Climate change rhetoric?

I love any thread that Big Fitz posts in. Always brings a smile to my face. He's easily one of the easiest people to make look like a complete hypocrite/idiot. I actually feel bad for him. I blame his childhood education..or lack thereof.

I love any thread that Big Fitz posts in. Always brings a smile to my face. He's easily one of the easiest people to make look like a complete hypocrite/idiot. I actually feel bad for him. I blame his childhood education..or lack thereof.

Feeling sorry for him...no; I pity both BF and Daveman. In my long law enforcement career I spent many hours inteviewing and interrogating what we then called sociopaths, now defined in the newest version of the DSM as character disorders. Criminals caught in the act who continued to deny complicity. We had many laughs watching videos of these miscreants continue to deny the charged offense even when faced with incontestable evidence. Many times their public defender joined in the hilarity.

Feeling sorry for him...no; I pity both BF and Daveman. In my long law enforcement career I spent many hours inteviewing and interrogating what we then called sociopaths, now defined in the newest version of the DSM as character disorders. Criminals caught in the act who continued to deny complicity. We had many laughs watching videos of these miscreants continue to deny the charged offense even when faced with incontestable evidence. Many times their public defender joined in the hilarity.
Did you look up "grandiose delusion" in the DSM? If you haven't, you better not.

Did you look up "grandiose delusion" in the DSM? If you haven't, you better not.

I know why you lie Daveman, that's become obvious. What I don't understand is why you pretend to know things which don't exist? Do you hope to become pretentious like Odd-dude and use words you don't understand so others might believe you're intelligent. Well Daveman, sorry, I doubt many do. But, on point, there is no such listing in DSM-IV (R) under a heading of "grandiose delusion". Once again you have exposed youself for the fool I know you to be.

I know why you lie Daveman, that's become obvious.
Yes, it's quite obvious why you think -- sorry, wrong word -- why you feel I lie. It's because I don't agree with you. It's because I don't instantly and unthinkingly accept everything you say simply because you say it.

I don't know where you've been hanging out on the internet, but they've done you no favors by kissing your ass. You're not at all prepared for disagreement, and you get petulant. :lol:
What I don't understand is why you pretend to know things which don't exist? Do you hope to become pretentious like Odd-dude and use words you don't understand so others might believe you're intelligent.
Something something pot something kettle...
Well Daveman, sorry, I doubt many do. But, on point, there is no such listing in DSM-IV (R) under a heading of "grandiose delusion". Once again you have exposed youself for the fool I know you to be.
You're right about the entry. It falls under Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
[from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition, 1994, commonly referred to as DSM-IV, of the American Psychiatric Association. European countries use the diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization.]
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy.

--

1. An exaggerated sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Translation: Grandiosity is the hallmark of narcissism.​
Sounds familiar, doesn't it? :lol:

Oh look, a pernicious poverty pimp and green fairy have ganged up on me! Oh noes! Hao eber will ai surbibe teh abyoose??

675c78d4-2fc8-4f3f-8a75-fd7e97f274f6.jpg

Wait...You're claiming to be SF area law enforcement? LOL... that explains a WHOOOOOOOLE lot on why you're so fucked in the noggin. Nothing like a member of a progressive do-gooder gestapo to spread disinformation and bullshit to the world. How's it feel to be a part of a community that's the laughing stock of 80% of the nation?

Yes, it's quite obvious why you think -- sorry, wrong word -- why you feel I lie. It's because I don't agree with you. It's because I don't instantly and unthinkingly accept everything you say simply because you say it.

I don't know where you've been hanging out on the internet, but they've done you no favors by kissing your ass. You're not at all prepared for disagreement, and you get petulant. :lol:
What I don't understand is why you pretend to know things which don't exist? Do you hope to become pretentious like Odd-dude and use words you don't understand so others might believe you're intelligent.
Well Daveman, sorry, I doubt many do. But, on point, there is no such listing in DSM-IV (R) under a heading of "grandiose delusion". Once again you have exposed youself for the fool I know you to be.
[from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition, 1994, commonly referred to as DSM-IV, of the American Psychiatric Association. European countries use the diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization.]
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy.

--

1. An exaggerated sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Actually, he, like RDD have an exaggerated sense of their own entertainment value.

The fact they think they have any importance is a sign of acute delusional behavior.

--

Actually, he, like RDD have an exaggerated sense of their own entertainment value.

The fact they think they have any importance is a sign of acute delusional behavior.
You hush! Because they're good enough, they're smart enough, and, doggonit, people like them!

And if you don't agree, you're a doodyhead.

:lol::lol:

--

You hush! Because they're good enough, they're smart enough, and, doggonit, people like them!

And if you don't agree, you're a doodyhead.

:lol::lol:
well, there's that.

We all know that the climate is changing.
It's the argument of, is it man's doing or if it's natural, Old Rocks

OK, Peaches, let's have that discussion. Here is what physicists state concerning that;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Now there is only one way that the earth gets heat on the surface, and that is the sun. Since the Earth reflects or reradiates about 30% of the energy it recieves from the sun, anything that would retain more of that heat would warm the surface, land and sea. The reason that we do not have oceans frozen nearly to the equator, is that the GHGs in the atmosphere only, at present, allow 30% of the heat recieved to escape. But when we add more GHGs, we trap more heat. We have added 40% more CO2 to the atmosphere, and 150% more CH4, as well as introducing many industrial gases that are as much as 10,000 to 20,000 times as effective of a greenhouse gas as CO2.

We have been monitoring the total solar irradiance from satellites for nearly 40 years. In that time, we have seen a slight decrease in the energy from the sun. Yet the temperature continues to go up.

UAH Temperature Update for April, 2011: +0.12 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Yes, let us have that discussion.

Can you tell me why you never answered my question about the fact that every model used to predict climate change assumes that an increase in CO2 assumes a corresponding increase in water vapor, even though none of the evidence supports that assumption? Do you think that the models being based on a false premise that includes a greenhouse gas that causes a larger effect than is shown to exist might just result in results that are off by a significant factor? Can you tell me why you never answered this question in the thread I started on the subject?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/167100-climate-models-go-cold.html

--

Sarah Palin or Rush Limbaugh would be my first guesses. Odd-dude might be in the running on this forum along with PC and CG. Not you for sure Daveman, 20 years in the AF and out as and E-4 is pretty damn pitiful.

lol, tit 4 tat Daveman, though I suspect even one as dumb as you would make at least E-5 after 20. Of course I don't know, but it is so easy to lie (but you know that very well).

LOL. Windbag, how about something from science rather than a windbag opinion peice, with zero science to back up his screwball opinion.

I posted a site from the American Institute of Physics, and from Dr. Spencer's University of Alabama lab where they get the reading for the troposphere from satellites for the whole world.

We all know that the climate is changing.
It's the argument of, is it man's doing or if it's natural, Old Rocks

OK, Peaches, let's have that discussion. Here is what physicists state concerning that;

Now there is only one way that the earth gets heat on the surface, and that is the sun. Since the Earth reflects or reradiates about 30% of the energy it recieves from the sun, anything that would retain more of that heat would warm the surface, land and sea. The reason that we do not have oceans frozen nearly to the equator, is that the GHGs in the atmosphere only, at present, allow 30% of the heat recieved to escape. But when we add more GHGs, we trap more heat. We have added 40% more CO2 to the atmosphere, and 150% more CH4, as well as introducing many industrial gases that are as much as 10,000 to 20,000 times as effective of a greenhouse gas as CO2.

We have been monitoring the total solar irradiance from satellites for nearly 40 years. In that time, we have seen a slight decrease in the energy from the sun. Yet the temperature continues to go up.

Can you tell me why you never answered my question about the fact that every model used to predict climate change assumes that an increase in CO2 assumes a corresponding increase in water vapor, even though none of the evidence supports that assumption? Do you think that the models being based on a false premise that includes a greenhouse gas that causes a larger effect than is shown to exist might just result in results that are off by a significant factor? Can you tell me why you never answered this question in the thread I started on the subject?

Hmmmm...... Almost every river system in the US is now at or above flood stage. From the Columbia on the West Coast to the Missouri and Mississippi in the West, Mid-West, and South. And the places that aren't flooding seem to be burning up, such as Northern Alberta and Texas. The paragraphs below didn't even mention the floods in Australia.

The insurance companies definately are believers that we are in an ongoing climate change right now.

Climate change | Swiss Re - Leading Global Reinsurer

The NIASoM Times..: Swiss Re’s new sigma study reveals that natural catastrophes and man-made disasters caused economic losses of USD 218 billion and cost insurers USD 43 billion

In 2010, severe catastrophes claimed significantly more lives than the previous year: around 304 000 were killed, compared to 15 000 in 2009. The deadliest event in 2010 was the Haiti earthquake in January, which claimed more than 222 000 lives. Nearly 56 000 people died during the summer heatwave in Russia. The summer floods in China and Pakistan also resulted in over 6 200 deaths.

Natural catastrophes cost the global insurance industry roughly USD 40 billion in 2010, while man-made disasters triggered additional claims of more than USD 3 billion. By way of comparison, overall insured losses totalled USD 27 billion in 2009.

LOL. Windbag, how about something from science rather than a windbag opinion peice, with zero science to back up his screwball opinion.

I posted a site from the American Institute of Physics, and from Dr. Spencer's University of Alabama lab where they get the reading for the troposphere from satellites for the whole world.

Zero science?

David Evans consulted full-time for the Australian Greenhouse Office (now the Department of Climate Change) from 1999 to 2005, and part-time 2008 to 2010, modelling Australia’s carbon in plants, debris, mulch, soils, and forestry and agricultural products. He is a mathematician and engineer, with six university degrees, including a PhD from Stanford University in electrical engineering. The comments above were made to the Anti-Carbon-Tax Rally in Perth, Australia, on March 23.

How many university degrees do you have? How much government work have you done for any country's Department of Climate Change?

Can you tell me why you will not address the erroneous modeling that assumes higher levels of H2O than actually have been measured because they are based on theories that both water vapor and CO2 would rise at the same rates?

Can you tell me why you categorically reject direct evidence presented by a qualified scientist simply because you prefer to cling to your belief system?

Hmmmm...... Almost every river system in the US is now at or above flood stage. From the Columbia on the West Coast to the Missouri and Mississippi in the West, Mid-West, and South. And the places that aren't flooding seem to be burning up, such as Northern Alberta and Texas. The paragraphs below didn't even mention the floods in Australia.

The insurance companies definately are believers that we are in an ongoing climate change right now.

Climate change | Swiss Re - Leading Global Reinsurer

The NIASoM Times..: Swiss Re’s new sigma study reveals that natural catastrophes and man-made disasters caused economic losses of USD 218 billion and cost insurers USD 43 billion

In 2010, severe catastrophes claimed significantly more lives than the previous year: around 304 000 were killed, compared to 15 000 in 2009. The deadliest event in 2010 was the Haiti earthquake in January, which claimed more than 222 000 lives. Nearly 56 000 people died during the summer heatwave in Russia. The summer floods in China and Pakistan also resulted in over 6 200 deaths.

Natural catastrophes cost the global insurance industry roughly USD 40 billion in 2010, while man-made disasters triggered additional claims of more than USD 3 billion. By way of comparison, overall insured losses totalled USD 27 billion in 2009.

What does the fact that we had a winter with heavy snowfall have to do with my question about the climate models not being accurate? Or the fact that the entire climate change industry is nothing more than an effort for people to get rich off the gullibility of people like you?

Windbag asserts, " the fact that the entire climate change industry is nothing more than an effort for people to get rich off the gullibility of people like you?"

Urge the Leaders of the House Science and Technology Committee to Stop Attacking Science | Union of Concerned Scientists

Global Warming Science | Union of Concerned Scientists

Read a little bit Windbag, it may benefit future generations.

Someone else who did not answer my question in the other thread.

If the "science" of global warming is based on science why is every model used to predict global warming based on a false premise?

Forum List

Back