Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

I just love how Cons like to routinely (and rightly) blast Political Correctness™, but have no problem practicing their own version of it.

Is the moron who made your "bumper sticker" too stupid to keep his lines straight?

By saying that "we use this word to justify more wars", he is clearly not talking about the soldiers but rather the ways politicians hide behind soldier's heroism to justify misguided policies.

Look at how Bush administration used Tillman. They covered up the causes of his death, and then they created a fake story to feed into their promotion of the Iraq War.

Every time someone questioned the Iraq Policy - it's regional aims and methods - the Bush administration warned that policy objection served to discredit the heroism and sacrifices of the troops.

Jroc, dear sir

We want to separate the troops - who deserve the ultimate praise - from the corrupt policy makers in Washington. When Washington mimetically fuses the heroism of the troops to their incompetent policies, we need the free press to call them on it.

During the Iraq War, we didn't have a free press. Everyone rolled over for the Bush administration - Left, Right, and Center. Even the New York Times was a cheerleader. And that's the problem with Republican administrations. When they take charge, there is never any dissent. There is no Tea Party. Once Romney takes the White House, you will not hear a peep about his spending until he becomes a lame duck. The one thing Republican Voters never question is a sitting Republican president. They trust government more than any single group in history. When LBJ ramped up Vietnam, the student Left protested him and was instrumental in making sure he did not run for a second term. You would never see this on the Right. When Bush took us into Iraq, all the conservatives fell in the line behind Dear Leader. Republican Presidents know that Washington gets total obedience from the Rightwing voter when the GOP is in power. Nobody trusts Washington more deeply than Republican Voters - nobody falls in line behind their party's president more than Republicans.

Last edited:
Fuck Chris Hayes, whoever he is.

Fuck you, whoever you are.

I dont give a fuck who this guy is but to put down and say these guys are not heroes is wrong. They put their life on the line for our freedoms. They do not pick the wars. That is our leaders. They just follow their orders. If it not for people in the military we would not have the freedoms we have even though the dictator in chief is taking them away from us a little at a time.

Keep in mind, only the winners get to use that defense.

I just love how Cons like to routinely (and rightly) blast Political Correctness™, but have no problem practicing their own version of it.

When did calling someone an idiot become politically correct?

Go ahead and call him an idiot all you want. His only point, though, was that maybe the term "hero" is used too loosely. Just like what's happened with certain RW talking heads out there, he's probably gonna have to come on again and apologize because of all the butt-hurt he just caused.

But hey, it's only Libs who get caught up in their emotions, right?

First of all this Guy or lady I'm not really sure...
Sort of looks like Rachel Maddow's sister.
Well anyway this person sure picked a hell of a day
to get all touchie feelie with his / her sensibilities.

Maybe picked the wrong day for it.
As far as I can tell American service men and women aren't really
looking for hero labels.
I think if you don't know how to classify them maybe you should
keep your friggin mouth shut.
Or maybe just say "Thank you for your service to our country"....

By saying that "we use this word to justify more wars", he is clearly not talking about the soldiers but rather the ways politicians hide behind soldier's heroism to justify misguided policies.

Look at how Bush administration used Tillman. They covered up the causes of his death, and then they created a fake story to feed into their promotion of the Iraq War.

I'd add that the Jessica Lynch story was initially pretty distorted, too. Was she any less of a hero just for being there serving in a combat environment? I'd say no, but anyone who pointed out at the time that the story wasn't all that the invasion's cheerleaders were making it out to be were chastised in the usual way.

I could be wrong here, but after a quick skim of the posts on this thread I detected zero (0) calls for the guy to be fired. Had the situations been reversed, that would have been the immediate, knee-jerk, go-to move by liberals.

Shut down opposing speech. That's the destructive nature of PC.

Thank God we still have libtards like you to remind us that not everyone can think clearly about much.

It helps the rest of us realize when we may be tending to slide into insanity.

You looking in the mirror reminds you that not everyone can think clearly about much.

No, reading you assinine fuckhead, libtard bullshit reminds me of that, you fucking disgrace to human excrement.

ANOTHER rw meltdown?

Why would he be comfortable? He's much more comfortable calling cretins like Mao Tse Tung,Pol Pot,Hugo Chavez,Fidel Castro, and Joseph Stalin 'Heroes.' He's a stupid GE/NBC stooge for God's sake. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Every time someone questioned the Iraq Policy - it's regional aims and methods - the Bush administration warned that policy objection served to discredit the heroism and sacrifices of the troops.

Jroc, dear sir

We want to separate the troops - who deserve the ultimate praise - from the corrupt policy makers in Washington. When Washington mimetically fuses the heroism of the troops to their incompetent policies, we need the free press to call them on it.

During the Iraq War, we didn't have a free press. Everyone rolled over for the Bush administration - Left, Right, and Center. Even the New York Times was a cheerleader. And that's the problem with Republican administrations. When they take charge, there is never any dissent. There is no Tea Party. Once Romney takes the White House, you will not hear a peep about his spending until he becomes a lame duck. The one thing Republican Voters never question is a sitting Republican president. They trust government more than any single group in history. When LBJ ramped up Vietnam, the student Left protested him and was instrumental in making sure he did not run for a second term. You would never see this on the Right. When Bush took us into Iraq, all the conservatives fell in the line behind Dear Leader. Republican Presidents know that Washington gets total obedience from the Rightwing voter when the GOP is in power. Nobody trusts Washington more deeply than Republican Voters - nobody falls in line behind their party's president more than Republicans.

bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

I could be wrong here, but after a quick skim of the posts on this thread I detected zero (0) calls for the guy to be fired. Had the situations been reversed, that would have been the immediate, knee-jerk, go-to move by liberals.

Well, besides one guy saying "Ban GE/NBC", you're right. I wasn't just talking about this site or even just this particular incident. There's more than one way to be PC and it has been practiced by the Right, too.

Well, besides one guy saying "Ban GE/NBC", you're right. I wasn't just talking about this site or even just this particular incident. There's more than one way to be PC and it has been practiced by the Right, too.

I was being facetious. The Left/Democrats are currently trying to get Fox News banned...

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) sent a letter to FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski on Tuesday, arguing that U.S. law states that broadcast airwaves shall only be licensed to people of "good character" and used "in the public interest."

They're asking the FCC to revoke broadcast licenses for the 27 stations the Fox network owns in the United States.

More:
Ethics watchdog asks FCC to revoke Fox's broadcast licenses - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

I was being facetious. The Left/Democrats are currently trying to get Fox News banned...

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) sent a letter to FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski on Tuesday, arguing that U.S. law states that broadcast airwaves shall only be licensed to people of "good character" and used "in the public interest."

They're asking the FCC to revoke broadcast licenses for the 27 stations the Fox network owns in the United States.

More:
Ethics watchdog asks FCC to revoke Fox's broadcast licenses - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

Do you know why that is? Perhaps a ruling in another country? :eusa_whistle:

Jroc, dear sir

What a blow hard, you must think if your posts are long enough people will be more impressed The guy was wrong and is an idiot. MSNBC should make him apologize for it. All the rest of your post is just rambling:eusa_eh:

Jroc, dear sir

What a blow hard, you must think if your posts are long enough people will be more impressed The guy was wrong and is an idiot. MSNBC should make him apologize for it. All the rest of your post is just rambling:eusa_eh:

He should learn the art of rambling in one sentence, like you did?

Jroc, dear sir

He should learn the art of rambling in one sentence, like you did?

It's a gift

Forum List

Back