Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

But some of us don't believe that iraq had anything to do with our liberty or freedom.

The Iraqis violated the 1991 cease fire agreement on a daily basis. When we go to war with nations and we sign cease fire agreements and put stipulations in there to enforce conditions that are consistnet with our nations interests, waging war in response to those violations is in fact defending our liberties and freedom.

Even failing to realize that, a loyal US citizens should be appreciative of the fact that those men fought for their country.

No, they fought for iraq and for politics.

I KNOW men that WENT OVER THERE.

Where the fuck do you get the right to tell them WHY THEY WENT?

Good God Almighty the hubris of ideological nitwits never ceases to amaze me.

Edit: and no, I am not calling you an ideological nitwit, but you do seem to imbibe their Kool Aid more than the CDC recommends.

Last edited:
Oh really ?

that is the aim of the republican party.

and you think its great.

its why hayes doesnt want you using our war dead to get there

Do you ever think about the bullshit you post?

Grover Norquist is using our war dead to destroy science?

Lol, you are a babbling idiot.

As a veteran, I applaud his right to say that. I get his meaning.

You 'applaud' his right? What a very odd thing to 'applaud'. You might 'support' his right - I certain do... but 'applaud'? Why?

Because of what the dumbass said, not just the right, as we all know.

Libtards keep dishing out the neoMarxist anti-US bullshit and all the time try to hide it behind the freedoms that we have guarranteed them to in this country and the veterans they cant honor have fought, bled and died for them to have.

They are fucking disgraces if they cant manage a simple thing like calling those who have died for their freedom 'heroes'.

Fucking pathetic.

But 'applaud' seems an odd word to choose. One might 'applaud' what he said... I don't... but 'applauding' his right to say it? That's a totally different comment. Or maybe Lahokta is just too dumb to know when to 'applaud' and when to 'support'.

Let me ask you something.

Are all fallen soldiers heroes, to you? Or just 'your own', or those of our 'friends' in any given war?

Any soldier that dies for his country or community is a hero, unless there is something dishonorable in their conduct.

The wider the scope of who and what they fight for, then the greater their heroism.

So while the honorable Wermacht soldier or Soviet infantryman in the Second World War were heroes, those who fight for a greater good like freedom and liberty have a greater heroism.

The veterans of France and the UK who fought for freedom and liberty are quite the heroes because many more enjoy the benefits of their sacrifice, even the progeny of their old opponents because they fought for a righteous cause and not only their own nations.

But in the case of *our* fallen war heroes, the scope and allegiance of their sacrifice intersect as they fought for the comunities and country we all should have allegiance to if citizens of the US, and also for defending the torch of freedom for what time Western civilization has left to carry it.

So we have even more reason to have deep regard for these men that gave the fullmeasure to defend our Republic and the cause of Mankinds liberty and freedom.

That some 'American' would even hesitate to call them heroes is pathetic and disgracefull.

being stupid on purpose is what your party does best.

My Neg-Rep comment to TM.

"Fuck-off...seriously. You are lower than whale shit at the the bottom of the ocean."

So, to be fair, Hayes wasn't necessarily saying they aren't heroes. But rather saying that by blindly labeling all war deaths "heroic", we are in turn justifying all wars as morally good. Ok, I can see his point.

So....will he begin trashing on Obama for the continued wars, and new hostility in nations that didn't attack us like Pakistan, Libya and coming soon Syria and/or Iran?

Nah, he wont dare do that.

I'll defend American soldiers any day. Are you going to defend Chris Hayes? Please, go for it. I can't think of anything better on memorial day than to piss on some lefty dweeb.

I didn't hear him say it but I can understand his comment. He likely sees them as victims rather than heros. There are people who haven't ever seen this as a just war and still feel it is never going to be won. We are mired in it.

Nobody needs to defend Chris Hayes' comments. They should instead focus on getting us out of that hell hole.

There is a lot of truth to your observations, but none of that changes what our heroes did to protect our liberty and freedom nor the honor they should be held in which Chrissy FAILED to do.

Maybe for the 1st year of Afghanistan they were protecting our liberty. But once the Taliban was crushed and al Queda fled to Pakistan they were just dying for nothing.

The Iraqis violated the 1991 cease fire agreement on a daily basis. When we go to war with nations and we sign cease fire agreements and put stipulations in there to enforce conditions that are consistnet with our nations interests, waging war in response to those violations is in fact defending our liberties and freedom.

Even failing to realize that, a loyal US citizens should be appreciative of the fact that those men fought for their country.

Edit: and no, I am not calling you an ideological nitwit, but you do seem to imbibe their Kool Aid more than the CDC recommends.

People believe in Santa Claus, it doesn't make him real.

Congratulations, I knew men that went over there too, mainly because they were in my unit. Even they didn't know why the fuck they were going.

So which cause was more 'righteous' in our own Civil War?

Each had their own kind of righteousness.

My family came down from Indiana and some of them fought for the North, but I can understand why the Southern states would want to end a union that was led by men who no longer needed even one Southern state in Presidential elections. The North had grown so large in population, commerce, industry and tchnology while the South slumbered on that there was not equality between the regions any more and the South was not even a little partner; just in the Yankees way of Progress.

The whole thing was tragic, but unavoidable in many ways.

Last edited:

Congratulations, I knew men that went over there too, mainly because they were in my unit. Even they didn't know why the fuck they were going.

Maybe that is simply what they told YOU.

They signed up for SOME reason, even if they did not care to share that reason with you.

He looks like Rachel Maddow. :lol:

The little priss is entitled to his opinion. I am entitled to ignore him and change the channel.
NEXT!!!

People believe in Santa Claus, it doesn't make him real.

yeah but people like you believe in communism and that's a bigger fantasy than Santa Claus

So, to be fair, Hayes wasn't necessarily saying they aren't heroes. But rather saying that by blindly labeling all war deaths "heroic", we are in turn justifying all wars as morally good. Ok, I can see his point.

So....will he begin trashing on Obama for the continued wars, and new hostility in nations that didn't attack us like Pakistan, Libya and coming soon Syria and/or Iran?

Nah, he wont dare do that.
He came to an incorrect conclusion. Simply because we rightly honor those who serve, and those who have given every last ounce of their full measure, that we will take that as a justification for making more war. This is the insidiousness of the cowards in the world.

If we cannot freely, and without reservation, acknowledge sacrifice (whether we agree with the cause or not) of those who respond to a higher calling, then why bother at all? He may as well have just slapped the next solider he comes across in the face.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back