Chinese Stock Market Also Took A Dump Today

/—-/ Then how come I’m making money in the market? Ever hear of options? Ever hear of swing trading? Ever hear of taking money off the table? You really have no idea how to make money in the market.

Did I say you were not making money? Did I say I was not making money? Do you think 401ks have increased in value very much over the 476 day period? Or other retirement accounts? Do you think the average Joe out there that has a little money in the market is making money?

This is not about you or I, this is about the country as a whole. You can pretend that a shrinking or stagnant market is good for the country, but you know better.
/—-/ It’s not shrinking you dolt. I know all democRATs have to run on is trashing the economy but you sound ridiculous.

Trump Wins! MAGA!! :hyper:

Chinese stocks fell on Monday as market sentiment turned cautious amid renewed concerns over the US-China trade war, with financial institutions leading the decline.

The Shanghai Composite Index fell 1.2 per cent to 2,903.71. The Shenzhen Component Index lost 1.4 per cent, and the CSI 300, which tracks large companies listed in Shanghai and Shenzhen, dropped 1.7 per cent. The Nasdaq-style ChiNext Index declined 2 per cent.

China markets fall as trade war deadlock prompts cautious trading

Theirs went down 1.2%, all of ours went down twice that much and you call it a win! Only a Trump asslicker would call that a win

View attachment 260726
You can't gauge anything based on a one day stock market reaction.

I am not the one that started the thread.

Can we gauge things on 476 days in the stock market?

Since the day of the first tariffs...476 day ago...

DJI down 2.87%
S&P up 0.06%
NASDAQ up 7.17%.

Do those seem like good numbers for more than 15 months of time?
Those are numbers are OK given how strong the market has been over the last few years, the Fed interest rate policy changes, and uncertainty about China. In my experience, the market does not monotonically increase every year.

Those numbers seem good? are you fucking joking or are you fucking stupid?

Here is some historical perspective for you.

In the 476 days before the start of the trade war the three markets did this...

DJI up 42.40%
S&P up 29.61%
NASDAQ up 39.15%

Now, for someone wanting to make money and not just suck up to the current POTUS, which group of numbers seem better to you?

/—-/ Then how come I’m making money in the market? Ever hear of options? Ever hear of swing trading? Ever hear of taking money off the table? You really have no idea how to make money in the market.

Did I say you were not making money? Did I say I was not making money? Do you think 401ks have increased in value very much over the 476 day period? Or other retirement accounts? Do you think the average Joe out there that has a little money in the market is making money?

This is not about you or I, this is about the country as a whole. You can pretend that a shrinking or stagnant market is good for the country, but you know better.
/—-/ It’s not shrinking you dolt. I know all democRATs have to run on is trashing the economy but you sound ridiculous.

The DJI is down 2.87% since the start of the trade war...that is what is known as shrinking.

The DJI is down 2.87% since the start of the trade war...that is what is known as shrinking.
/——-/ So? Nobody except people who don’t invest follow the Dow. It’s only 30 stocks. The S&P has 500. It’s what pros follow. Get a clue.

So...you consider it a win if other stock markets go down as well as ours crash..........ever study the 1929 Market crash?

CRASH, Moron? Our market dropped by a couple percent. GET A FUCKING GRIP ON YOURSELF. The OP is only making the point that China plays a role in this as well and if they were fair, Trump wouldn't be doing this and now they have caused their own market as well as most of the world to dip by refusing to come to terms.
And China is going to hurt a lot more than us before this is over.
GO FOR IT DONALD. Throw tariffs on those other 300 billion in goods! Let Xi PingPong suck on that for a while.

/——-/ So? Nobody except people who don’t invest follow the Dow. It’s only 30 stocks. The S&P has 500. It’s what pros follow. Get a clue.

Ok, the S&P up a total of 0.06% since the start of the trade war. Now, tell me how that is just kicking ass and all the pros know that less than 1% growth over 15 months is just awesome

Ok, the S&P up a total of 0.06% since the start of the trade war. Now, tell me how that is just kicking ass and all the pros know that less than 1% growth over 15 months is just awesome

Who says any of that has to be, jackass? When will you stop with your God Damned strawman arguments here? This is a trade war. Trump is sticking it to the damn Chinese for decades of screwing us to the wall on trade and you think our market is supposed to doing raving well at the same time too? Grow the hell up!

TRUMP'S GOT BALLS.
How nice it is to have a real man in the White House again not afraid to put himself on the line for what he believes.

Someone with confidence, daring and vision.
Trump is risking everything. He is reshaping worlds. If he pulls this off, it will be a seismic fundamental shift in how the world operates for now on.
If he fails, it could cost him his presidency.
I think Trump pulls it off.

2174667-galactus_arrives.jpg

Putting America back in the driver seat.

Who says any of that has to be, jackass? When will you stop with your God Damned strawman arguments here? This is a trade war. Trump is sticking it to the damn Chinese for decades of screwing us to the wall on trade and you think our market is supposed to doing raving well at the same time too? Grow the hell up!

Yes, it is a trade war, and it is a war that was just as necessary as the Iraq war...NOT AT ALL.

We did not need a trade war, especially not one with the whole fucking world at the same time.

We are told by our politicians that China is screwing us...

yet while we are being screwed all these things took place...

1. the longest period of sustained job growth in the history of the country.

2. The 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country, which will become the longest in 3 months.

3. Sub 4% unemployment with more jobs than people to fill them.

4. Record setting financial markets...until the start of the trade war.

That does not seem like getting screwed, that seems like we are doing pretty damn well. If we are the ones getting screwed, why is our economy the one that is booming?

Not to mention that so far the only "success" we have seen from Trump is the new NAFTA, and the biggest change about it was the new name.

TRUMP'S GOT BALLS.
How nice it is to have a real man in the White House again not afraid to put himself on the line for what he believes.

Someone with confidence, daring and vision.
Trump is risking everything. He is reshaping worlds. If he pulls this off, it will be a seismic fundamental shift in how the world operates for now on.
If he fails, it could cost him his presidency.
I think Trump pulls it off.

View attachment 260765

Putting America back in the driver seat.

I used to laugh at the Obama worshipers, but you Trump worshipers are far more zealous and faithful than even the Obama ones were.

Yes, it is a trade war, and it is a war that was just as necessary as the Iraq war...NOT AT ALL.
WRONG
We did not need a trade war, especially not one with the whole fucking world at the same time.
WRONG Trump ran on draining the swamp and fix trade imbalances, and by God he's doing it. GO MAN GO
And you know better. :lmao:

Last I checked, still a booming economy. WE are strong.
2. The 2nd longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country, which will become the longest in 3 months.
Thanks to Trump.
Thanks to Trump.
Thanks to Trump.
That does not seem like getting screwed, that seems like we are doing pretty damn well. If we are the ones getting screwed, why is our economy the one that is booming?
Not to mention that so far the only "success" we have seen from Trump is the new NAFTA, and the biggest change about it was the new name.
Oh ye of no faith and confidence. TRump was right until he was wrong? I bet you're a lousy poker player as well.
Trump's got hand and is playing the Chinese for all they're worth just as I played you.
GO DONALD GO

WRONG Trump ran on draining the swamp and fix trade imbalances, and by God he's doing it. GO MAN GO

So far the swamp has gotten deeper and our trade imbalances have gotten worse under Trump.

Yet you claim we are getting screwed.

Thanks to Trump.

Only 23% of it has taken place under Trump. But you being a worshiper give him credit for what happened before he became POTUS

Thanks to Trump.

Trump has only been in office for 27% of the months that unemployment has been dropping and only accounts for 17% of the overall drop. But you being a worshiper give him credit for what happened before he became POTUS

Thanks to Trump.

You are correct, thanks to Trump we no longer have record setting financial markets.

Oh ye of no faith and confidence. TRump was right until he was wrong? I bet you're a lousy poker player as well.
Trump's got hand and is playing the Chinese for all they're worth just as I played you.
GO DONALD GO

You are correct, I have little faith in Trump. You see, I am not a worshiper of Trump. I realize Trump is just a dude, he is not a god, he does not turn the water to wine as he is walking on it.

Trump talks a good game, but the results are never what he claims they will be. He has successfully renegotiated one deal so far, and the biggest concession he got in that deal was putting our name first in the new name.

Not better but sell it cheaper. And stop stalking me, you Jew hating loser.

Stop saying stupid stuff I can make fun of so easily.

Okay, funny thing. Growing up, we had one of those wonderful American TV sets. Pretty much broke down on a regular basis. Remembering the good old days of having to go to the corner store and testing the tubes and buying replacements.

upload_2019-5-14_5-11-44.jpeg

Ah, memories.

Anyway... Getting out on my own, I bought a Toshiba TV in the 1990's.. and it was still working pretty well in the late Oughts before it finally failed. I bought another TV, it lasted for decade as well. The reason I got rid of it was all the new shows were coming out in widescreen format, and I wasn't getting the whole picture. The TV itself worked fine, and I'm kind of old school, I don't replace things until they break.

Now I have a flat screen, made somewhere in China by someone... probably going to last longer than I do.

WRONG
And you know better. :lmao:

Thanks to Trump.
Thanks to Trump.
Thanks to Trump.
GO DONALD GO

The trade imbalance with China has gotten worse under Trump.

B2AE1CAB-5E28-4368-95FC-682C0ED97FFB.jpeg

If you understood economics, you’d know why.

/——/ Libtards love China’s slave labor who earn 30 cents an hour. It means they can buy cheap shirts to wear while marching for $15 hour minimum wage. No irony here folks.
3A7681CE-82E9-42EC-BC98-1866B1905B77.png

/——/ Libtards love China’s slave labor who earn 30 cents an hour. It means they can buy cheap shirts to wear while marching for $15 hour minimum wage. No irony here folks.

How much of your budget is shirts? Or TV's.

Here's the thing... a whole lot of people who made a profit on that shirt before you paid $30.00 for it when it cost maybe 2.00 to make. Then when that shirt does't fit anymore, we give it to a charity that ships it off to a third world country even poorer than China.

View attachment 260801

You will never see me marching for 15 bucks an hour. I have said 100 times ok this forum there should be no artificial minimum wage of any level.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back