VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers hero

A top veterans group called Monday for an "immediate and unequivocal apology" after an MSNBC host said on the eve of Memorial Day that it makes him "uncomfortable" to describe fallen soldiers as heroes.
Chris Hayes made the comment while kicking off a panel discussion Sunday on his show, "Up With Chris Hayes."
He noted it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"
Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."
Veterans of Foreign Wars, in addition to a throng of conservative bloggers and groups, slammed Hayes for being so conflicted about the term.

Read more: VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes | Fox News
Great! Another left wing loon graces our living rooms with his appearance on television.
The best way to combat this crap is to turn it OFF. No ratings equals no voice. And no job.

A WWII vet I know says we have no business being in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does THAT make him a "pimp faced moron"?
Or are only vets allowed to criticize the Military and its soldiers actions nowadays?
NO ! That makes him a man capable of critical thinking.....unlike these dolts you pay now to "defend" your FreeDumb.

and then there are cowards like you who run when the going gets a little tough.....if Costa Rica gets invaded you sure as hell wont be part of their defense.....you will be hiding in a cave somewhere shaking....waiting for the US to come and protect your fat hairy ass....

A WWII vet I know says we have no business being in Iraq and Afghanistan. Does THAT make him a "pimp faced moron"?
Or are only vets allowed to criticize the Military and its soldiers actions nowadays?

That's an opinion. Which does not denigrate the soldiers who are doing their duty.
Your inability to distinguish the two is a FAIL.

A top veterans group called Monday for an "immediate and unequivocal apology" after an MSNBC host said on the eve of Memorial Day that it makes him "uncomfortable" to describe fallen soldiers as heroes.
Chris Hayes made the comment while kicking off a panel discussion Sunday on his show, "Up With Chris Hayes."
He noted it's "very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words 'heroes.'"
Hayes tried to explain why that makes him uneasy: "I feel ... uncomfortable about the word hero because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war."
Veterans of Foreign Wars, in addition to a throng of conservative bloggers and groups, slammed Hayes for being so conflicted about the term.

Read more: VFW demands apology after host says he's 'uncomfortable' calling fallen soldiers heroes | Fox News

The saddest part of this incident is that the moronic wanna be morally superior liberal has benefited from all those heroes (makes him uncomfortable) deaths.

Their deaths allow him to spew such bile in such an insensitive way on the eve of Memorial Day.

The bastard really doesn't get it.

Ask Pat Tillman's family if he gets it.

Ask Jessica Lynch and her family if Hayes gets it.
Your point?

He's a pimp faced moron
He has herpes of the mouth. He breaks out all the time and you can't get rid of him without Lysine, which he should get for saying pus about heroes on Memorial Day.

Free speech is one thing. Treasonous speech against fighting men is intolerable.

No it's not, it's free speech.

P.S. Women die fighting in war, also.
Free speech used in an abusive way against American men and women who died for our nation is not protected by the 5th Amendment after a point.

The saddest part of this incident is that the moronic wanna be morally superior liberal has benefited from all those heroes (makes him uncomfortable) deaths.

Their deaths allow him to spew such bile in such an insensitive way on the eve of Memorial Day.

Ask Pat Tillman's family if he gets it.

Ask Jessica Lynch and her family if Hayes gets it.
Your point?

You know my point, but I'll explain it anyway.

Politicians and generals use troops as fodder to fit certain scenarios for their warmongering. That's why the NFL and the Armed Forces teamed up to push the military. The NFL does it for ratings and the Pentagon does for recruiting and publicity. The narratives put forth by the Bush administration concerning Tillman and Lynch were both false. Many say the same thing about the soldier Obama awarded the MOH, it wouldn't surprise me.

He has herpes of the mouth. He breaks out all the time and you can't get rid of him without Lysine, which he should get for saying pus about heroes on Memorial Day.

Free speech is one thing. Treasonous speech against fighting men is intolerable.

Free speech used in an abusive way against American men and women who died for our nation is not protected by the 5th Amendment after a point.

Amen. It becomes repugnant.

Yes it is. Look at the Westboro Baptist Church case.

And he has to spew this stuff just before Memorial Day weekend, as if he is hoping to put a damper on the meaning of the day. People across the country pause to think about the contribution of our military and join in the ceremonies across the country to honor the fallen soldiers. Perhaps some of the liberal military haters can't stand that much respect given to something they abhor.

He really doesn't get it. There are many like him who don't have the slightest understanding of why people are willing to give up so much, up to, and including, their lives for their country. Some far lefties don't believe in the freedom and liberties we have fought so hard for.

What part of you stink don't YOU understand? Instead YOU offer up diversions.

Give up boy.

You try to pass yourself off as informed lover of "LIBERTY and FREEDOM" yet you don't have a clue about either.

I always know when my point has struck a nerve and left you discombobulated, because you respond with the "Boy" comment. Hahaha.

What "diversions" did I "offer up"?

"Westboro Baptist Church wins Supreme Court case for right to protest military funerals"

"The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church on Wednesday. As Robert Barnes reported:

The First Amendment protects a fringe church's anti-gay protests at military funerals, a nearly unanimous Supreme Court ruled Wednesday in a powerful opinion that spoke to the nation's tolerance for even hateful public speech."

Westboro Baptist Church wins Supreme Court case for right to protest military funerals

And he has to spew this stuff just before Memorial Day weekend, as if he is hoping to put a damper on the meaning of the day. People across the country pause to think about the contribution of our military and join in the ceremonies across the country to honor the fallen soldiers. Perhaps some of the liberal military haters can't stand that much respect given to something they abhor.

He really doesn't get it. There are many like him who don't have the slightest understanding of why people are willing to give up so much, up to, and including, their lives for their country. Some far lefties don't believe in the freedom and liberties we have fought so hard for.

And some righties drape themselves in the flag and military without offering themselves up to the military for service or worse yet, doing everything within their power to avoid military service a la Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich, Ted Nugent.

No, he really doesn't. Fuck em. :mad:

What part of you stink don't YOU understand? Instead YOU offer up diversions.

Give up boy.

You try to pass yourself off as informed lover of "LIBERTY and FREEDOM" yet you don't have a clue about either.

I always know when my point has struck a nerve and left you discombobulated, because you respond with the "Boy" comment. Hahaha.

What "diversions" did I "offer up"?

"Westboro Baptist Church wins Supreme Court case for right to protest military funerals"

"The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church on Wednesday. As Robert Barnes reported:

The First Amendment protects a fringe church's anti-gay protests at military funerals, a nearly unanimous Supreme Court ruled Wednesday in a powerful opinion that spoke to the nation's tolerance for even hateful public speech."

Westboro Baptist Church wins Supreme Court case for right to protest military funerals

yeah! and so? freedom of speech allows us to call this pimp the wormy little weasel that he is..

The Democrats new 'War on Soldiers.' I guess we'll see how that works out for em in November.

No, he really doesn't. Fuck em. :mad:

Fuck you. You say "fuck'em" to Chris Hayes, but the politician you most support would damage the military more than any politician alive today, with the exception of Ralph Nader and it's close between those two.

Forum List

Back