So here it is, The Atheist New Testament

Thete

Bachelor of Theology
Jan 29, 2012
Finland
Please give me any feedback you have. I already know I'm lacking - all! - sources, but I'm working on it. The link is below the picture.
tant_v2.png

The Atheist New Testament

Feel free to comment, thank you!

PS. can anybody guess where that picture is taken?

Last edited:
Please give me any feedback you have. I already know I'm lacking - all! - sources, but I'm working on it. The link is below the picture.
tant_v2.png

What was the reason for putting the year of birth as 4 CE? It's well known that there was an error in the calculation of the original year of Jesus' birth, in particular because it's known from historical sources that Herod the Great died in 4 BCE. However, the ANT doesn't mention Herod at all. What was the rationale behind putting the new date about 10 years later than the usually accepted time window?

God doesn't exist but your Atheist Bible is based on the Bible isn't it? You fail at the start.

And why the Bible? Why not the Koran or the Hebrew Bible?

God doesn't exist but your Atheist Bible is based on the Bible isn't it? You fail at the start.

It's an Atheist "New Testament". The Hebrews don't have one and the Muslims have a "Newer Testament". :cool:

It's an Atheist "New Testament". The Hebrews don't have one and the Muslims have a "Newer Testament". :cool:
There's no God nor need for religion, yet he makes a "religion" about it by creating an "Atheist Bible". :confused:

There's no God nor need for religion, yet he makes a "religion" about it by creating an "Atheist Bible". :confused:

There are many natural and biological needs for religion. The religious mind works on natural sociobiological mechanisms. That's why religion exists almost everywhere.

Only a fool says there is no God.

Understand, I am not saying God exists, or doesn't exist. Only human arrogance would assume he "knows" the answer to this question. An intelligent man sees the absurdity of such a statement.

Personally, I see Christ and the Buddha as being the same. The difference is the culture and the language of the culture. And no doubt that Christ used Judaism as the means to convey his teachings, and even used that tradition. It was in fact what they might perhaps could understand, although I doubt any actually did. That they were waiting for his return in their lifetimes shows they did not "get" his teachings. HIs return was to be a spiritual one, not a physical one. The kingdom is within he taught. The followers apparently never understood him, but instead relied upon jewish tradition for understanding. That was where they made the mistake.

With that said, I do think some people actually understood his message. I think they were left by the wayside when the new religion was organized. It seems the orthodoxy of Paul is what any additiional texts had to reflect, instead of the various other sects of understanding at that time.

With that said, I do think some people actually understood his message. I think they were left by the wayside when the new religion was organized. It seems the orthodoxy of Paul is what any additiional texts had to reflect, instead of the various other sects of understanding at that time.

Well said.

What was the reason for putting the year of birth as 4 CE? It's well known that there was an error in the calculation of the original year of Jesus' birth, in particular because it's known from historical sources that Herod the Great died in 4 BCE. However, the ANT doesn't mention Herod at all. What was the rationale behind putting the new date about 10 years later than the usually accepted time window?

A very good point. I don't know how I missed that, thanks.

tant_v2.png

It is the dumbest things I have ever read, and I once spent an afternoon digging through a series of papers donated to the local library by the Flat Earth Society.

You missed it because you are an idiot.

From your 'bible' page:

Jesus was an extraordinary person, but his life has not been portrayed correctly in the Christian tradition. He deserves a true historical portrayal.

Who, exactly, appointed you that historian?
What qualifications do you think you have??

Who, exactly, appointed you that historian?
What qualifications do you think you have??

Nobody, and I'm sorry if I give the wrong impression.

As I say in the text, it's just "my version" "based on what I know".

I don't really see the point or where you gather all this information. This version is no more than another fairytale and it does not even have a purpose.

You missed it because you are an idiot.

It's an interesting distillation of the story. You're just being a douchebag.

Forum List

Back