China deletes Israel from online maps: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Credit to Chinas intelligence agency for fooling the West for decades. There was a time the CIA and NSA didn't lose much at all, but China and their axis are the most formidable opponent they have faced. This map is surely an indication of their desires, even their effort to rewite the future.

MSN

China has removed Israel from leading online digital maps following the outbreak of the war against Hamas, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that Internet users in China are expressing bewilderment that Israel’s name no longer appears on major online digital maps from Baidu and Alibaba.

Baidu’s Chinese-language online maps demarcate the internationally recognized borders of Israel, as well as the Palestinian territories, plus key cities, but don’t clearly identify the country by name.

The report states that Israel’s name has also disappeared from online maps produced by Alibaba’s Amap, where even small nations like Luxembourg are marked. Neither company responded to questions.

The news comes just days after an earlier report in The New York Times over a surge of antisemitic expressions on Chinese social media following the war with Hamas.

I care less and less about what China thinks everyday... that nation should be smoldering at about 12,000 degrees after releasing covid on the world....

Credit to Chinas intelligence agency for fooling the West for decades. There was a time the CIA and NSA didn't lose much at all, but China and their axis are the most formidable opponent they have faced. This map is surely an indication of their desires, even their effort to rewite the future.

MSN

China has removed Israel from leading online digital maps following the outbreak of the war against Hamas, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that Internet users in China are expressing bewilderment that Israel’s name no longer appears on major online digital maps from Baidu and Alibaba.

Baidu’s Chinese-language online maps demarcate the internationally recognized borders of Israel, as well as the Palestinian territories, plus key cities, but don’t clearly identify the country by name.

The report states that Israel’s name has also disappeared from online maps produced by Alibaba’s Amap, where even small nations like Luxembourg are marked. Neither company responded to questions.

The news comes just days after an earlier report in The New York Times over a surge of antisemitic expressions on Chinese social media following the war with Hamas.
I am REALLY WIRED about a couple of witnesses that are scheduled to show up in Jerusalem in the hopefully not too far away future. If I am not mistaken I believe Egypt had a previous run in with one of these yet to arrive witnesses way back in time. That particular run in set a worlds record as it took out a nations entire military lock, stock & barrel in well under an hour. This next scheduled event ought to completely dwarf the catastrophe I mentioned above.

When I worked in UAE and Saudi Arabia, if you went to any news stand or bookshop, and picked up a magazine, any mention of Israel or anytime Israel appeared on a map, the words were struck through with black sharpie. This was done, by hand, to every newspaper, magazine, or book sold in the UAE or The Kingdom of SA. This wasn't done electronically, this was a manual censorship of every printed article in those countries.

What struck me at the time was, "They actually pay what must be a small army of censors to go through every copy of every newspaper, book, and periodical sold here to look for references to Israel and remove them".

The sheer effort of will to avoid anyone from having to look at the word Israel in print still staggers my imagination.

Forum List

Back