Global stock markets crash as US trade war with China escalates

Nope but it does mean that China stopped all Ag imports from the US. What do you suppose that will do for our farmers that are already getting fucked?
So the entire nation needs to be fucked over some farmers? They already have a shit load of government funding. What more do they need?

I'm in a farm and ranch part of the country. Why don't people have to pay the going price for their food? Wouldn't that help consumers more/ Do we need them paid by the government?

China will let half of their population starve before importing anything. They've done it before.

So what do we surrender to? Cheap goods and money manipulation or becoming more market based at the grocery store?

Yep, we are being fucked over so badly.

Nothing shows being fucked over like 121 straight months of economic expansion.

More than 100 months straight of positive job growth is a sure sign of being fucked over.

An unemployment rate of less than 4% is the dictionary definition of being fucked over.

You people are such drama queens.
It sounds like we have the upper hand.

Explain how those things equate to being fucked in the ass.
Currency manipulation comes to mind.

Why is 121 straight months of economic expansion a bad thing?

Why is more than 100 months straight of positive job growth a bad thing?

Why is an unemployment rate of less than 4% a bad thing?

Nope but it does mean that China stopped all Ag imports from the US. What do you suppose that will do for our farmers that are already getting fucked?
So the entire nation needs to be fucked over some farmers? They already have a shit load of government funding. What more do they need?

I'm in a farm and ranch part of the country. Why don't people have to pay the going price for their food? Wouldn't that help consumers more/ Do we need them paid by the government?

China will let half of their population starve before importing anything. They've done it before.

So what do we surrender to? Cheap goods and money manipulation or becoming more market based at the grocery store?

More than 100 months straight of positive job growth is a sure sign of being fucked over.

An unemployment rate of less than 4% is the dictionary definition of being fucked over.

All of that during a trade war you're calling the death of us. Crazy isn't it?

No, all of tat under the current trade deals...you know the ones you say are fucking us over.
They can't be better? Is that your point? I think Wall Street agrees.

Wall Street understand that this is pushing the world towards a global recession. That is not a good thing for anyone, people that understand business understand that. People that care about nothing but politics do not

And they will not be hurt. But the 1.89 million Ag operations that have less than 250,000 in sales will be.
The more than 1 million farms with less than 500 acres will be the ones that will be hurt.
This will just make the big Ag Corps even stronger and we will have fewer small farms.
That is not a good thing

This is always the end result of kicking the can down the road instead of facing things early on.
Same with the National Debt.
Same with people allowing their rights be be slowly taken away.

The amount of energy and risk required to fix the problem gets exponentially worse with time.

Who decided that it was a good idea to set up Chinese workers as competitors to American workers?

That was a bad idea.
Every company that offshored.

And everyone that bought anything made in China. Which is everyone on this forum, even the folks that will pretend they do not
I do not what our choices are for many products.

Then do not buy them. Do you own a cellphone? A computer? A tablet?

All of that during a trade war you're calling the death of us. Crazy isn't it?

No, all of tat under the current trade deals...you know the ones you say are fucking us over.
They can't be better? Is that your point? I think Wall Street agrees.

There is a world of difference between "they could be better' and "we are getting fucked in the ass by them".
Crazy thinking I'm sure but isn't making it better if we aren't being butt fucked? They've been doing it for about 40 years so...

Who decided that it was a good idea to set up Chinese workers as competitors to American workers?

That was a bad idea.

And everyone that bought anything made in China. Which is everyone on this forum, even the folks that will pretend they do not

Is there a reason we have to get them from there?

That was a bad idea.

That's where they are made.

So they always must be made there? Nobody else can do it.

Others can, very few do.

Others can, very few do.
Shockingly you don't understand why.

Oh no. Not the markets. That's horrible news.

You mean Wall Street is upset Trump is taking away their cheap Chinese goods and labor? My goodness who would have thought.

Maybe the market needs adjusting as bad as China does. Kinda crazy how the Chinese are more important to our economy than our own jobs.

The bond markets are predicting a slowdown and maybe a recession in this country.

The entire midwest has been flooded this year so any crop exports next year were going to be minimal at best. Trump and hong kong are smacking communist xi down.
That's true. So the cost of those foods should have gone up.

Actually it is not true, the amount of land flooded is not that great and the flooding is gone. There might be a tad less corn planted because of it, but there will be more soy beans, which is what China was buying.

That was a bad idea.

Cheap labor and great infrastructure.

Forum List

Back