Civil Servants under attack by the Right Wing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/13/nyregion/13taxes.html
Three times in this story public worker union objection to property tax caps were mentioned.
You may eat your cracker( with shit on top) now.....
Don't ever challenge me on the facts. I'll kick your ass from Mexico to Canada every time.
You fucking elitist libs are a miracle.
Now, come on think of something clever to post. You know you cannot resist coming back with some inane one liner to make yourself feel better. You MUST have the last word. You're a lib. It's in your playbook. Have at it.

And?

You know any teachers? You know how tough the job is?

These are well educated people making pathetic salaries. And now even that is threatened. Conservatives want to gut everything positive the government provides while maintaining all the negatives..like spying on citizens, torture, executions, prisons, war and a bunch of other crap.

You do a job..you should get paid. It's as simple as that.

What would you consider a decent salary for teachers?

bump

And?

These are well educated people making pathetic salaries. And now even that is threatened. Conservatives want to gut everything positive the government provides while maintaining all the negatives..like spying on citizens, torture, executions, prisons, war and a bunch of other crap.

bump

A decent salary for teachers, at least what a bank executive earns in the same community.

bump

A decent salary for teachers, at least what a bank executive earns in the same community.

Put a dollar amount on that please. BTW, how many teachers are there in a community and how many bank executives? Are you speaking of bank executives on the level or JP Morgan or the bank executive at Main Street Bank? I'm guessing those have a bit of gap in parameters.

No one is asking where the $ billions of dollars lost from pension funds went, or who was responsible for the losses. Why is Bernie Madoff the only crook to be arrested, convicted and sent to prison? Likely because he ripped off the rich. Why hasn't AG Holder began an investigation into the misfeasance on Wall Street?

Put a dollar amount on that please. BTW, how many teachers are there in a community and how many bank executives? Are you speaking of bank executives on the level or JP Morgan or the bank executive at Main Street Bank? I'm guessing those have a bit of gap in parameters.

A bank manager in a local bank or branch bank of a national bank.

See: Bank Manager Salary - Average Bank Manager Salaries - PayScale

A bank manager in a local bank or branch bank of a national bank.

See: Bank Manager Salary - Average Bank Manager Salaries - PayScale

Fair enough:

bank executives from your site:

2r7stia.png

Teachers:

2janggm.png

Using the same site, the differences aren't great.

However, average doesn't take in politics, unions, and population. Check out some of these by state:

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

I'm in IL and the schools that I pay taxes for and that I sub in have an average salary above $60k for secondary teachers.

No one is asking where the $ billions of dollars lost from pension funds went, or who was responsible for the losses. Why is Bernie Madoff the only crook to be arrested, convicted and sent to prison? Likely because he ripped off the rich. Why hasn't AG Holder began an investigation into the misfeasance on Wall Street?

Wall street is and has always been a place where people gamble their money.
Those that took the ARM mortgages?
Gambled.
Thoise that lost money while hoping their money was making money for them?
Gambled.
Sure....people made money while they lost...of course....I mean...the money is going somewhere.....
Unethical? Maybe. Sure..some of those wall street guys were unethical.
Illegal?
The only ones who acted illegally are those that lied on their mortgage applications about their income and job history and then signed the bottom line attesting to the validity of the information.

So are you saying Holder should go after the guy that lied and attested to the lie and now lost his house?

Im with you.....afterall....I invested in his mortgage and lost money....I would not have if I knew he was lying on the application.

Last edited:
Bullshit..and on a cracker.
Three times in this story public worker union objection to property tax caps were mentioned.
Don't ever challenge me on the facts. I'll kick your ass from Mexico to Canada every time.
Now, come on think of something clever to post. You know you cannot resist coming back with some inane one liner to make yourself feel better. You MUST have the last word. You're a lib. It's in your playbook. Have at it.

And?

When faced with facts that defeat one's argument,one can always deflect the debate away from the issue at hand. Not on my watch.
I posted a link to NJ public employee salaries. You chose to ignore the link because reading the info contained within, you'd realize you have nothing to stand on....
Look genius, everybody thinks they are underpaid. That is immaterial.
The bottom line is the taxpayers of NJ and other states where government workers are unionized with civil service protections are simply coasting too much.
Once again, there is no more money to fund this. The taxpayers are tapped out.
No is stating teachers do not do an admirable job. The issue is the out of control benefits and pensions. The amounts of the payouts are unreasonable when compared to the private sector. Also, public workers are paid well over 1/3rd more than their private sector counterparts. It is what it is. ENOUGH....
There should be a balance. Private sector and public sector workers should receive similar wages and benefits.

And?

When faced with facts that defeat one's argument,one can always deflect the debate away from the issue at hand. Not on my watch.
I posted a link to NJ public employee salaries. You chose to ignore the link because reading the info contained within, you'd realize you have nothing to stand on....
The bottom line is the taxpayers of NJ and other states where government workers are unionized with civil service protections are simply coasting too much.
No is stating teachers do not do an admirable job. The issue is the out of control benefits and pensions. The amounts of the payouts are unreasonable when compared to the private sector. Also, public workers are paid well over 1/3rd more than their private sector counterparts. It is what it is. ENOUGH....
There should be a balance. Private sector and public sector workers should receive similar wages and benefits.

Not to mention of course....no one forced those teachers to take the job to begin with.

I love these people....they say "I wanted to be a teacher my entire life"...and when they become a teacher all they do is whine about the salary.

Were they too busy to look into what the salary structure is befoire opting for it as a career?

And besides...here on Long Island?

By year 15 you are at 90K for a 180 day work year.....each day...7 hours plus 45 minute lunch and at least one full class period off to do administrative work (grading tests, etc.)

And the right to private tutor after 4 PM.

good question....most likely the answer is wasteful spending by state politicians.
"malfeasance"........Please....
in just about every state that is experiencing large pension fund deficits, the common theme is the government took money from those funds with the expectation that new employees would continue to fund their portion and taxes would continue their unfettered rise.
NJ resident's taxes were not anything close to what they are 20 years ago.
Each Fiscal year as the pension fund deficit grew, public worker union lobbyists leaned on state politicos to keep raising property and other taxes. There were fiscal years where property taxes were increased as much as 20%......That's insane.
Fast forward to today....Well, 5 or so years ago. Seeing political pressures coming to a head, the NJ senate and assembly both democrat controlled, passed a law capping property tax increases at 4% per year.
That number to credit current governor Christie has been lowered to 2% annually...
Now each time these caps were proposed the first protest came form.....the unions representing government workers across the state....

And?

Not to mention of course....no one forced those teachers to take the job to begin with.

I love these people....they say "I wanted to be a teacher my entire life"...and when they become a teacher all they do is whine about the salary.

Were they too busy to look into what the salary structure is befoire opting for it as a career?

And besides...here on Long Island?

By year 15 you are at 90K for a 180 day work year.....each day...7 hours plus 45 minute lunch and at least one full class period off to do administrative work (grading tests, etc.)

And the right to private tutor after 4 PM.

in my High School district, there are about 500 teachers and administrators. Fully HALF of them earn over $100,000 per year. 60% over $80,000. My Sociology teacher is a 33 year veteran of the system, she makes $167,000...Not only that, each of them gets their medical insurance paid for by the taxpayers. Plus the teachers contribute a very small percentage to their pension fund. 95% paid by the taxpayers.....
Athletic coaches and department heads receive additional stipends.

Just some liberal loons scared to death they might lose their gold-laden diamond encrusted benefit and retirement package.
Geez...maybe fed workers should not have 12 holiday paid days off a year, plus 5 weeks off - and only have to work 30 years.

I have to say something here...I don't know about fed employees, but I'm a state employee and believe me, I don't make much, lol.

I do get the holidays, and I'm so grateful I do.

However, I gross around $2500 + insurance (which I think comes to about $800 a month). That's not big bucks.

Just in case you were thinking we're living high on the hog. We're not.

in my High School district, there are about 500 teachers and administrators. Fully HALF of them earn over $100,000 per year. 60% over $80,000. My Sociology teacher is a 33 year veteran of the system, she makes $167,000...Not only that, each of them gets their medical insurance paid for by the taxpayers. Plus the teachers contribute a very small percentage to their pension fund. 95% paid by the taxpayers.....

Care to post the name of the school division in your location (which you say is "mid south") so we can look at the public records for the school system?

>>>>

Just some liberal loons scared to death they might lose their gold-laden diamond encrusted benefit and retirement package.
Geez...maybe fed workers should not have 12 holiday paid days off a year, plus 5 weeks off - and only have to work 30 years.

I have to say something here...I don't know about fed employees, but I'm a state employee and believe me, I don't make much, lol.

I do get the holidays, and I'm so grateful I do.

However, I gross around $2500 + insurance (which I think comes to about $800 a month). That's not big bucks.

Just in case you were thinking we're living high on the hog. We're not.

yes, but based on your salary, I doubt you live in one of the big union states where public sector workers are protected by unions and civil service status.
No doubt there are some states which pay state employees very poorly. South Carolina is one of those.
However, their benefit packages still outclass those in the private sector.

Care to post the name of the school division in your location (which you say is "mid south") so we can look at the public records for the school system?

>>>>
I must have posted at least 17,000 times that I am originally from New jersey. Jesus Christ. Get with it!......New Jersey by the Numbers - NJ.com

>>>>
oh....Northern Valley Regional is the district.

>>>>

If they can't, I sure can.

{More proof that pension costs are spiraling out of control: The number of retirees earning $100,000 or more from the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) has increased dramatically since 2009, according to new data obtained by the nonprofit California Foundation for Fiscal Responsibility.
For those of you not familiar with the foundation, it’s one of the leading advocates for pension reform in California. On its website, the foundation publishes searchable databases of retirees earning $100,000 or more from a couple of state pension systems, including CalSTRS, the pension system for retired California teachers.
The foundation initially obtained the data for its “CalSTRS $100,000 pension club” database in May 2009. Back then there were 3,010 retirees earning $100,000 or more annually from CalSTRS. Earlier this month, the foundation obtained updated data from CalSTRS and the number has grown to 5,308 (5,309 if you count one woman earning $99,998.88).}

Number of $100,000 retirees skyrocket in teacher pension system - OC Watchdog - The Orange County Register

Forum List

Back