"Chink in the armor"

Is it racist?

• racsit

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • not racist

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • What butthurt corn hole thought that was racist and made it headline news?!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nice to know that some people didn't even notice it.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
No more racist than the statements made frequently with no notice such as "faster than he looks", "more athletic than he looks."
Kind of like referring to the black athlete as "articulate."

Kind of like referring to the black athlete as "articulate."

Itis racist to refer to a black man as articulate?

Is it racist to refer to a liberal as lucid?

Nah, that would just be fiction; no, sorry, it would be fantasy.

Or third possibility: the writer innocently did not consider that someone would think he was refering to oriental people because the writer himself never thinks of the word 'chink' as a reference to oriental people?

Were you trying to make a joke with that post?

Or third possibility: the writer innocently did not consider that someone would think he was refering to oriental people because the writer himself never thinks of the word 'chink' as a reference to oriental people?

You know, contrary to liberal dogma, there are a lot of people who are innocent of being racists, you know?

In this case, I think it was a stupid attempt at a joke, but the third possibility is always there.

Before I moved to the East Coast I had no idea that 'mic' was a reference to Jewish people.

Where does that derive from? Makes no sense.

This is absolutely STUPID...!

Look at what the word actaully means!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR19AY4rpxs]Log Cabin Chinking - YouTube[/ame]

chink:

A narrow opening, such as a crack or fissure.

Chink in the Armor
An narrow opening and vunerable area in one's armor that the opponent will usually aim for. This term relies on "chink" in the sense of "a crack or gap," a meaning dating from about 1400 and used figuratively since the mid-1600s.

No.... I doubt he was.

There was NO reason for the guy to be fired, suspended, or even reprimanded for it.

This PC bullshit has got to stop!!!!

I thought a "mic" was an irishman.

I dunno, I come from Dallas and we didnt use that word that I ever heard.

I Googled and you are right, it seems some other equally ridiculous words are used for Jewish people.

My bad.

Does "Chink in the armor" raise the hair of those that wear armor? How about "****** in the wood pile"... Does that offend people who happen to be in the wood pile? Lighten up...

You know, contrary to liberal dogma, there are a lot of people who are innocent of being racists, you know?

In this case, I think it was a stupid attempt at a joke, but the third possibility is always there.

Before I moved to the East Coast I had no idea that 'mic' was a reference to Jewish people.

Where does that derive from? Makes no sense.

Are you just completely stupid? Is that the issue here?

No.... I doubt he was.

There was NO reason for the guy to be fired, suspended, or even reprimanded for it.

This PC bullshit has got to stop!!!!

So if the 'funny' headline was a play on words using some variation of "N****r" to refer to a black player that would also just be an innocent misunderstanding and everyone should stop being sensitive and get over it?

They fired him?
Yeah, it was kind of stupid to say but come on. You how many times they use that saying in sports?
Some people need to put on their big girl panties.

it was a really stupid thing to say

if the writer knew the overtones, he deserved to be fired

if he didn't know the overtones, he deserved to get fired

it's a hard life, but it's even harder when you're stupid

Interesting comments coming from a fucking racist like YOU.

There will be a lot of "oh, lighten up" by folks who would be at the gates with torches and pitchforks if ESPN had made a 'funny' about a black player using a 'play on words' involving N****r.

ESPN Racist Jeremy Lin Headline: Network Apologizes For Insensitive Headline For Knicks Loss

There seems to be this pent-up need to give voice to childish bullshit that every once in a while gets some asshole in trouble, brings mild recriminations to his organization, and then a ton of spin and apologist nonsense.

This thread has certainly proved me right.

Forum List

Back