Chris Hayes Envisions A World Where No One Has A Job Mining Coal

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
omg, Hayes is a stupid hack. No wonder their ratings are in the toilet. a video at the site

SNIP:

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
October 6, 2014 9:16 pm
MSNBC host Chris Hayes told United Mine Workers of America President Cecil Roberts that “in 50 years, no one should have a job mining coal in the world.”
Roberts, who also serves as vice president of the AFL-CIO, pushed back on Hayes’s comments, telling him to “accept science” just as Hayes wants him to “accept science” supporting climate change.
“You know and I know that’s not going to happen,” Roberts said. “Let’s talk about reality: Do you really believe that in your lifetime, you’re a young man, that you’re going to see the day that China stops using coal or even cuts back on using? No, you’re going to be 85 years old, heading into 90 years old looking to be on that Smuckers jar, and China is going to be burning more coal than they are right now, and India is going to be burning huge amounts of coal.”

ALL of it here:
Chris Hayes Envisions A World Where No One Has A Job Mining Coal Washington Free Beacon

Hayes is a brilliant young man and its people like him who are the hope of our planet and of those who live miserable lives digging coal. But giving more money to the ultra-wealthy is more important to the right than a life of dignity and health for the poor. And, its certainly more important than the planet we are leaving to our children.

Hayes is a brilliant young man and its people like him who are the hope of our planet and of those who live miserable lives digging coal. But giving more money to the ultra-wealthy is more important to the right than a life of dignity and health for the poor. And, its certainly more important than the planet we are leaving to our children.
:slap:

Can you envision your own miserable life without coal or other hydrocarbons?

Who in their right mind would actually want a job mining coal?

Coal mining is a very high paying job in some States where high wages simply don't exist otherwise. The person that wants a job mining coal is a high school graduate that can make $70,000 to $80,000 a year working in the mines. Take that job away and what's he going to do...work at McDonalds for $8 an hour?

Coal mining is a very high paying job in some States where high wages simply don't exist otherwise. The person that wants a job mining coal is a high school graduate that can make $70,000 to $80,000 a year working in the mines. Take that job away and what's he going to do...work at McDonalds for $8 an hour?

Not true, of course.

In FACT, if you're talking about a coal miner, its not even close.

Coal Mining - May 2013 OES Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

Not to mention the illness and injury rate:

Coal Mining Injuries Illnesses and Fatalities Fact Sheet

If you want to learn more ...
BLS Search Results

omg, Hayes is a stupid hack. No wonder their ratings are in the toilet. a video at the site

SNIP:

MSNBC host Chris Hayes told United Mine Workers of America President Cecil Roberts that “in 50 years, no one should have a job mining coal in the world.”
Roberts, who also serves as vice president of the AFL-CIO, pushed back on Hayes’s comments, telling him to “accept science” just as Hayes wants him to “accept science” supporting climate change.
“You know and I know that’s not going to happen,” Roberts said. “Let’s talk about reality: Do you really believe that in your lifetime, you’re a young man, that you’re going to see the day that China stops using coal or even cuts back on using? No, you’re going to be 85 years old, heading into 90 years old looking to be on that Smuckers jar, and China is going to be burning more coal than they are right now, and India is going to be burning huge amounts of coal.”

ALL of it here:
Chris Hayes Envisions A World Where No One Has A Job Mining Coal Washington Free Beacon

If there is coal mining, it will be done with machines not people, people will be operating the machines from a distance.
Just like to drones in Afghanistan.

Not true, of course.

In FACT, if you're talking about a coal miner, its not even close.

Coal Mining - May 2013 OES Industry-Specific Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates

Not to mention the illness and injury rate:

Coal Mining Injuries Illnesses and Fatalities Fact Sheet

If you want to learn more ...
BLS Search Results

I based my $70,000 to $80,000 figure on a statement that Rand Paul made last night and stand corrected. The figure would actually be closer to $50,000. That doesn't change my point however, Luddly! What OTHER occupation is a high school graduate in Kentucky or West Virginia going to do that is going to bring in $50,000 a year? That's a huge amount of money in that region of the country and if you take that away you ARE going to subject thousands of people who would normally be gainfully employed to unemployment and economic destitution.

Or do you want to see your electric bills double? Choice is yours, Kiddies...

Let's keep a closed mind to any possible technological advances, shall we?

After all, its the United States and we can't actually accomplish anything.

:rolleyes-41:

Let's keep an open mind to any possible technological advances that would allow us to burn coal...an abundant resource of the US...and keep out energy costs at a rate that Americans can afford!

I wonder if chris also envisions a world where corporations are banned,no one works.
Government provides for all our needs.Leaving all of us free to frolick in the forests,free to write poetry to engage in love with both sexes without shame or fear of retribution.

In other words....

Liberal Utopia.

SNIP:

ALL of it here:

Why should a

SNIP:

ALL of it here:

Why should industrialist be allowed to pollute the air and water so that China and India get coal? We have companies that have blown up hundreds of mountaintops in Appalachia so they could get at the coal easier. Time to nationalize the energy resources and say coal for America only and nothing for export.

SNIP:

ALL of it here:

Why should a

SNIP:

ALL of it here:

Why should industrialist be allowed to pollute the air and water so that China and India get coal? We have companies that have blown up hundreds of mountaintops in Appalachia so they could get at the coal easier and use fewer mine employees at the same time. Time to nationalize the energy resources and say coal for America only and nothing for export.

Forum List

Back