Christmas shopping ideas

I fink one of dees is gud idea. Two wuld be bettr, wun fer each kidd. Yea, dats da tikit.

leoti.jpg

I fink one of dees is gud idea. Two wuld be bettr, wun fer each kidd. Yea, dats da tikit.

leoti.jpg

I so want a puppy!

One of my sisters just adopted two adorable puppies. I'm so jeeelous.

Sadly, no puppies chez boe until our major remodeling project is done.

leoti.jpg

I so want a puppy!

One of my sisters just adopted two adorable puppies. I'm so jeeelous.

Sadly, no puppies chez boe until our major remodeling project is done.

If you get a little bit older puppy . . . .like 10 mos or so, it's less likely to undo your major remodeling project! ;)

SPCA has the best dogs, imo. Might take some looking, but they have great dogs.

How about a two week trip to the grandparents house?

Just don't tell the grandparents. Just drop 'em off one day......A lil' payback for taking your gift ideas!:razz:

Seriously though, Toys are Us has some pretty cool inexpensive beginner telescopes.

Also, there are some cool video games put out by wii that don't involve them sitting on their asses to play them....They actually are quite physically active.

You know my deal.....Same boat as you with kids.....It gets tough sometimes to come up with ideas.

How about a two week trip to the grandparents house?

Just don't tell the grandparents. Just drop 'em off one day......A lil' payback for taking your gift ideas!:razz:

Seriously though, Toys are Us has some pretty cool inexpensive beginner telescopes.

Also, there are some cool video games put out by wii that don't involve them sitting on their asses to play them....They actually are quite physically active.

You know my deal.....Same boat as you with kids.....It gets tough sometimes to come up with ideas.

I already did the 2-week thing in the summer. :lol:

I already have a decent scope, nothing I'd cry too hard over if there was an "accident" but still much, much better than what you can get at Toys R Us. They get time on it when they're interested.

Yeah, I know you've been there. Usually I'm the one who gets it done early to head them off at the pass but this year I've had more than one period of layoff, that's real estate right now. But it's made it hard to fit it in. That's what I get for waiting...at least they thought about the kiddos. I just wish they'd thought to ask me first. ;)

I was of the opinion that prospective serial killers were given practical things like chemistry sets and accupuncture for christmas rather than toys.

Seems lots of science suggestions which is very cool. Now about the artistic daughter, one year I put together an 'art kit' for each of my kids instead of an Easter Basket. They all were and still are into the arts.

I found a personal type of container, for the daughter it was a pink chest of some sort. I put in markers, colored pencils, charcoals, water colors, real artist brushes, modeling clay, feathers, sequins, glue, glitter (don't ask what I was thinking, I still remember), buttons, seeds, just lots of stuff that could be used, artist drawing pads, water color paper, stencils...

They used those kits for years and were great on rainy days and sick days.

Seems lots of science suggestions which is very cool. Now about the artistic daughter, one year I put together an 'art kit' for each of my kids instead of an Easter Basket. They all were and still are into the arts.

I found a personal type of container, for the daughter it was a pink chest of some sort. I put in markers, colored pencils, charcoals, water colors, real artist brushes, modeling clay, feathers, sequins, glue, glitter (don't ask what I was thinking, I still remember), buttons, seeds, just lots of stuff that could be used, artist drawing pads, water color paper, stencils...

All noble and traditional suggestions, Annie, but they're sadly redundant in this rude, digital age.

Bung 'em a cell phone and be done with it.

All noble and traditional suggestions, Annie, but they're sadly redundant in this rude, digital age.

Bung 'em a cell phone and be done with it.

I don't think Goldcatt is that kind of mom. ;)

Hi Goldcatt,
Go to mindware.com
They have all kind of neat and unique things from games to building things, puzzles, science, art activities, you name it. Pretty cool gifts.
I get one or two things for my next door neighbors girl. She is 6 and she has really loved the things I got for her from past xmas.
I love the extreme Dot to Dot Books and the brain teasers.

Forum List

Back