the passing of the other. There is genuine affection - and a lot of water under the bridge.

Unless either of them choose to share with the populace at large, nobody knows what's really going on between them, and that's true of any marriage.

You believe that if you want to. She clearly despises him and as for him, well it's not like he looks at women as anything else than sex objects.

Bill Clinton says Romney win would be 'calamitous.' Why the harsh turn? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Bill Clinton slammed Mitt Romney hard at a Manhattan fundraiser on Monday night, saying that a Romney presidency “would be calamitous for our country and the world.”

Mr. Romney’s economic policies would mimic some of the austerity programs now in place in Europe, added the most recent former Democratic president. At the moment, that belt-tightening does not seem to be working.

“Who would have ever thought that the Republicans who made a living for decades deriding Old Europe would embrace their economic policies?” said Mr. Clinton.

Well, that’s a pretty quick about-face, isn’t it? Only last week Clinton referred to Romney’s “sterling” business record. The remark was made in the context of an interview in which Clinton criticized Romney’s economic record, but it undercut the Obama team’s attack on Romney’s leadership of private equity firm Bain Capital, and led to days of fact-free pundit analysis of the possibly tense relationship between the past and current Democratic Party leaders.

I'm betting he tolerates Obama, and wants to be the First Husband in 2016. If Romney wins 2012, then the WH won't be available again until 2020 *my guess*.

How did he do a 180? Romney is a good business man but was a bad governor and would make a horrible president.

Forum List

Back