Now that Roe v. Wade is overturned, let's look at the damage it's caused

Why is that? Republicans aren't encouraging anyone to screw around and make babies they can't or don't intend to provide for.

Ghettos are created by bad choices of parents, not a lack of the availability of abortion and contraception.

Wrong.
All over the world, the poorer people are, the more they instinctually are driven to procreate.
It is how species survive.
If you want to lower the birth rate, you have to get rid of poverty.

Did you not read what you quoted, then?
Indeed I did and responded appropriately.

You said it should be "Opt Out" rather than "Opt In". The presumption then is the state owns your organs unless you object to them being taken.

It doesn't work that way in the US.

Wrong.
All over the world, the poorer people are, the more they instinctually are driven to procreate.
It is how species survive.
If you want to lower the birth rate, you have to get rid of poverty.
The US isn't the whole world and there's no possible way to end poverty. People's choices land them in and keep them in poverty.

Take your global Marxism bs and peddle it elsewhere.

It only takes one generation in this country to work yourself out of poverty.

You really should learn to read.

Most women of reproductive age are working or have parents who are.

Indeed, most women of fertile age are insured if not through private/work place insurance under Medicaid.

Top talking out of your ass.

Your links require logging in.
{...

Most Uninsured Were Working-Age Adults​

EDWARD BERCHICK
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

In 2017, the number of people without health insurance increased to 28.0 million, up from 27.3 million the year before, according to the latest American Community Survey data released today.
...}

So the claim that all woman have free birth control access is not true.
It depends on the state, Planned Parenthood funding, etc.
States against abortion tend to be against all birth control.

Your links require logging in.
{...

Most Uninsured Were Working-Age Adults​

EDWARD BERCHICK
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

In 2017, the number of people without health insurance increased to 28.0 million, up from 27.3 million the year before, according to the latest American Community Survey data released today.
...}

So the claim that all woman have free birth control access is not true.
It depends on the state, Planned Parenthood funding, etc.
States against abortion tend to be against all birth control.
None of the links I posted require logging in.

Even if your figures were accurate they don't' show that most women don't have insurance much less most working age/fertile age women.

The US isn't the whole world and there's no possible way to end poverty. People's choices land them in and keep them in poverty.

Take your global Marxism bs and peddle it elsewhere.

It only takes one generation in this country to work yourself out of poverty.

Wrong.
The main causes of poverty are imperialism, colonialism, oligarchies with extortion, corruption, unfair tax laws, etc.
The wealthy deliberately are constantly trying to cause poverty.
That is how you make people desperate and willing to work at the horrible jobs that places like WalMart feed on.

Roe v Wade changed nothing in terms of the numbers of abortions performed in the USA. The birth rate didn't go up or down. The number of live births was consistent. That tells us that women were able to access abortion services prior to the decision.

What changed, overnight, after Roe V Wade was women dying because of botched illegal abortions.

If we want to be lied to by an immature dumbass, we'll go ask a teenager why he was late for curfew. You have no talking points to spew, and we continue to not want or need advice on how to make our country what your foreign ass thinks it should be. We don't meet with your approval? GOOD! Means we're on the right track, and should do it twice as hard.

None of the links I posted require logging in.

Even if your figures were accurate they don't' show that most women don't have insurance much less most working age/fertile age women.

You are correct I was out of date as to how many women do have insurance these days.
But the young are the poorest and least insured, so need abortions the most.

The first obvious damage to mention is 63 million dead babies.

That means 63 million women who are the mothers of dead babies and 63 million men who are the fathers of dead babies. That's a lot of suffering. And then you must consider the grandparents of the dead babies and the siblings of the dead babies. More suffering.

It's more suffering than losing a baby through miscarriage. The mother knows she deliberately killed her baby, the father knows his wife or girlfriend or the mother of his child killed his baby, the grandparents know their daughter killed their grandchild, and the siblings know their mother killed their brother or sister.

So much guilt, but bottled up because no one is allowed to talk about it.

Psychological damage. You bet. PTSD. Anxiety. Depression. No doubt many suicides. But not talked about. Not covered in the media.

All that secret suffering. If a woman suffers because of her abortion, we're not allowed to talk about it. The media lies and says it never even happens.

The number 63 million you might have passed over. How many is that? Nearly the population of the United Kingdom. That's a lot of dead babies.

But lets talk about the babies as individuals. Each was a boy or girl with a unique place in God's heart. Every time we killed a baby, it hurt God so deeply we can't even imagine it. God's love for that child was infinite, so his suffering was infinite too.

Perhaps it would be easier to imagine God's suffering as Christ's suffering on the cross. Every time a baby was killed it was like driving a nail deeper into Christ's hands and feet, or lashing him again, or piercing him deeper with the spear.

Did we gain anything with all these abortions?

Feminists claim abortions liberate women. If a woman kills her child, she is free to do other things like have a career. Women can be pleased to know they have more time to spend at the office because they've killed their child.

Abortions benefit men even more than women. A man is free to have sex with a woman, and if she gets pregnant, an abortion fixes it so he doesn't have to help her raise a child as its father. A man never has to grow up so long as he can convince the women he has sex with to have abortions.

Do abortions help the children of a woman she doesn't abort? You might argue they do, their mother has more time to spend with them if she doesn't have that baby. But children might wonder whether it was only dumb luck that they weren't aborted themselves.

Abortion doesn't end with the reversal of Roe v. Wade, the issue returns to the states. Most states will pass laws putting some restrictions on abortion, or abolishing it. Some states will keep it legal, or expand abortion rights to make it legal to kill infants, as New York has already done.

I ask God to forgive every woman who's had an abortion, and all the men who've paid for an abortion, and all the doctors who've performed abortions. As a Christian I must make that prayer because God requires me to forgive.

But a person must repent to be forgiven. If you've had an abortion, or paid for one, or performed one, will you repent?

It's not too late.
It’s not yet overruled.

One little pull can prevent all of this. It's called plan b and it's a miraculous thing. Why aren't all women using it?

Plan B is very expensive.
About $160 more per month, with very little in return.
It is mostly to eliminate copays for things like dentistry and optometrists.

There is no factual basis for that claim.

The birth rate dropped precipitously starting in 72 and continued to drop for several years and has never returned to the same level we saw in 71.

Also, women continue to die from botched legal abortions, and the real reason why childbirth-related deaths of ALL types dropped was the increased use of antibiotics like penicillin.

Also, women continue to die from botched legal abortions, and the real reason why childbirth-related deaths of ALL types dropped was the increased use of antibiotics like penicillin.
Again, baseless conjecture presented as fact with zero supporting evidence.

Penicillin has been in wide use since the end of WWII.

The poorest have medicate dipshit.
No, the poorest do not have Medicaid necessarily.
It depends on the state regulations.
States like Massachusetts cover far more than states like Georgia.

{...

Who is eligible for Medicaid?​

You may qualify for free or low-cost care through Medicaid based on income and family size.
In all states, Medicaid provides health coverage for some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities. In some states the program covers all low-income adults below a certain income level.
Even if you were told you didn't qualify for Medicaid in the past, you may qualify under the new rules. You can see if you qualify for Medicaid 2 ways:
  • Visit your state's Medicaid website. Use the drop-down menu at the top of this page to pick your state. You can apply right now and find out if you qualify. If you qualify, coverage can begin immediately.
  • Fill out an application in the Health Insurance Marketplace. When you finish the application, we'll tell you which programs you and your family qualify for. If it looks like anyone is eligible for Medicaid and/or CHIP, we'll let the state agency know so you can enroll.
...}

he first obvious damage to mention is 63 million dead babies.

That means 63 million women who are the mothers of dead babies and 63 million men who are the fathers of dead babies. That's a lot of suffering. And then you must consider the grandparents of the dead babies and the siblings of the dead babies. More suffering.

Except they don't suffer... since Globby the Fetus was nothing more to them than having a tonsil removed.

Most women are fine with their abortions...

The number 63 million you might have passed over. How many is that? Nearly the population of the United Kingdom. That's a lot of dead babies.

Actually, it's ZERO dead babies, and there were just as many abortions going on before Roe v. Wade as after. Roe didn't cause abortions, it just recognized the laws against them were obsolete and being ignored on a regular basis.

But lets talk about the babies as individuals. Each was a boy or girl with a unique place in God's heart. Every time we killed a baby, it hurt God so deeply we can't even imagine it. God's love for that child was infinite, so his suffering was infinite too.

Actually, if that's the case, getting aborted was the BEST THING that could have happened to little Globby. Now it won't grow up, commit sins, and risk going to hell. It always amazes me that you Christians think Heaven is this wonderful place, but you spend you whole lives avoiding death to keep from going there.

Again, baseless conjecture presented as fact with zero supporting evidence.

Penicillin has been in wide use since the end of WWII.

So much for "baseless with zero supporting evidence", which I can only assume means "I don't want it to be true, and my talking points didn't tell me to know it, so that makes it FALSE!"

Couple of things they didn't bother to mention in that article. The CDC report points out that the death rate since Roe is an undercount, because there are still lots of places - like California, which is responsible for over 15% of all abortions - that don't report their statistics on abortion. Also, just as before Roe, deaths from abortion-related complications aren't always reported as such.

No one ever said penicillin was discovered later. What I, and this article, did say was that increased use of penicillin and other antibiotics vastly reduced the number of maternal deaths, which dropped precipitously well before the passage of Roe.

Oh, I'd also like to point out that the vast majority of illegal abortions before Roe were performed by licensed doctors. Back-alley, coat hanger abortions are a myth, and always have been.

So much for "baseless with zero supporting evidence", which I can only assume means "I don't want it to be true, and my talking points didn't tell me to know it, so that makes it FALSE!"

Couple of things they didn't bother to mention in that article. The CDC report points out that the death rate since Roe is an undercount, because there are still lots of places - like California, which is responsible for over 15% of all abortions - that don't report their statistics on abortion. Also, just as before Roe, deaths from abortion-related complications aren't always reported as such.

No one ever said penicillin was discovered later. What I, and this article, did say was that increased use of penicillin and other antibiotics vastly reduced the number of maternal deaths, which dropped precipitously well before the passage of Roe.

Oh, I'd also like to point out that the vast majority of illegal abortions before Roe were performed by licensed doctors. Back-alley, coat hanger abortions are a myth, and always have been.

But what makes you think illegal abortions won't be performed by licensed doctors after you get it banned, then?

I would agree, the horror stories about deaths from illegal abortions ARE outdated.

But it begs the question, if doctors are going to ignore the law, how are you going to enforce it? If you are going to crack down on the doctors, then how do coathangers and back alleys not become a thing?

The first obvious damage to mention is 63 million dead babies.

It's more suffering than losing a baby through miscarriage. The mother knows she deliberately killed her baby, the father knows his wife or girlfriend or the mother of his child killed his baby, the grandparents know their daughter killed their grandchild, and the siblings know their mother killed their brother or sister.

Psychological damage. You bet. PTSD. Anxiety. Depression. No doubt many suicides. But not talked about. Not covered in the media.

All that secret suffering. If a woman suffers because of her abortion, we're not allowed to talk about it. The media lies and says it never even happens.

Perhaps it would be easier to imagine God's suffering as Christ's suffering on the cross. Every time a baby was killed it was like driving a nail deeper into Christ's hands and feet, or lashing him again, or piercing him deeper with the spear.

Did we gain anything with all these abortions?

Feminists claim abortions liberate women. If a woman kills her child, she is free to do other things like have a career. Women can be pleased to know they have more time to spend at the office because they've killed their child.

Abortions benefit men even more than women. A man is free to have sex with a woman, and if she gets pregnant, an abortion fixes it so he doesn't have to help her raise a child as its father. A man never has to grow up so long as he can convince the women he has sex with to have abortions.

Do abortions help the children of a woman she doesn't abort? You might argue they do, their mother has more time to spend with them if she doesn't have that baby. But children might wonder whether it was only dumb luck that they weren't aborted themselves.

Abortion doesn't end with the reversal of Roe v. Wade, the issue returns to the states. Most states will pass laws putting some restrictions on abortion, or abolishing it. Some states will keep it legal, or expand abortion rights to make it legal to kill infants, as New York has already done.

I ask God to forgive every woman who's had an abortion, and all the men who've paid for an abortion, and all the doctors who've performed abortions. As a Christian I must make that prayer because God requires me to forgive.

But a person must repent to be forgiven. If you've had an abortion, or paid for one, or performed one, will you repent?

It's not too late.
We know it's all about those like you wanting power over women's bodies....just like rape.

Forum List

Back