Chris Hayes Envisions A World Where No One Has A Job Mining Coal

Or do you want to see your electric bills double? Choice is yours, Kiddies...

Let's keep a closed mind to any possible technological advances, shall we?

After all, its the United States and we can't actually accomplish anything.

:rolleyes-41:

Would you be opposed to technological advance which would enable to burn coal clean, capture and re-use the by product of that burning?

If more money were devoted to that effort and less to the Don Quixote pipe dreams of wind mills it could be accomplished.

"After all, its the United States and we can't actually accomplish anything."

Chris is right. We will have alternative fuels no matter how much the Right fights them.

See how far you can get with those sun panels on the top of your car on a cloudy day.

Or with the wind blades on a day when there is no wind.

Or with dead batteries in your all electric car, because you were too proud to charge it up with electricity which was created by burning that evil coal.

Who in their right mind would actually want a job mining coal?

Coal mining is a very high paying job in some States where high wages simply don't exist otherwise. The person that wants a job mining coal is a high school graduate that can make $70,000 to $80,000 a year working in the mines. Take that job away and what's he going to do...work at McDonalds for $8 an hour?

And what's the average lifespan for a coal miner? What's his useful life as a worker?

The good reason why we want to move away from coal is that it's a very dirty fuel that messes up the atmosphere. It's also dangerous to mine, especially when you have big corporations busting those unions that get those guys 70K and provide safety.

Who in their right mind would actually want a job mining coal?

Coal mining is a very high paying job in some States where high wages simply don't exist otherwise. The person that wants a job mining coal is a high school graduate that can make $70,000 to $80,000 a year working in the mines. Take that job away and what's he going to do...work at McDonalds for $8 an hour?

And what's the average lifespan for a coal miner? What's his useful life as a worker?

The good reason why we want to move away from coal is that it's a very dirty fuel that messes up the atmosphere. It's also dangerous to mine, especially when you have big corporations busting those unions that get those guys 70K and provide safety.

Should we also "move away" from fishing, logging, steel working and farming, Joey? All of them are rated as more dangerous than being a miner...most of them pay far less than being a miner. And what would you have all those miners in West Virginia and Kentucky DO once you've taken away their employment opportunity?

Yes, coal is a "dirty" fuel. So why aren't we further developing ways to burn it that DON'T mess up the atmosphere? Instead of doing THAT...the Left has decided that we need to ban the use of coal even though doing so would double the cost of energy for the country.

What's absurd is that even if the US DID stop using coal...other nations such as India and China are using more and more of it! Wouldn't it make more sense to develop the technology to burn coal cleanly and then share that technology with less developed countries? Or is that too common sense an approach for a head in the sand liberal like yourself?

What's absurd is that even if the US DID stop using coal...other nations such as India and China are using more and more of it! Wouldn't it make more sense to develop the technology to burn coal cleanly and then share that technology with less developed countries? Or is that too common sense an approach for a head in the sand liberal like yourself?

If we ain't mining it, they can't burn it.

If we ain't mining it, they can't burn it.

Because as we all know...the only place on earth where coal is mined is the United States!!!

Do you not realize that China and India ALONE produce over 50% of the coal mined each year? By contrast the US produces about 12%. It's in strings like this one, Joe that you show an appalling ignorance about the world you live in!

Should we also "move away" from fishing, logging, steel working and farming, Joey? All of them are rated as more dangerous than being a miner...most of them pay far less than being a miner.

I was referring to long term health problems, not physical danger, but you keep up with your crazy, I love Greed rants, dude.
The life expectancy of loggers, fishermen and long haul truckers are ALL shorter than that of a miner, Joe. Care to try again?

Because as we all know...the only place on earth where coal is mined is the United States!!!

Do you not realize that China and India ALONE produce over 50% of the coal mined each year? By contrast the US produces about 12%. It's in strings like this one, Joe that you show an appalling ignorance about the world you live in!

Yes, I'm happy to leave these backward countries with the cutting edge fuel of the 19th century.

Hayes is a brilliant young man and its people like him who are the hope of our planet and of those who live miserable lives digging coal. But giving more money to the ultra-wealthy is more important to the right than a life of dignity and health for the poor. And, its certainly more important than the planet we are leaving to our children.
She thinks it is good that people depend on jobs that are dangerous and detrimental to their health.

Yes, I'm happy to leave these backward countries with the cutting edge fuel of the 19th century.

Why would you be "happy" that China and India's use of coal will get greater even as we reduce ours? Correct me if I'm wrong, Sparky...but don't we inhabit the same planet? Instead of an idiotically naive energy policy that ignores reality...don't you think we'd be better served working to learn how to burn coal cleanly and then sharing that technology with those "backward countries" instead of ignoring their ever increasing use of coal while we saddle our own nation with the inflated costs of "green energy"?

Or would that make too much SENSE?:disbelief::disbelief::disbelief:

Or do you want to see your electric bills double? Choice is yours, Kiddies...

Let's keep a closed mind to any possible technological advances, shall we?

After all, its the United States and we can't actually accomplish anything.

:rolleyes-41:
Funny how the people who say they're all for technological advances tend to dismiss the best most efficient way to produce abundant emission free electricity

Nuclear

Now you see why Progressives have a 100% Fail rate at running an economy

Really? The economy was pretty awesome under Truman, JFK, LBJ and Clinton.

On the other hand, you haven't had a Republican who didn't stick us with at least one recession or depression.

When I was growing up in the 1970's, my parents used to say Democrats gave us wars and Republicans gave us Recessions.

Now Republicans give us both.

Forum List

Back