Christian parents perform Exorcism on gay son - who then kills self

R

rdean

Gay Teen Kills Self; Parents Performed Exorcism on Him

A gay California teenager killed himself after his Christian parents performed an exorcism on him in an attempt to "cure" him, and when that didn't work they kicked him out of the house.

"'I was raised in an extremist Christian household... My mother knew I was gay and performed an exorcism on me in an attempt to cure me. My anxiety, depression, self-loathing and suicidal thoughts spiked."

------------------------------

What is with these people. They claim they have family values? It even shows up in their politics. I believe they are a danger to this country.

suicide...always a traumatic issue...there is always enough guilty to go around.....i have been close to two people who killed themselves....there are no answers...

people do what they believe will help.....parents try to do the best they can. simple as that

i kicked my son out of my house for having heterosexual sex....i gave him the option.....live here and obey the rules or move your ass out....

never underestimate the sexual drive.....

how can you sit in judgement of parents who have lost a child?

Sad story, IF his parents actually did that it's pretty pathetic. Luckily we're on the right path to ending or at least marginalizing homophobia.

However he did a real disservice to the kids he tried to say "it gets better" to. Kinda like the DARE officers who get dui's, kids put their faith in these people who volunteer for these positions, just to be let down.

suicide...always a traumatic issue...there is always enough guilty to go around.....i have been close to two people who killed themselves....there are no answers...

people do what they believe will help.....parents try to do the best they can. simple as that

i kicked my son out of my house for having heterosexual sex....i gave him the option.....live here and obey the rules or move your ass out....

never underestimate the sexual drive.....

how can you sit in judgement of parents who have lost a child?

How can he?

This is how

batman-returns-penguin.jpg

"What is with these people. They claim they have family values? It even shows up in their politics. I believe they are a danger to this country."

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
My son told me similar, terrible stores he heard from his classmates at NYU who had also come out.

As the OP clearly shows, there are lots of hateful, hurtful ignorant motherfuckers on the planet

Also as a side point I think every free thinking person who reads this thread also understands that Rdean isn't saying this cuz he gives a shit about the guy in the story, it's solely a chance to display his level of hyper-partisanship in the most shameful of ways.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
See the wonders of science!

If the parents would have taken their son to a pyschologists instead to an exorcist, I bet they teen would still be alive and the family much more loving towards itself.

You'd think they would love their kid no matter what.
I couldn't fault them for kicking him out, but exorcism?
C'mon.

I'm pretty sure that they believed they were trying to save him from eternal torture. Poor miserable people, poor miserable boy. Some beliefs are truly detrimental.

A gay California teenager killed himself after his Christian parents performed an exorcism on him in an attempt to "cure" him, and when that didn't work they kicked him out of the house.

"'I was raised in an extremist Christian household... My mother knew I was gay and performed an exorcism on me in an attempt to cure me. My anxiety, depression, self-loathing and suicidal thoughts spiked."

What is with these people. They claim they have family values? It even shows up in their politics. I believe they are a danger to this country.

It is a shame that homosexuality research, as to the causes and treatment have basically vanished. We used to treat this affliction like a mental illness. If we had stayed that course, perhaps we would have had a cure for it by now.

It appears to me that this condition is a result from someting going wrong in the develomental phase of the fetus. Instead of coming out with the propensity to be biologically attracted to the opposite sex, the reverse happens.

Until we fully understand the causes, we cannot treat it.

This "teen" was 19. Not exactly a helpless child with nowhere to turn. The gay guy knew how his parents felt, yet elected to remain in their home in an extended state of infantilism. Out of all the courses of action this helpless soul could have taken, this was the one he choose. The parents are not at fault for being what they are anymore than the guy is at fault for being what he is. He intended to exploit his family further. It didn't work.

He was of age. He was living in his parents' house. If he didn't want to go by his parent's rules, they had every right to kick him out. Agan, being of age, he didn't have to submit to an exorcism. It is not a danger to me if someone else decides to suicide. It is only a danger to the person who is going to suicide. Unless, perhaps, he/she decided to run a plane I'm on into a building. But that would play like a rerun, now wouldn't it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back