Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes'

GE/NBC is such a mess. Maddcow lies about 'Romney Shoeshine'...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ZMT77Sbeo]Maddow on Kornacki gaffe: shoeshine, security check, whatever - YouTube[/ame]

Maddcow getting busted for lying again. This one is very awkward and embarrassing. But also pretty hilarious...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rifGntoANcg]MSNBC's Rachel Maddow's #Fail on Gary Johnson endorsing Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

We're entitled to our opinions. Chris has his and I have mine. Fortunately for the public MSNBC has always had poor viewer ratings. Perhaps he was just trying a bit of controversy to stimulate a otherwise very tedious program. For me the key word is "fallen", as in the ultimate sacrifice.

I KNOW men that WENT OVER THERE.

Where the fuck do you get the right to tell them WHY THEY WENT?

Good God Almighty the hubris of ideological nitwits never ceases to amaze me.

Edit: and no, I am not calling you an ideological nitwit, but you do seem to imbibe their Kool Aid more than the CDC recommends.

Congratulations, I knew men that went over there too, mainly because they were in my unit. Even they didn't know why the fuck they were going.

Maybe that is simply what they told YOU.

They signed up for SOME reason, even if they did not care to share that reason with you.

Because you obviously know the people I served with better than I did.:cuckoo:

The main point that I took from Hayes comment is that it is difficult to label victimized pawns as "heroes". He was not degrading their service, but to assign the label "hero" a heroic deed must have taken place. Giving your life in defense of your country certainly fits that description. But giving your life for a political agenda, oil, a son's revenge, or whatever the reason may have been, is just unfortunate and unnecessary. He was pointing out that it's uncalled-for to label every single serviceman and servicewoman a hero just have dying, regardless of the reason why they died.

Last edited:
Congratulations, I knew men that went over there too, mainly because they were in my unit. Even they didn't know why the fuck they were going.

They signed up for SOME reason, even if they did not care to share that reason with you.

Lol, did they sign up or what?

They obviously had some reason, and they didnt share it with you.

Dont mean to hoit your feelings, bud, but dems de fax.

Lol, did they sign up or what?

They obviously had some reason, and they didnt share it with you.

Dont mean to hoit your feelings, bud, but dems de fax.

They did share. Most of the time it was financial, benefits, family history, no other direction in life, wanted to travel, and occasionally to specifically defend the country.

You 'applaud' his right? What a very odd thing to 'applaud'. You might 'support' his right - I certain do... but 'applaud'? Why?

Because of what the dumbass said, not just the right, as we all know.

Libtards keep dishing out the neoMarxist anti-US bullshit and all the time try to hide it behind the freedoms that we have guarranteed them to in this country and the veterans they cant honor have fought, bled and died for them to have.

They are fucking disgraces if they cant manage a simple thing like calling those who have died for their freedom 'heroes'.

Fucking pathetic.

But 'applaud' seems an odd word to choose. One might 'applaud' what he said... I don't... but 'applauding' his right to say it? That's a totally different comment. Or maybe Lahokta is just too dumb to know when to 'applaud' and when to 'support'.

Since I posted you doing the same exact thing, you're beginning to sound a bit stupid.

By the way it means to approve, or commend. I guess if you don't find the right to free speech commendable,

or worthy of approval, you might find Lahkota's usage 'odd'.

So which cause was more 'righteous' in our own Civil War?

Each had their own kind of righteousness.

My family came down from Indiana and some of them fought for the North, but I can understand why the Southern states would want to end a union that was led by men who no longer needed even one Southern state in Presidential elections. The North had grown so large in population, commerce, industry and tchnology while the South slumbered on that there was not equality between the regions any more and the South was not even a little partner; just in the Yankees way of Progress.

The whole thing was tragic, but unavoidable in many ways.

I asked you which one was more righteous,

as in,

a. the one to preserve the union and ultimately end slavery, or,

b. the one to tear our nation in half for the purpose of preserving the institution of slavery.

You're the one who set righteousness of the cause as the measure of degrees of heroism.

We need him to stand in front of the troops if he doesnt want to stand behind them

Actually I've never heard of this idiot before, but thats because he on MSNBC

2012-05-27MSNBCUWCHHayes.JPG

True to that liberal penchant of discounting the brave men and women that serve in our nation's armed forces, I introduce to you a lowly personage named Chris Hayes, a left-wing MSNBC host whose show "Up" airs on the weekend.

This weekend Hayes felt compelled to warn everyone that calling our troops "heroes" is something that should make us all "uncomfortable."

Video...

Chris Hayes: I'm 'Uncomfortable' Calling Fallen Military 'Heroes' | NewsBusters.org

Fuck Chris Hayes, whoever he is.

Fuck you, whoever you are.

I dont give a fuck who this guy is but to put down and say these guys are not heroes is wrong. They put their life on the line for our freedoms. They do not pick the wars. That is our leaders. They just follow their orders. If it not for people in the military we would not have the freedoms we have even though the dictator in chief is taking them away from us a little at a time.

Here is what he said, from your OP link:

CHRIS HAYES: Thinking today and observing Memorial Day, that'll be happening tomorrow. Just talked with Lt. Col. Steve Burke [sic, actually Beck], who was a casualty officer with the Marines and had to tell people [inaudible]. Um, I, I, ah, back sorry, um, I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Um, and, ah, ah, why do I feel so comfortable [sic] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable, ah, uncomfortable, about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

What he said is he doesn't like using the word hero to describe fallen soldiers, then he offered a pathetically wishy washy rationalization for that position.

Do you agree with that wishy washy position, or do you think all the blacks that died were killed in Vietnam were heroes?

Nothing quite like manufactured outraged based on out-of-context quotes.

That just screams "truthiness" to me.

the people who work their little minds into a frenzy to hate others cant be bothered with any worry about trying to actually understand what people say. They have a postion to protect which is much more important to them any human beings lives and or facts and intelligent converstaion.

Their are ideas are right wether they have historically failed over and over and over or not.

If it was that simple this would have a clear left/right divide in the outrage. Unfortunately for you, there are a few lefties who get the fact that soldiers are heroes.

https://twitter.com/brendanloy/status/206945252408442880

I just love how Cons like to routinely (and rightly) blast Political Correctness™, but have no problem practicing their own version of it.

Forum List

Back