Chris Christie

Christie is clinically morbidly obese and a heart attack waiting to happen. He can't control his eating. He can't control his admin either. People in New Jersey do not like him. State credit rating downgraded 8 times under his watch. Foreclosures highest in the country now. He's an unmitigated failure

1. Christie would last longer in Office than either Grandma Hillary or Grandpa Sanders.. especially with a physical therapy support staff and dietician 24/7 (they all get them anyway and Christie's would be tailored to his needs). Christie can lose weight. But if years were pounds, Hillary and Sanders are the ones who are morbidly obese without hope.. Remember, the GOP candidate will be weighed against (pardon the pun) the dem candidate; either of which has one foot in the grave..

2. Nobody can completely control every single person working their own private agenda on staff. Some are good; others are rotters cutting deals on the down low.

3. For people not liking him, Christie keeps getting re-elected. NoTeaPartyPleez is using logic like "because Prop 8 passed in California, that means most people support gay marraige".. Just in complete contradiction to the the colossal evidence to the contrary.

4. The American credit rating was being downgraded at the same time. How many other states are bankrupt though no fault of their management after the economic crash? New Jersey isn't the only one. Look at it this way... Christie has experience with a state in economic peril, struggling to come back. Likely he's already been learning from mistakes and progressing on a doctorate in the school of hard knocks to apply the benefits he gained in learning to our country as a whole.. Unlike other more rigid people, the thing that impresses me the most about Christie is his ability to learn, to be flexible and think quickly on his feet while the flack is flying around his head.

5. Unmitigated failures don't keep getting popularly re-elected. See #3.

Last edited:
Governor Christie supports gun control laws. He has supported the assault weapons ban, opposes concealed carry laws, and supports the New Jersey one gun per month law....While running for Assemblyman in 1995 Chris Christie put out a campaign flyer noting his support for the assault weapons ban. He called the support for repealing the ban dangerous, crazy, and radical...In 2009 while seeking the Governor's office in 2009, US Attorney Christie put out a fact sheet noting that he supported New Jersey's gun laws and opposed concealed carry laws. He mocked the idea that he "stood with the NRA."

Chris Christie - The Second Amendment
You're aware that the GOP candidate will be up against Hillary? You're aware I suppose that if the middle (the people who support Christie's moderation and control of gun violence in the violent state he manages) doesn't elect the GOP candidate, then the NRA is going to have a real bugger of a time with Hillary at the Helm?

Christie is electable. And he is a true conservative in that he would never capitulate fully to the wild and insane rambling and unending demands of the lunatic left. Christie's conservative ballast would be the usual powers behind the scenes anyway; as they always are no matter who is president. That's why Dick is trying to get Liz a position of power in DC. He's getting old and he wants the dynasty machine to run without a blip...

...His ghost will probably haunt the Oval Office forever, throwing staplers and coffee mugs at any president not catering to his private enterprises...on public funds...

Christie is not a true conservative...if that's what you are looking for, you have one choice, and that's Cruz. He's the only true conservative of the bunch. Christie is the absolutely most liberal of the GOP candidates.

And his gun record makes him unelectable...just like Romney, who was his virtual policy twin...being in favor of the assault weapons ban...before he was conveniently against it, and being anti-conceal carry. And we saw what happened to him...2008 McCain received 59.9 million votes. 2012 Romney received 57.1 million votes. Two million voters who voted in 2008 stayed home in 2012. FWIW in 2012 Obama received 59.8 million votes, 100,000 less than McCain in 2008.

Proof positive? No. Strong correlation? Yes.

The middle IS NOT looking for a true conservative. What part about the middle don't people get? They're in the middle, the bloc that will decide this election, precisely because they don't subscribe to political extremes. Hillary is more center than Sanders...and this is the ultimate reason the dems will run her. Christie isn't in danger of putting on a hammer and sickle armband. TRUST that he would never do that...

The middle IS NOT looking for a true conservative. What part about the middle don't people get? They're in the middle, the bloc that will decide this election, precisely because they don't subscribe to political extremes. Hillary is more center than Sanders...and this is the ultimate reason the dems will run her. Christie isn't in danger of putting on a hammer and sickle armband. TRUST that he would never do that...

There's a difference between Middle and Unaffiliated.

But, does he have the support of the voters?

I said in the OP that Christie's appeal is very similar to Trump's hard-hitting no BS approach. Only, minus pathological tendencies. He could easily assimilate Trump's flock. And that flock is quite large.

How many times do you post the same tripe in each thread? Are you repeating stuff like Rubio did during the last debate?

Not substantively. True hard conservatives would only vote for a hard conservative and they would do so without blinking an eyelash. The very phenomenon of someone saying they are not affiliated means they have given up on the political extremes and are thinking for themselves; unless they're going in another extreme direction and following like a sheep behind a strong persona like Trump, like a cult...

This is why Christie is popular, he has that same strong personality without pathology. They would vote for him instead.

Not substantively. True hard conservatives would only vote for a hard conservative and they would do so without blinking an eyelash. The very phenomenon of someone saying they are not affiliated means they have given up on the political extremes and are thinking for themselves; unless they're going in another extreme direction and following like a sheep behind a strong persona like Trump, like a cult...

This is why Christie is popular, he has that same strong personality without pathology. They would vote for him instead.

I don't agree with your description of political extremes. The two parties are very similar when it comes to how they govern.

Anybody notice Christiev is as wide as he is tall?
Anybody notice that people on the left as elektra has proven that s/he is in posting style are fearful of Chris Christie? I have. In fact my interest in him was piqued when Rachael Maddow pre-emptively went after him last year on a witch hunt about a traffic snarl in his state. Immediately I thought "now why is the LGBT Agenda petrified of Chris Christie?" The more Maddow went on about it, the more certain I was.

Also odd, the media will interview and make speculations about all the candidates EXCEPT Christie. And when they do squeak out a little comment about him here or there, it's always in the derogatory, minimizing the impact of his campaign to the point of religion. Yeah, we noticed.

Which makes me like him all the more... :eusa_clap:

Besides "elektra" this isn't a fashion show where the mindless herd votes for their favorite narcissist celebrity to run the free world. I'll take Christie's ample booty as long as it matches his patriotism and ability to think on his feet and make the hard decisions necessary to bring this dying country back to her feet..

Last edited:
Anybody notice that people on the left as elektra has proven that s/he is in posting style are fearful of Chris Christie? I have. In fact my interest in him was piqued when Rachael Maddow pre-emptively went after him last year on a witch hunt about a traffic snarl in his state. Immediately I thought "now why is the LGBT Agenda petrified of Chris Christie?" The more Maddow went on about it, the more certain I was.

Also odd, the media will interview and make speculations about all the candidates EXCEPT Christie. And when they do squeak out a little comment about him here or there, it's always in the derogatory, minimizing the impact of his campaign to the point of religion.

Ever notice how the fakes like silhouette dont understand true conservatives such as me.

Christie walked arm and arm with Obama on ObamaCare. Christie supports amnesty for Illegals, New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation. New Jersey is a total mess.

Ever notice that Christie is as wide as he is tall? That aint my line, true conservatives know who said that 1st.

Christie has no self control, he is a real bully and coward who refuses to answer why his state is a total wreck.

Last edited:
Christie voted for Sotomayer, supports Planned Parenthood with contributions, supports the ban on "assault" rifles, unfriendly to the 2nd A, Jersey style, supports Common Core, etc. hardly a conservative.

Christie ain't the guy. There's a reason he's polling at 2.5 percent. You should switch over to Trump. Christie lies as much as Hillary. I mean the guy bald faced lied when presented with his own words. Lied straight to the man face, just like the establishment, insider politician he is.

Lying Christie.png

Chris Christie - The Second Amendment

Also odd, the media will interview and make speculations about all the candidates EXCEPT Christie. And when they do squeak out a little comment about him here or there, it's always in the derogatory, minimizing the impact of his campaign to the point of religion. Yeah, we noticed.

Besides "elektra" this isn't a fashion show where the mindless herd votes for their favorite narcissist celebrity to run the free world. I'll take Christie's ample booty as long as it matches his patriotism and ability to think on his feet and make the hard decisions necessary to bring this dying country back to her feet..

The 'witch hunt'? You know that Christie admitted his office was at fault and fired people over the issue, right?

Either Christie knew about it, in which case he's a vindictive fuck and a liar. Or he didn't know about it. In which case he's a shit manager who is unaware of what is happening in his own office.

Christie voted for Sotomayer, supports Planned Parenthood with contributions, supports the ban on "assault" rifles, unfriendly to the 2nd A, Jersey style, supports Common Core, etc. hardly a conservative.

I am sorry. What? Christie voted for Sotomayer? lol

Supported.

Christie backs Sotomayor for Supreme Court
Republican gubernatorial candidate Christopher Christie says he supports President Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying that the winners of elections should be entitled to make their own nominations and the Senate should give them bi-partisan support as long as they are qualified.

"After watching and listening to Judge Sotomayor's performance at the confirmation hearings this week, I am confident that she is qualified for the position of Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court," said Christie, a former federal prosecutor. "Elections have consequences. One of those consequences are judicial appointments. While Judge Sotomayor would not have been my choice, President Obama has used his opportunity to fill a seat on the Supreme Court by choosing a nominee who has more than proven her capability, competence and ability."

"I support her appointment to the Supreme Court and urge the Senate to keep politics out of the process and confirm her nomination. Qualified appointees should be confirmed and deserve bi-partisan support. Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito deserved that support based on their work as Circuit Court Judges. So does Judge Sotomayor," Christie said. "As a result, I support her confirmation. This is a historic moment and her inspiring success story should not only make the Latino community proud, but all Americans."

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Supported.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Christopher Christie says he supports President Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court, saying that the winners of elections should be entitled to make their own nominations and the Senate should give them bi-partisan support as long as they are qualified.

"After watching and listening to Judge Sotomayor's performance at the confirmation hearings this week, I am confident that she is qualified for the position of Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court," said Christie, a former federal prosecutor. "Elections have consequences. One of those consequences are judicial appointments. While Judge Sotomayor would not have been my choice, President Obama has used his opportunity to fill a seat on the Supreme Court by choosing a nominee who has more than proven her capability, competence and ability."

"I support her appointment to the Supreme Court and urge the Senate to keep politics out of the process and confirm her nomination. Qualified appointees should be confirmed and deserve bi-partisan support. Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito deserved that support based on their work as Circuit Court Judges. So does Judge Sotomayor," Christie said. "As a result, I support her confirmation. This is a historic moment and her inspiring success story should not only make the Latino community proud, but all Americans."

Thanks. I wasn't aware that he had supported Sotomayor but I was thrown by your 'vote' comment.

Supported.

Thanks. I wasn't aware that he had supported Sotomayor but I was thrown by your 'vote' comment.
Editing error. If Christie really was a conservative he wouldn't be NJ governor, they are pretty much a nanny state.

Forum List

Back