Reagan's Gift

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
More than anything else, what Reagan gave us is an enduring, entitled class of individuals who believe that work should be taxed, but wealth should not. These were the people who were the prime beneficiaries of Reagan’s first and most important tax cut: the one that brought down the top rate. Excerpt from:

Reagan's Gift - Columns - Baltimore City Paper

The income tax is levied on productive activities, not on accumulated wealth, fool.

Accumulated wealth generates more wealth through investments, which IS taxable. The wealthy don't keep their money stuffed into a mattress!!! Who's the fools here? When a comment is so easily debunked, it's obvious you didn't consider the article at all, but just posted a knee-jerk reaction.

More than anything else, what Reagan gave us is an enduring, entitled class of individuals who believe that work should be taxed, but wealth should not. These were the people who were the prime beneficiaries of Reagan’s first and most important tax cut: the one that brought down the top rate. Excerpt from:

Is this a muffled cry for a wealth tax?

You guys never cease to amaze me with your naked grabs at everybody else's money.

Oh, so the wealthy don't keep their money in mattresses but invest it into even more productive activities instead?

Thank you for that little lesson in economics, President Reagan. :lol::lol::lol:

Wasn't my lesson. Did you even read the article? Doesn't sound like it.

There are many other impoverished Communist countries that also fear, loathe and attack the wealthy at every turn; FDR's hatred of the wealthy was one of the reasons he was able to turn a severe recession into the Great FDR Depression. You should go there! Go find your workers paradise and leave the rest of us alone

Last edited:

Taxes have already been taken out of your payroll. Whatever amount that you put back after you pay your bills could be considered your wealth. That wealth has already been taxed. So, what you're saying: if I build up a business, make millions, pay taxes on the gross, sell it, pay capital gains taxes and then leave it to my kids, then they should pony up another 50 percent in taxes to keep their inheritance?

The income tax is levied on productive activities, not on accumulated wealth, fool.

In what sense is speculating in the stock market(s), futures, off shore banks, over seas companies productive for the U S A?

It's the core mechanism of Capitalism and Free markets fool!

Who pays the bill when this wild speculation and greed fails? Capitalism has been gamed Frankie. When bankruptcy was taken away from the small players only the rich can play. That is not exactly equal opportunity is it. Privatizing the profit and socializing the losses has become the biggest scam in the history of civilization. I guess that is O K for a corporate shill such as yourself.

In what sense is speculating in the stock market(s), futures, off shore banks, over seas companies productive for the U S A?

It's the core mechanism of Capitalism and Free markets fool!

Who pays the bill when this wild speculation and greed fails? Capitalism has been gamed Frankie. When bankruptcy was taken away from the small players only the rich can play. That is not exactly equal opportunity is it. Privatizing the profit and socializing the losses has become the biggest scam in the history of civilization. I guess that is O K for a corporate shill such as yourself.

The people investing their own money should be left to gain or lose as the market either confirms or punishes their judgment.

What is your problem with that?

Forum List

Back