Choose Life License Plates in NJ

But isn't the opposite of "Choose life" "Choose death"?

That's the plate I want.

Pro Death Penalty
Pro Abortion
Pro Euthanasia
Pro War

Any little bit to eliminate my resource competitors.

The far left supports a woman's right to choose...but only as long as she chooses to abort.

apparently the far right chooses to distort the truth on every issue

I only know 4 or 5 LEFTISTS and NONE of them support your statement

I can't understand why anyone would be proud to be a liar

I've had enough dealings with daveman to know he's willing to spread any lie to try and make a point.

As for a woman's right to choose I would say that unless you're the woman's doctor, or she asks your opinion, you need to stay out of it. You have absolutely no business sticking your nose in a decision that belongs to only her and her doctor.

Seven years over that? Good grief.

I don't see the issue. The left's position is that it's a choice The license plate's position is that it's a choice. In other words, the plate adopts a liberal framing of the issue. So who opposed this?

The legislature. The funny thing is, they weren't opposed to the organization; just the logo (which is awfully cute).

Silkowitz argued that her state rejected the "Choose Life" plate not to avoid controversy but because the relevant law limits designs to group names and logos, and does not permit slogans.

In 2003, the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission approved a request from the New York-based Children First Foundation, but later rejected the proposed design, which included a small graphic of a sun, two children's faces and the words "Choose Life."

Apparently you have to join the group to get the plate. I imagine only a couple dozen will be sold anyway.

The far left supports a woman's right to choose...but only as long as she chooses to abort.

I calls 'em likes I sees 'em. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a lie.

But at least you didn't call me "racist". :lol:

I've had enough dealings with daveman to know he's willing to spread any lie to try and make a point.
Really? Then perhaps you can explain the passionate opposition to the perfectly innocuous slogan "choose life".

But I bet you not only won't, you can't.

Really? Then perhaps you can explain the passionate opposition to the perfectly innocuous slogan "choose life".

But I bet you not only won't, you can't.

I have no problem with anything that expouses CHOICE.

This is one of two issues..that the right chooses "life" on..

The other being to continue "life" in people that are either brain dead..or suffering terribly because of an incurable disease.

This is ridiculous. Abortion should have no place on state license plates. If you're that crazed about the topic, get a bumper sticker instead of brute-forcing a state to spend thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. Because that's the disreputable reason this passed: not because people wanted it or it went through any reasonable process, but because this group threw more money at it than the state could bear to lose.

Regarding the plate itself: I don't think people in this thread realize that ABORTION and ADOPTION are not only two completely different decisions, but that they're not even made by the same person. You can't find a single pro-choice advocate who is against adoption. That's dumb. Putting both topics on the same plate is just another marketing scheme. Perhaps the next iteration will be "choose life, fund adoption, stop terrorists". They have nothing to do with one another! But gee, I'm not FOR terrorism so I guess I need to choose life.

As for a woman's right to choose I would say that unless you're the woman's doctor, or she asks your opinion, you need to stay out of it. You have absolutely no business sticking your nose in a decision that belongs to only her and her doctor.

What about the father?

Why the term "pro-choice" is such a lie... As if the "choice" were between ice cream flavors.

Oh, c'mon now. Not really much difference between the choice of life or instead having the remains of a fetus sucked out and tossed in the garbage, is there?

Why the term "pro-choice" is such a lie... As if the "choice" were between ice cream flavors.

Oh, c'mon now. Not really much difference between the choice of life or instead having the remains of a fetus sucked out and tossed in the garbage, is there?

And as I said, unless you're the woman's doctor you have no say in their decision.

Forum List

Back