"Chink in the armor"

Is it racist?

• racsit

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • not racist

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • What butthurt corn hole thought that was racist and made it headline news?!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Nice to know that some people didn't even notice it.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Were you trying to make a joke with that post?

No.... I doubt he was.

There was NO reason for the guy to be fired, suspended, or even reprimanded for it.

This PC bullshit has got to stop!!!!

So if the 'funny' headline was a play on words using some variation of "N****r" to refer to a black player that would also just be an innocent misunderstanding and everyone should stop being sensitive and get over it?

That comparison might be accurate if the word ****** had another, completely innocent use, especially if said definition was part of a fairly common phrase.

I've seen the phrase chink in the armor many times before. I am not going to claim it was innocent in this case, but the phrase used is usually completely unrelated to race or the derogatory use of the word chink.

The apologists for the asshole who wrote the headline need to give some thought to their real motivations for trying so hard to spin, mitigate, and excuse on his behalf.

The apologists for the asshole who wrote the headline need to give some thought to their real motivations for trying so hard to spin, mitigate, and excuse on his behalf.

Why do you assume we havent?

Because we dont agree with you?

My, that is arrogant.

Were you trying to make a joke with that post?

No.... I doubt he was.

There was NO reason for the guy to be fired, suspended, or even reprimanded for it.

So if the 'funny' headline was a play on words using some variation of "N****r" to refer to a black player that would also just be an innocent misunderstanding and everyone should stop being sensitive and get over it?

Well thats not what happened now is it DUMMY

Fuck off asshole.... I am sick and fucking tired of you damn idiots making mountains out of anthills
:evil:

No.... I doubt he was.

Well thats not what happened now is it DUMMY

Fuck off asshole.... I am sick and fucking tired of you damn idiots making mountains out of anthills
:evil:

Oh, does it make you tired that racist bullshit isn't accepted by the rest of the world with a wink and a chuckle? Does it tire you to think that racist bullshit rightly pisses decent people off? Isn't that too bad. Does it make you feel threatened? Is it frustrating that you can't put your feet up at the office and bark out N****r jokes the way you'd like to without being called on it? TOO FUCKING BAD. GROW THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE.

41QMh29egVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTaW767wyhE]Hitler Learns the TRUTH about the Atom Bombing in Japan - YouTube[/ame]

I confess, I think the headline is pretty funny.

If ESPN thinks firing the guy is a good business move, then they did the right thing.

But, I'm not a big fan of enabling PC bullshit. And, just a guess, I am betting more lily white Caucasians were offended by the headline than were Asians. Most Asians I know don't have issues about being put-upon.; their self-confidence is quite healthy. And, being a lily white Caucasian myself, I don't try to determine what should be offensive to another.

Oh, does it make you tired that racist bullshit isn't accepted by the rest of the world with a wink and a chuckle?

But it is. No one outside the Anglo world goes to these ridiculous lengths to try and prove how nonracist they are. I suspect that the insanity lies mostly within the clergy of the Anglican communion, but it doesnt really matter. The Anglo culture is committing suicide anyway.

Does it tire you to think that racist bullshit rightly pisses decent people off?

Lol, so now the rest of us are not decent people because we dont think people should be jailed and lose their careers over silly slips of the tongue.

Isn't that too bad. Does it make you feel threatened?

Seeing people lose their freedom of speech should make everyone feel threatened.

Is it frustrating that you can't put your feet up at the office and bark out N****r jokes the way you'd like to without being called on it?

No, but does it you? You seem fixated on that kind of thing.

TOO FUCKING BAD. GROW THE FUCK UP, ASSHOLE.

No, you need to grow up and realize that plenty of decent people disagree with the way anti-racists hound people, destroy careers, destroy freedom and are so fucking self-righteous.

But thats fine, because this is not going to last much longer.

People are starting to realize that living under the fascist dominance of the PC elite is worse than any kind of racist rudeness. And so the PC elite steadily lose ground, and the more they make victims like this guy the faster they lose it.

Rant on PC fascist, rant on! lolololol

If "chink in the armor" wasn't a common expression-than I would agree it's racist. But that term is used across the board for all races/people. In fact the fact that the writer used to to an asian person means he didn't even think about the racial slur, which ironically would mean he's not racist whatsoever. Oh and he's married to an asian lady...so I highly doubt he's racist against Asian people....just saying.

Could be a passive aggresive way of projecting racisim, but then again maybe not....It is a widley used saying. I would tend to give the guy the benifit of the doubt.

Forum List

Back