Chris Christie drops out of GOP primary

Well, considering that she's in second place and only 7 points behind Trump in the NH polls, and their election is only 2 weeks away, if Christie threw his support in behind Haley, she could very possibly become the front runner.

I don't know where you're getting this from but Trump is dominating the polls everywhere and winning in a landslide.

I don't know where you're getting this from but Trump is dominating the polls everywhere and winning in a landslide.

Well, the OP updated their post, and there's a reference in post 1 about the numbers in the NH poll. But, you can look up the current poll numbers yourself. And, this early in the race, being only 7 points ahead isn't really dominating or a landslide. But, keep up with the blind support of Trump if that's what helps you sleep at night.

Only Spaz could make an OP about Chris Christie to be about Trump. 🙄
Because, ultimately, it is. DeSantis and Haley have no chance either. But because of the money and donor hoping against hope that there will be a Trump alternative to prevent the disaster looming in November, they press on.
We haven't even reached the first caucus yet, and he's managed to clear 2/3rds of the Republican field.
The race will be over by Super Tuesday. And I'm being VERY generous.

Last edited:
If Christie were to throw his support (and voters) in with Haley, it could make her the front runner and maybe Trump wouldn't get the nomination. I know there are a lot of Republicans out there hoping for anyone but Trump for their nominee.

If Christie throws his support to Haley, New Hampshire comes to Trump ahead by only 3 percent

Well, considering that she's in second place and only 7 points behind Trump in the NH polls, and their election is only 2 weeks away, if Christie threw his support in behind Haley, she could very possibly become the front runner.
She's a bit further behind than that. The only thing that gives her momentum is a strong 2nd place finish in Iowa and a win in NH. Because she is badly behind in her home state of SC.

If it happens, it will help Nikki.

I see it as helping DeSantis not be forced out if he doesn't have a big showing in Iowa. It will be interesting if Christie does endorse and who it would be. I think he's pissed off at Sununu endorsing Haley after Sununu said he wasn't gonna endorse anyone.

Nothing confirmed yet (Update: now confirmed), but there are multiple reports on social media that's it's coming shortly. I suspected this would be the case. Christie has no realistic chance of getting the nomination and staying in the race is only splitting up the anti-Trump vote. Trump is polling under 40% now in the New Hampshire primary. It's probable most of Christie's support will go to Haley and that could put her over the top in that state. I imagine Christie has ultimately been convinced by the donors and the party apparatus that it's best for him to bow out for the sake of saving the party from another Trump disaster.

Don't count those chickens yet.

Forum List

Back