Civil Servants under attack by the Right Wing.

Holy shit...Those sick and vacation days are offered as a fringe benefit. They are not "earned" as part of the compensation package. In the private sector one cannot bank personal time off (PTO) days in perpetuity. Why should public sector workers get that perk?

Oh, to answer your question about the "company not giving a damn".....Umm the TAXPAYERS are the ones funding this. Ask them if THEY have the money for you to take two years off before your official retirement day.....
In the private sector, you use your vacation time or lose it. Then you get a new set of time the next year. Also. Iin the private sector sick days are NOT an entitlement. They are not to be used because you "just don't feel like coming to work" on a particular day. many companies have simply stopped offering "sick" days. They have all inclusive PTO days.
Te company where my wife works allows employees to carry over a max of 5 PTO days but one cannot have more than 10 extra PTO days saved. Sounds fair to me..
You people are by far the most self centered greedy individuals known to mankind. You care only for yourselves and don't mind screwing your next door neighbor( taxpayer) to get what you think you are entitled to.
The banking of time by public sector workers costs taxpayers billions of dollars and the sad part is most people do not know these shenanigans go on. If they did, they'd be furious.

Oh, to answer your question about the "company not giving a damn".....Umm the TAXPAYERS are the ones funding this. Ask them if THEY have the money for you to take two years off before your official retirement day.....

how does that answer my question about the Company not giving a dam?.....

and in 31 years in the Post Office i have never seen or heard of anyone taking 2 years off before retiring....if you did you would have to have a Doctors excuse to stay off that long......the most i saw was a guy who took 8 months.....but he had surgery and had it done to coincide with retiring.....

In the private sector, you use your vacation time or lose it. Then you get a new set of time the next year. Also. Iin the private sector sick days are NOT an entitlement. They are not to be used because you "just don't feel like coming to work" on a particular day. many companies have simply stopped offering "sick" days. They have all inclusive PTO days.

they are not an Entitlement in the PO either.....and this "just don't feel like coming to work" Syndrome happens everywhere.....

You people are by far the most self centered greedy individuals known to mankind.

dont make me laugh...some guy needs a job....so he applies for a Govt Job.....gets the Job and its Benefits...and that makes him GREEDY?.....:lol:...so your saying if YOU got one of these jobs you would turn down the benefits....so as not to be part of these greedy basterds ...right?...give me a fucking break...

Hardly the point. Since you opened the door. You hypersensitive useful maroons cannot get over the fact that their is a big difference between criticism and a personal attack.
This is about the protection of the taxpayers and the development of a more equitable system which places a balance between public and private sector wages and benefits.

do you realise what you just said?.....its not a personal attack?....but yet you said....You hypersensitive useful maroons ......and in post #231....you said.....

You people are by far the most self centered greedy individuals known to mankind. You care only for yourselves and don't mind screwing your next door neighbor( taxpayer) to get what you think you are entitled to.
....yea its not personal ......you know what Spoon?.....if you dont like the Benefits your Company offers....go get a Job with a Company that has better Benefits.....or better yet.....GET A GOVT JOB.....ya "Maroon"....:lol:

They know the benefits and wages are unsustainable. They see that when they get their tax bills. Their objection lies in the disappearance of what they see as an entitlement. They see a way of life going away. They use the "CEO" straw man argument mixing in private sector issues into public sector.

The public-union paid consultants have not been particularly creative when developing their obfuscation talking points. "Rich bankers" and "Wealthy CEOs" just aren't going to carry any weight with an audience over the age of 7 who has any grasp of basic economics.
Spot on there for sure.
The exposure of this is when public worker union bosses along with the rank file scream from the roof tops when property tax increase caps are proposed.
When the NJ state govt proposed theirs the teacher's union representatives protested saying, "we're just trying to make a living and feed our families"....Nonsense. They were trying to hang onto those cushy benefits.

They know the benefits and wages are unsustainable. They see that when they get their tax bills. Their objection lies in the disappearance of what they see as an entitlement. They see a way of life going away. They use the "CEO" straw man argument mixing in private sector issues into public sector.

The public-union paid consultants have not been particularly creative when developing their obfuscation talking points. "Rich bankers" and "Wealthy CEOs" just aren't going to carry any weight with an audience over the age of 7 who has any grasp of basic economics.
Spot on there for sure.
The exposure of this is when public worker union bosses along with the rank file scream from the roof tops when property tax increase caps are proposed.
When the NJ state govt proposed theirs the teacher's union representatives protested saying, "we're just trying to make a living and feed our families"....Nonsense. They were trying to hang onto those cushy benefits.

Bullshit..and on a cracker.

the fucking politicians who else....

To large extent I would agree with this..but it goes hand in hand with the desires of lobbyists who are on the payrolls of private interests. It extents to both parties although it is my opinion that Republicans bear most of the blame. And I find it interest that the right continues to attack people that run into burning buildings with over a hundred pounds of gear on their backs to save people or guys that will risk their lives coaxing some crazed nutbar from a bridge or guys that work against time to pry accident victims out of twisted metal or people with masters that teach kids how to read and write but will defend ad nauseum people that come with complex algorithms that fleece financial systems and bring the economy to a crashing halt while pocketing billions.

In NYC, Mayor Bloomberg, whom I have a great deal of respect for, brought Sanitation worker numbers to a level not seen in 3 decades. Then we were hit with some pretty major snow storms. Under manned the Sanitation workers had to deal with some very rough conditions. Some places didn't get plowed for several days. And the people that complained the loudest here were conservatives.

:lol:

One last time....And let this sink in...No one is attacking the workers. The taxpayers in the private sector are objecting to their having to fund public worker wages and benefits.
The unions have convinced their rank and file to run with propaganda that turns this into a personal battle. It isn't.
Umm, ALL of the NYC news outlets ran stories with video of NYC Sanitation snow plow drivers SLEEPING in their trucks. In fact an illegal rule book slowdown by the union was uncovered. So don't hand us the "poor overworked and abused public worker" crap. it won't wash here.
Besides, any city or town could easily hire private contractors to do the job at a set rate.
The reason why this does not happen in because of the all powerful unions.
Oh, the second storm in NYC....streets plowed on time. Not a peep from anyone. Why? The Sanitation workers were actually WORKING instead of lolligagging.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

That they captured some "sleeping" truckers was an abomination. These guys haven't been in trucks for years..and they were at the end of 14 to 18 hour shifts.

I drove a truck for 11 years...I know what hard work it is.

It's ridiculous to make fun of hard working people by capturing a cat nap.

Divide and conquer. Working men and women pitted against other working men and women keeps those power elites in power and secure in their gated communities. All they need to do is foster the hate and fear of one group they hold in disdain, against another group they hold in disdain.

To use anothers pharse, "it's really that simple".

your the one who said its not a personal attack on the workers.....and yet in many of the posts it is.....useless banter?....i dont think so.....

Hardly the point. Since you opened the door. You hypersensitive useful maroons cannot get over the fact that their is a big difference between criticism and a personal attack.
This is about the protection of the taxpayers and the development of a more equitable system which places a balance between public and private sector wages and benefits.

It would not be a "balance," it would rather be a leveling of wages and benefits, and the only direction privately owned industry will level wages and benefits is down. Meanwhile, prices continue to rise, customer service continues to suck because of layoffs, and well, you will get what you advocate for, but it is in nobody's best interest what you are suggesting.

SO the alternative is to keep the status quo. Continue to increase taxes to fund the unsustainable.Never mind that in some states residents are literally being taxed out of their homes. And to what end? To continue to see public workers get annual wage increases and additional benefit funding while taxpayers see their wages fall farther behind those in the private sector? This appears fair to you?
At the end off the day public workers are getting benefits and high pay they never should have gotten in the first place. Pay and benefits should have been tagged to prevailing market rates all along.
The argument that private sector wages are being forced downward and so union wages should continue to rise is just another straw man argument to continue allowing public sector wages and benefits to increase.
You're forgetting the simple point that there is a finite amount of wealth to sustain these wages and benefits. The limit has been reached and in the opinion of some pretty heady fiscal experts, has been exceeded.
Public workers will ...no MUST make these sacrifices for the good of all. without these cuts, many thousands of public workers will be laid off.
Now for a moment, enlarge your paradigm.
Is it better for public workers to have jobs with salary and benefit decreases or no job at all?

To large extent I would agree with this..but it goes hand in hand with the desires of lobbyists who are on the payrolls of private interests. It extents to both parties although it is my opinion that Republicans bear most of the blame. And I find it interest that the right continues to attack people that run into burning buildings with over a hundred pounds of gear on their backs to save people or guys that will risk their lives coaxing some crazed nutbar from a bridge or guys that work against time to pry accident victims out of twisted metal or people with masters that teach kids how to read and write but will defend ad nauseum people that come with complex algorithms that fleece financial systems and bring the economy to a crashing halt while pocketing billions.

In NYC, Mayor Bloomberg, whom I have a great deal of respect for, brought Sanitation worker numbers to a level not seen in 3 decades. Then we were hit with some pretty major snow storms. Under manned the Sanitation workers had to deal with some very rough conditions. Some places didn't get plowed for several days. And the people that complained the loudest here were conservatives.

:lol:

One last time....And let this sink in...No one is attacking the workers. The taxpayers in the private sector are objecting to their having to fund public worker wages and benefits.
The unions have convinced their rank and file to run with propaganda that turns this into a personal battle. It isn't.
Umm, ALL of the NYC news outlets ran stories with video of NYC Sanitation snow plow drivers SLEEPING in their trucks. In fact an illegal rule book slowdown by the union was uncovered. So don't hand us the "poor overworked and abused public worker" crap. it won't wash here.
Besides, any city or town could easily hire private contractors to do the job at a set rate.
The reason why this does not happen in because of the all powerful unions.
Oh, the second storm in NYC....streets plowed on time. Not a peep from anyone. Why? The Sanitation workers were actually WORKING instead of lolligagging.

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

That they captured some "sleeping" truckers was an abomination. These guys haven't been in trucks for years..and they were at the end of 14 to 18 hour shifts.

I drove a truck for 11 years...I know what hard work it is.

It's ridiculous to make fun of hard working people by capturing a cat nap.

Cut the bullshit...Shortly after the storm and ensuing controversy over the slowness of the snow removal process, it was discovered the union representing the sanitation workers ordered a rule book slowdown. The drivers who'd been idling their trucks claimed they were awaiting orders. Really? They'd never plowed NYC snow? Please.
BTW, these so called hard working truck drivers were getting double time and a half to sit on their asses while New Yorkers in residential neighborhoods were stranded for days.
Oh, the cat napper was suspended without pay.
Go to nypost.com and find it.......Who's the dickhead now.....

Spot on there for sure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/nyregion/13taxes.html
Three times in this story public worker union objection to property tax caps were mentioned.
You may eat your cracker( with shit on top) now.....
Don't ever challenge me on the facts. I'll kick your ass from Mexico to Canada every time.
You fucking elitist libs are a miracle.
Now, come on think of something clever to post. You know you cannot resist coming back with some inane one liner to make yourself feel better. You MUST have the last word. You're a lib. It's in your playbook. Have at it.

Firefighters? Cops? Emergency Workers? Teachers? Librarians?

Ugh..

It would take one of them..nearly 100 years to get make annual bonuses of a good number of CEOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCHV3DSQZE

Bureaucrats are under attack, not fire fighters and police. You idiot.

Your heros the Democrats simply like to lay off fire fighters and Police in order to not have to lay off paper pushing bureaucrats.

Spot on there for sure.

Three times in this story public worker union objection to property tax caps were mentioned.
Don't ever challenge me on the facts. I'll kick your ass from Mexico to Canada every time.
Now, come on think of something clever to post. You know you cannot resist coming back with some inane one liner to make yourself feel better. You MUST have the last word. You're a lib. It's in your playbook. Have at it.

And?

You know any teachers? You know how tough the job is?

These are well educated people making pathetic salaries. And now even that is threatened. Conservatives want to gut everything positive the government provides while maintaining all the negatives..like spying on citizens, torture, executions, prisons, war and a bunch of other crap.

You do a job..you should get paid. It's as simple as that.

And?

You know any teachers? You know how tough the job is?

These are well educated people making pathetic salaries. And now even that is threatened. Conservatives want to gut everything positive the government provides while maintaining all the negatives..like spying on citizens, torture, executions, prisons, war and a bunch of other crap.

You do a job..you should get paid. It's as simple as that.

What would you consider a decent salary for teachers?

Forum List

Back