Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting

There was a wonderful moment in Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting. She asked the crowd, "How many of you are on Medicare?" About half the crowd raised their hands. Then she asked, "How many of you want to give it up?"

Nobody raised their hand.

EXACTLY...and what is Obama's proposal...END MEDICARE!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

He will piss off the entire AARP membership with the stroke of one of his Mont Blanc pens and be 4 AND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a wonderful moment in Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting. She asked the crowd, "How many of you are on Medicare?" About half the crowd raised their hands. Then she asked, "How many of you want to give it up?"

i heard an even better one

there was a moment where she asked people if they "trust her"
there was a RESOUNDING NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Too bad she didn't ask if Medicare were a government run program. Most Republicans don't believe it is. Isn't that a hoot?

1993 - the US spent 94 BILLION on health care

2008 - the US spent 2.5 TRILLION on health care.

Republicans say, "See, it's ok. Leave my Health Care alone". They fiddle while the US burns.

What we should do is listen to Republican suggestions on how to reform health care. See what they have to say. Republican Senator Susan Collins wrote the "Living Will" portion of Obama's health care bill. Oh, that's right. Beck and Rush and Fox and all the other Republicans all pointed to that part of the bill and said, "See? Obama wants to kill old people". When Republicans do have a good idea, they "eat their own".

I heard that 42% of Republicans don't believe Obama is a citizen and nearly have those don't believe Hawaii is a state. I heard that 90% of the Republicans believe that the Christians in Iraq now have a better life. I guess that's because so many of them are dead. 6% of scientists admit to being Republican.

Democrats aren't saying bad things about Republicans. They don't need to. Republicans are doing a much better job of destroying their own party.

pity obama wants to reduce medicare funding by 50 billion over the next ten years.....

you do know medicare is single payer and obama has stated repeatedly that his program will not be single payer.....

rdean

I just read where you were located.
Still conducting voter registration in local graveyards?

Chrissie when was the last time the cost of a postage stamp went down?

What do you think Obama will do to lower costs, outlaw technology, reduce acceess or cut the lawyers out of the loop. That's the only three ways you've got to lower health care costs.

Garissie, when was the last time a private company would come to your house, pick up a letter, and deliver it to California for 44 cents????

Hey Chrissie, here's a quote from your mentor Joe Biden.

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems."

That's says a lot about a govt. run entity... does it not?

the post office is a private company it is not government run or funded....go look it up......

Too bad she didn't ask if Medicare were a government run program. Most Republicans don't believe it is. Isn't that a hoot?

1993 - the US spent 94 BILLION on health care

2008 - the US spent 2.5 TRILLION on health care.

Republicans say, "See, it's ok. Leave my Health Care alone". They fiddle while the US burns.

What we should do is listen to Republican suggestions on how to reform health care. See what they have to say. Republican Senator Susan Collins wrote the "Living Will" portion of Obama's health care bill. Oh, that's right. Beck and Rush and Fox and all the other Republicans all pointed to that part of the bill and said, "See? Obama wants to kill old people". When Republicans do have a good idea, they "eat their own".

I heard that 42% of Republicans don't believe Obama is a citizen and nearly have those don't believe Hawaii is a state. I heard that 90% of the Republicans believe that the Christians in Iraq now have a better life. I guess that's because so many of them are dead. 6% of scientists admit to being Republican.

Democrats aren't saying bad things about Republicans. They don't need to. Republicans are doing a much better job of destroying their own party.

There's a big difference in health care reform and govt. run health care. Most Americans are pleased with the health coverage they have now, what they are not pleased with is the cost. Explain to me how a govt. run program would drive cost down? Remember the CBO stated that cost would in fact increase not decrease.

Those stats you provided, could you provide a source for that information please?

The most important fundamental is that 68% of American voters have health-insurance coverage they rate good or excellent.........There’s also the reality that 74% of voters rate the quality of care they now receive as good or excellent. And 50% fear that if Congress passes health-care reform, it will lead to a decline in the quality of that care.

However, there are some numbers congressional Democrats can celebrate. Specifically, 63% of voters agreed with the president earlier this year when he said, “We must make it a priority to give every single American quality affordable health care.” Yet while they agree in theory, only 28% are currently willing to pay higher taxes to achieve that goal.

Polling last weekend showed that 48% of voters rate the U.S. health-care system as good or excellent. That’s up from 35% in May and up from 29% a year ago. Only 19% now rate the system as poor, down from 37% a year ago. It appears that the prospect of changing health care has made the existing system look better to a lot of people.

Scott Rasmussen: Health Reform and the Polls - WSJ.com

Garissie, when was the last time a private company would come to your house, pick up a letter, and deliver it to California for 44 cents????

Hey Chrissie, here's a quote from your mentor Joe Biden.

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems."

That's says a lot about a govt. run entity... does it not?

the post office is a private company it is not government run or funded....go look it up......

I did.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is a Government Corporation of the United States(see 39 U.S.C. § 201) responsible for providing postal service in the United States.

United States Postal Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The USPS is often mistaken for a government-owned corporation (e.g. Amtrak), but as noted above is legally defined as an "independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,"[cite this quote] as it is wholly owned by the government and controlled by the Presidential appointees and the Postmaster General. As a quasi-governmental agency, it has many special privileges, including sovereign immunity, eminent domain powers, powers to negotiate postal treaties with foreign nations, and an exclusive legal right to deliver first-class and third-class mail.

Forum List

Back