"Chink in the armor"

Is it racist?

• racsit

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • not racist

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • What butthurt corn hole thought that was racist and made it headline news?!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nice to know that some people didn't even notice it.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
... is on par with what Jason Whitlock pulled off a week before. Whitlock obviously, and admittedly, made an awful (and worse, to me, unfunny) joke at Lin's heritage's expense.
Jason Whitlock is a fat piece of shit. I couldn't stand him when he wrote for the KC Star, and I can't stand him now.

By the way, this is what he said after getting busted for shooting off his manpleaser:
Jason Whitlock said:
... I debased a feel-good sports moment. For that, I’m truly sorry.
Sorry because he "debased" a "sports moment" (whatever the hell that means) is not the same as making a joke at the expense of someone's race. Fucking moron.

They fired him?
Yeah, it was kind of stupid to say but come on. You how many times they use that saying in sports?
Some people need to put on their big girl panties.

it was a really stupid thing to say

if the writer knew the overtones, he deserved to be fired

if he didn't know the overtones, he deserved to get fired

it's a hard life, but it's even harder when you're stupid

Horseshit.

No one deserves to lose their job b/c some over sensitive assholes live and look to be offended at the drop of the hat.

oh

No offense to hat people that don't like to see hats being dropped.

mark-sanchez-jets2_medium.jpg

HEADLINE: Mark Sanchez plans to clean up the Jets act, and make it **** n' span.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIpR1x1-fI]MAD Magazine presents "Gall in the Family Fare" - YouTube[/ame]

Whether intentional or not, ESPN

In these early stages, we can't tell you if ESPN copy editors using "chink in the armor" as a way to describe Asian-American Jeremy Lin and his New York Knicks losing their first game in 13 days on Friday night is on par with what Jason Whitlock pulled off a week before. Whitlock obviously, and admittedly, made an awful (and worse, to me, unfunny) joke at Lin's heritage's expense.

That's it. Headline news for using an old saying is racist b/c he's Japanese.

Actually, his heritage is Chinese, from Taiwan. Funny how the PC nazis are always the ones who scream racist the loudest at any and every opportunity. The best person to say whether the phrase was used in a racist way is Lin himself. Strange that this journo has made some assumptions without checking with Lin, but never let reality get in the way of the next story!

Definition of PC libtard: The kind of people who take offense because someone somewhere *might* take offense.

They fired him?
Yeah, it was kind of stupid to say but come on. You how many times they use that saying in sports?

Or third possibility: the writer innocently did not consider that someone would think he was refering to oriental people because the writer himself never thinks of the word 'chink' as a reference to oriental people?

Then libtards would be extinct already and politicians wouldnt run this country.

Oh wait, its the banksters that run the country. My bad.

was the player offended?

does it matter?

Lol, yes, we should see this guy tarred, feathered and run out of town on arail because he was being offensive, never mind if anyone was actually offended.

This reminds me of the time some libtards in the UK got hot cross buns banned in local public schools because they said the cross on the buns would be offensive to Muslims. Local Muslims immediately got together and demanded that the libtards not speak for them and that they Muslim community had people who would speak for them if the were ever offended.

If Asian-Americans were a little more deft in their politics they would demand the same thing: 'Fucking libtard dumbasses, dont speak for us, dont take offense for us and stay the fuck out of our affairs.'

But they are too used to the PC game herein the states these days and will just probably milkt it if they bother to consider it at all.

Kudos to Lin for not playing that shit.

They fired him?

Shit..you posted it before me. Damn your feathers.

was the player offended?

does it matter?

Lol, yes, we should see this guy tarred, feathered and run out of town on arail because he was being offensive, never mind if anyone was actually offended.

This reminds me of the time some libtards in the UK got hot cross buns banned in local public schools because they said the cross on the buns would be offensive to Muslims. Local Muslims immediately got together and demanded that the libtards not speak for them and that they Muslim community had people who would speak for them if the were ever offended.

If Asian-Americans were a little more deft in their politics they would demand the same thing: 'Fucking libtard dumbasses, dont speak for us, dont take offense for us and stay the fuck out of our affairs.'

But they are too used to the PC game herein the states these days and will just probably milkt it if they bother to consider it at all.

Kudos to Lin for not playing that shit.

Not to forget the Oxfordshire kiddy school teachers who tried to change the words to the nursery rhyme, 'baa baa black sheep' because they considered it offensive.

Whether intentional or not, ESPN

In these early stages, we can't tell you if ESPN copy editors using "chink in the armor" as a way to describe Asian-American Jeremy Lin and his New York Knicks losing their first game in 13 days on Friday night is on par with what Jason Whitlock pulled off a week before. Whitlock obviously, and admittedly, made an awful (and worse, to me, unfunny) joke at Lin's heritage's expense.

That's it. Headline news for using an old saying is racist b/c he's Japanese.

Lots of idiots around taking offense at things that aren't offensive.

Forum List

Back