Chris Christie

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Discuss... Inspired by this thread title: We need strong-willed, principled conservative Republican as president

Think about it. He is Trump who actually has verbal self control. And unlike Trump, Christie has experience with leading a body of people and the whole workings of a complicated state; instead of telling them to fuck off and that they're fired if they rebut any of his ideas. Christie gets things done working with people instead of lording over them like a narcissistic tyrant.

Plus, we all know who the dems have to nominate. So, imagine the final product of the GOP winnowing... The candidate will have to be able to stand up to Hillary in debates. Christie worries democratic Kingmaker Rachael Maddow with the rainbow agenda. The dems are all rattled by Christie. He's a prosecutor. Who better to go face to face with the dem's George-Soros-funded candidate and win?

Imagine:

Ben Carson vs Hillary, Rubio vs Hillary, the second coming of Dubya vs Hillary, Kasich vs Hillary, the unelectable Canadian birth certificate Cruz vs Hillary, Fiorina vs Hillary...

There are only two people who can stand up to a Hillary candidacy and win. Trump or Christie. Trump is off the rails. That leaves Christie. For me it's a process of elimination.. Christie has the no-BS allure of Trump, minus a pathological personality.. He could easily assimilate Trump's flock.. And I believe Christie's moxy could lead our country back to sanity and stability.

Last edited:
"principled conservative"

Oxymoron.
When talking about middle voters, where this election will be won, I feel pretty confident that if voters weigh which party is more principled, they'll pick the one that isn't funded by George Soros' money.. The middle don't just come to the trough and feed when you ring pavlov's bell. They think. And they remember.

Discuss... Inspired by this thread title: We need strong-willed, principled conservative Republican as president

Think about it. He is Trump who actually has verbal self control. And unlike Trump, Christie has experience with leading a body of people and the whole workings of a complicated state; instead of telling them to fuck off and that they're fired if they rebut any of his ideas. Christie gets things done working with people instead of lording over them like a narcissistic tyrant.

Plus, we all know who the dems have to nominate. So, imagine the final product of the GOP winnowing... The candidate will have to be able to stand up to Hillary in debates. Christie worries democratic Kingmaker Rachael Maddow with the rainbow agenda. The dems are all rattled by Christie. He's a prosecutor. Who better to go face to face with the dem's George-Soros-funded candidate and win?

Imagine:

Ben Carson vs Hillary, Rubio vs Hillary, the second coming of Dubya vs Hillary, Kasich vs Hillary, the unelectable Canadian birth certificate Cruz vs Hillary, Fiorina vs Hillary...

There are only two people who can stand up to a Hillary candidacy and win. Trump or Christie. Trump is off the rails. That leaves Christie. For me it's a process of elimination.. Christie has the no-BS allure of Trump, minus a pathological personality.. He could easily assimilate Trump's flock.. And I believe Christie's moxy could lead our country back to sanity and stability.
But, does he have the support of the voters?

Nothing against Christy but the part of the OP premise I'm not sold on is that he and Trump are the only ones that stand a chance up against Hillary. She's got her hands full simply against Bernie which is further indication that a good many folks even in her own party just can't stand her.

I have personally never seen a more qualified field of candidates EVAH either left or right. I hope at the end of the day when the gloves come off and the dust settles we can applaud them all.

If there is one thing we really should be grateful for no matter who you back is when Trump entered the ring he brought a fight that touched a nerve and made all the candidates step up to the plate and he didn't let them become wishy washy .

But most importantly he drew the media fire. They could go out and torpedo every primary candidate one by one like they did in 2008 and 2012 basically choosing the R Candidate by process of elimination.

Not this time.

Too cool people. And I also think that the off the top ropes, chair shots, and the van daminator moves he put on the media emboldened other candidates to not let the media get the best of them.

This has been the best primary season I've ever witnessed. YAY.

I think Kasich is a nice man, but I can't handle watching him talk. I can listen, but his lips drive my buggy.

Governor Christie supports gun control laws. He has supported the assault weapons ban, opposes concealed carry laws, and supports the New Jersey one gun per month law.

While running for Assemblyman in 1995 Chris Christie put out a campaign flyer noting his support for the assault weapons ban. He called the support for repealing the ban dangerous, crazy, and radical.

In 2009 while seeking the Governor's office in 2009, US Attorney Christie put out a fact sheet noting that he supported New Jersey's gun laws and opposed concealed carry laws. He mocked the idea that he "stood with the NRA."

Chris Christie - The Second Amendment

Mark Levin opened his show tonight pounding Chris Christie for being far more liberal on issues than he’d have you believe. Levin did this in response to Christie pounding on Marco Rubio this weekend, while holding himself up as the patron saint of governors.

Mark Levin exposes Chris Christie’s liberal record
Yes. He is a progressive and an elitist. He probably differs from Big Ears and Cankles only slightly. The elites would love it if he won the nomination, since they own him.

Why did Chris Christie get into politics in the first place...confronted with his own words...he bald face lies...

Even when confronted by Fox News’ Bret Baier with his own words Tuesday evening, Gov. Chris Christie denied that he got into a race in order to keep New Jersey’s assault weapon ban in place.

Baier showed Christie a quote from the April 15, 1993 edition of the Star-Ledger in which Christie is quoted as saying during his campaign for state Senate, “The issue which energized me to get into this race is the recent attempt by certain Republican legislators to repeal New Jersey’s ban on assault weapons.”

Christie said it was 22 years ago and “I don’t remember. … It doesn’t sound like me.” He sarcastically commented that the newspaper couldn’t have got the quote wrong.

Read More: Christie in '93: I got into race to keep NJ's assault weapons ban | Christie in '93: I got into race to keep NJ's assault weapons ban

Governor Christie supports gun control laws. He has supported the assault weapons ban, opposes concealed carry laws, and supports the New Jersey one gun per month law....While running for Assemblyman in 1995 Chris Christie put out a campaign flyer noting his support for the assault weapons ban. He called the support for repealing the ban dangerous, crazy, and radical...In 2009 while seeking the Governor's office in 2009, US Attorney Christie put out a fact sheet noting that he supported New Jersey's gun laws and opposed concealed carry laws. He mocked the idea that he "stood with the NRA."

Chris Christie - The Second Amendment
You're aware that the GOP candidate will be up against Hillary? You're aware I suppose that if the middle (the people who support Christie's moderation and control of gun violence in the violent state he manages) doesn't elect the GOP candidate, then the NRA is going to have a real bugger of a time with Hillary at the Helm?

Christie is electable. And he is a true conservative in that he would never capitulate fully to the wild and insane rambling and unending demands of the lunatic left. Christie's conservative ballast would be the usual powers behind the scenes anyway; as they always are no matter who is president. That's why Dick is trying to get Liz a position of power in DC. He's getting old and he wants the dynasty machine to run without a blip...

...His ghost will probably haunt the Oval Office forever, throwing staplers and coffee mugs at any president not catering to his private enterprises...on public funds...

Looks like as of right now, Christie is in the top four in New Hampshire. Rubio fell even behind Dubya-#2... We could just shorten Jeb Bush's moniker to "W-2".

(Folks, Ted Cruz has a Canadian birth certificate and Hillary will have the dem's five pocket Justices put a quick end to his run upon inevitable challenge. Hillary is a lawyer. She graduated from Yale. This is no small threat...)

New Hampshire primary
Last updated Feb 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM EST
Feb 923 delegates
1% reporting Vote %
Cruz 24.3%
Kasich 24.3%
Trump 24.3%
Christie 8.1%
Bush 5.4%
Rubio 5.4%
Carson 2.7%
Fiorina 2.7%
Paul 2.7%
Gilmore 0.0%
Graham 0.0%
Huckabee 0.0%
Jindal 0.0%
Pataki 0.0%
Santorum 0.0%
Source: AP

Last edited:
Christie is clinically morbidly obese and a heart attack waiting to happen. He can't control his eating. He can't control his admin either. People in New Jersey do not like him. State credit rating downgraded 8 times under his watch. Foreclosures highest in the country now. He's an unmitigated failure

Governor Christie supports gun control laws. He has supported the assault weapons ban, opposes concealed carry laws, and supports the New Jersey one gun per month law.

thank you for posting that and I hope it is true.
Kasich is my first choice. But with you demonstrating the Christie has more common sense than I first thought, maybe I will look much harder at him.

But, does he have the support of the voters?

I said in the OP that Christie's appeal is very similar to Trump's hard-hitting no BS approach. Only, minus pathological tendencies. He could easily assimilate Trump's flock. And that flock is quite large.

Forum List

Back