Classic cars everybody use to own one what was your favorite ?

It was my first car. A 1966 Chrysler Newport Custom. My 6' frame could almost stretch out in the front seat. It had a four barrel carb, don't remember the engine size but it got maybe 10 miles per. Not a speed demon but if you brought the land yacht up to speed she would keep climbing, floating along until you ran out of balls or gas.

images

Reminds me of the 2nd car I owned. My Dad picked it out for me...1970 Olds Delta 88. Had a 4 Bar 455 engine. It would go from 0 to 60 in eight minutes. :D...but the top speed was mind numbing. I never got the balls to top it out. It was the first car I broke 100mph in and I lost my balls to keep going.
But like your land yacht - it had a back seat that was practically a king size bed...which got plenty of use. :dev3:

004.jpg
They don't make em like that anymore. I lived in mine for a week or so waiting for the government to get around to the paperwork for a room in the quarters. Plenty of room! I don't know the top speed either, I threw caution to the wind one night and floored the ole girl on the Parkway. The needle bounced off the end of the indicated 120mph.

41' Chevy my first car

1941Chevrolet_01_700.jpg

Wow...my Dad had an old 55 Chevy Truck. You had to DRIVE these old cars. These babies were before modern suspensions, improved brakes and improved steering. Some of these took herculean effort to make a 90 degree turn from a dead stop....and look out for the finger bruising "whiplash" speed when the steering wheel returned to home base!!

It was my first car. A 1966 Chrysler Newport Custom. My 6' frame could almost stretch out in the front seat. It had a four barrel carb, don't remember the engine size but it got maybe 10 miles per. Not a speed demon but if you brought the land yacht up to speed she would keep climbing, floating along until you ran out of balls or gas.

images
It reminds me of my 1966 Chrysler 300 that I have, except it's a 4-door. The Newport and the 300 were practically the same car.

Very roomy.

I'd take it to drive in theaters and have six or seven of my passengers get in the trunk.

I still have it and have been thinking about getting it professionally restored.

My first car was a metalic green 68 Chevy Belair. Big ole boat. 327 and pretty fast considering its size.
My favorite was my 77 Monte Carlo metalic maroon with t tops and a leather interior.

My first car was a metalic green 68 Chevy Belair. Big ole boat. 327 and pretty fast considering its size.
My favorite was my 77 Monte Carlo metalic maroon with t tops and a leather interior.

I remember the 68 Belairs... those tail lights in the bumper were The Thing!

Forum List

Back