Chris Christie

Discuss... Inspired by this thread title: We need strong-willed, principled conservative Republican as president

Think about it. He is Trump who actually has verbal self control. And unlike Trump, Christie has experience with leading a body of people and the whole workings of a complicated state; instead of telling them to fuck off and that they're fired if they rebut any of his ideas. Christie gets things done working with people instead of lording over them like a narcissistic tyrant.

Plus, we all know who the dems have to nominate. So, imagine the final product of the GOP winnowing... The candidate will have to be able to stand up to Hillary in debates. Christie worries democratic Kingmaker Rachael Maddow with the rainbow agenda. The dems are all rattled by Christie. He's a prosecutor. Who better to go face to face with the dem's George-Soros-funded candidate and win?

Imagine:

Ben Carson vs Hillary, Rubio vs Hillary, the second coming of Dubya vs Hillary, Kasich vs Hillary, the unelectable Canadian birth certificate Cruz vs Hillary, Fiorina vs Hillary...

There are only two people who can stand up to a Hillary candidacy and win. Trump or Christie. Trump is off the rails. That leaves Christie. For me it's a process of elimination.. Christie has the no-BS allure of Trump, minus a pathological personality.. He could easily assimilate Trump's flock.. And I believe Christie's moxy could lead our country back to sanity and stability.
This is why I'm so glad he pulled that bridge scandal. Hugging Obama wouldnt have hurt him in a general election. Think about it. Will any conservative stay home if it means Bernie or hillary will be president? No way. Republicans will fully support whoever is the GOP nominee. And if not for the bridge scandal, he was money. Very honest smart and we'll spoken and not a right wingers. He may have won.

I'm not afraid of anyone else. Maybe kasich but he reminds me of Dole.

To be honest, I'm not feeling confident Bernie or hillary will win. But I felt this way when we first nominated aa young black guy.

Christie is the only one equipped to assimilate Trump's flock. If they push anyone else forward, instead of a unified step into Christie's camp, the former Trumpsters will scatter....and there's no predicting where that mish mash will wind up...some Christie...some Sanders...some Clinton.. I guess the GOP wants a scattering instead of an en masse migration to the GOP nominee... Christie is Trump's saner twin. All the others are what the Trumpsters find repugnant..

...whatever...they're all a stupid as the day is long. A year from now they'll be talking about it on Fox News...why they lost to Sanders or Clinton...It'll come up. You mark my words. One of the talking heads will say with shame and look down, "I wonder if we could've taken it if Christie took on all those Trump followers..?"

All I know is that Mr. Christie did a kamikaze suicide move when he went after Rubio and just as expected he popped like a balloon. That's a lot of balloon to be popping btw. Good Riddance to Christie and hopefully we will never have to hear another word out of his nasty and disrespectful mouth.

All I know is that Mr. Christie did a kamikaze suicide move when he went after Rubio and just as expected he popped like a balloon. That's a lot of balloon to be popping btw. Good Riddance to Christie and hopefully we will never have to hear another word out of his nasty and disrespectful mouth.
Only with the establishment voters. If he had been helped to assimilate Trump's people with that move, they would've voted him the winner hands down. See what I mean? The wishy washy voters who are splitting up the losing votes between 9 people (3 of which, the Canadian, the boy wonder and W-2 are unelectable) are the type that don't admire that.. But even then we have no proof of that. Essentially Christie wasn't hurt or helped... he just stayed the same. And that's because the GOP fumbled their golden goose and didn't handle his PR properly.

The majority of voters supported Christie's move; the problem is though that they're backing his twin, Donald Trump. The trouble is the GOP hasn't figured out that they could replace Christie for Trump and actually get a real republican in Office instead of 2016's version of Ralph Nader..

If the Christie/Trump situation was handled properly, there could be an assimilation. But instead what will happen now is a scattering if the GOP somehow unseats Trump with the lame-lineup left and don't scatter those followers to the 7 winds in the process.. They HAD a replacement for Trump. But they just nudged that man out the door today and waved goodbye..

Last edited:
Christie is the only one equipped to assimilate Trump's flock. If they push anyone else forward, instead of a unified step into Christie's camp, the former Trumpsters will scatter....and there's no predicting where that mish mash will wind up...some Christie...some Sanders...some Clinton.. I guess the GOP wants a scattering instead of an en masse migration to the GOP nominee... Christie is Trump's saner twin. All the others are what the Trumpsters find repugnant..

...whatever...they're all a stupid as the day is long. A year from now they'll be talking about it on Fox News...why they lost to Sanders or Clinton...It'll come up. You mark my words. One of the talking heads will say with shame and look down, "I wonder if we could've taken it if Christie took on all those Trump followers..?"

Will this be as accurate a prediction as your legal ones? :p

Forum List

Back