Christians attempt to silence non-religious messages at Christmas

How on earth is it hate speech? What group is it threatening with physical harm? Who is it inciting hatred against?

Santa?

You guys are complete idiots. YOu know that, right?

And religion is religion. Yeah, the belief is that if you aren't saved, you don't get to heaven. That is not hate speech because it isn't inciting people to HARM others.

What a bunch of small minded twits. It's a waste of air, space and time to talk or listen to you, honestly. I wish you'd all leave your mommy and daddy's homes and return to school, and perhaps actually try supporting yourself before you try to impress the world with your well-thought-out and pseudo-intellectual bigotry.

Okay, so Allie just proves again that she's a hypocrite calling the atheist sign hate speech but not that.

So then you admit to being a lying piece of shit.

Lying is different than not understanding. But still, do you support the atheist sign or not? You have not addressed that clearly at all. If you don't then you cannot support the Santa one without being a hypocrite.

Hate speech is telling people to harm each other? I thought that was inciting a riot.

Well clearly I have my definition of hate speech wrong if that's the case. Sorry.

Hate speech is using speech to engender hate towards a specific group of people.

Telling people that Santa will send them to hell is not hate speech because there is no group of Santas. It's silly, but it's not hate speech.

And I don't "support" an atheist sign, why would I? I'm not an atheist. I think it's a form of harassment, if it's put up next to a Christian exhibit which in and of itself does nothing to attack any other religion but is simply a symbol of one. A nativity scene is not harassment. A sign next to a nativity sign which says that Christians are stupid or whatever is.

Hate speech is using speech to engender hate towards a specific group of people.

Telling people that Santa will send them to hell is not hate speech because there is no group of Santas. It's silly, but it's not hate speech.

And I don't "support" an atheist sign, why would I? I'm not an atheist. I think it's a form of harassment, if it's put up next to a Christian exhibit which in and of itself does nothing to attack any other religion but is simply a symbol of one. A nativity scene is not harassment. A sign next to a nativity sign which says that Christians are stupid or whatever is.

I see no difference between the two signs since Santa is an atheist figure, so yes, if one is hate speech then so is the other.

You really do have a comprehension problem.

Santa isn't an atheist figure. Santa is St. Nikolaus, a Catholic figure.

Not that it matters. But as I said, no, it's not hate speech if it doesn't incite hatred against a specific group of people. To say "Love Santa/Go to hell" is not hate speech. Hate speech is "Love Santa/Suffer a lingering death at the hands of Santa Haters".

Shit, since you obviously don't know what the hell speech is and are too lazy to look it up:

Hate speech is a term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a person or group of people based on their race, gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, language ability, moral or political views, socioeconomic class, occupation or appearance (such as height, weight, and hair color), mental capacity and any other distinction-liability.

You really do have a comprehension problem.

Santa isn't an atheist figure. Santa is St. Nikolaus, a Catholic figure.

Not that it matters. But as I said, no, it's not hate speech if it doesn't incite hatred against a specific group of people. To say "Love Santa/Go to hell" is not hate speech. Hate speech is "Love Santa/Suffer a lingering death at the hands of Santa Haters".

The modern version is what the saint was like? Wow, all that magic and reindeer! Lucky guy. So, where in the bible does it say I can get a flying sleigh and the power to teleport into peoples houses at will?

The modern version is what the saint was like? Wow, all that magic and reindeer! Lucky guy. So, where in the bible does it say I can get a flying sleigh and the power to teleport into peoples houses at will?

So when a Catholic Saint morphs into a modern superhero, that makes him pagan?

By gum, you learn something new every day.

Well, some do...

The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to the those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day.
Saint Nicholas ::: Who is St. Nicholas?

Doesn't sound like a pagan to me.

Do you just use that as your universal sound bite whenever you don't know something?

While I do agree it was lame reasoning, everyday people are attacking each others religions, but the media just chose to hang on these particular ones for ratings.
I believe that the media truly believes this. It is part of their bias, not a thirst for ratings.

I believe that the media truly believes this. It is part of their bias, not a thirst for ratings.

I don't think they are as biased as many believe, but I do know that the news NEEDS ratings or they get replaced. What better way to get those ratings than choosing stories dealing with the majority of the countries viewers.

I don't think they are as biased as many believe, but I do know that the news NEEDS ratings or they get replaced. What better way to get those ratings than choosing stories dealing with the majority of the countries viewers.
The majority of the country's viewers don't want to see Christmas neutered.

Forum List

Back