Chick-Fil-A adds a vegan sandwich to its menu

Fast food joints have always altered their menu to meet local tastes.

You can't, example given, buy a hamburger at a Mickey D's in India, because the locals believe that Cows are almighty Gods.
And Pizza Hut in Thailand doesn't taste anything like it does in the States.

There are only a handful of these restaurants in Ontario and they've only recently opened. I would boycott them if there were any of these restaurants anywhere near where I live but the closest is in Toronto.

When I go to Toronto, I eat at small, Canadian owned restaurants and chains. Hero Burgers, Frans (a family owned chain which is only in Toronto), Second Cup if I can't get to the Tango Palace. For chicken, I'm going to Swiss Chalet. We don't have one of those where I live either.

How many of the farmers that grow your food have very conservative leanings?

Guess you gotta starve.....

Why would vegetarians want to go to what is basically a meat-themed restaurant?

In many areas their options are not all that large. Maybe they are out with friends and the friends want to eat there. They now will have an option themselves.

My oldest daughter makes pizza crust out of cauliflower that is the best pizza, ever! I'm not a big fan of cauliflower either, but that pizza makes my mouth water just thinking about it. The sandwich is getting rave reviews.
Yuk. OK, if they test market it down here, I'll have PJ try one and get a bite. She is much more healthy in her eating, than I. On the other hand, I'm in much better shape physically and athletically, at our age. Go Figure.

The difference is, the unwoke doesn't care if a restaurant has a vegan option. It's the vegan wokeists that scream, protest and glue themselves to whatever they can find.

The sandwich is vegetarian, not vegan. These two words are not interchangeable, nor are they the same thing. Vegetarians eat eggs, cheese and dairy, but not meat - nothing with a face. Vegans eat nothing from animals, nor do they wear leather.

Vegetarians are not going to patronize your restaurant if there's nothing for them to eat there. If I'm going to eat with my oldest daughter's family, she has two vegetarian children. The family is not going out to a restaurant with no options for two of their children.

My favourite Sunday Dinner restaurant has an older clientele, many of whom are diabetic. She always has a "sugar free" dessert for her diabetic customers. None of it is political. It's just good marketing.

Lets see….

The family wants to go out eat and Mom’s a vegetarian. Now, Chic-Filet is an option

Unless she realizes that the items were probably cooked in the same oil or at best the same area as the chicken based products and has a problem with it.

99% of people wont, but vegans have a habit of lowering that to like 80%.

/----/ " vegetarian option "
We southerners call it a 'mater sandwich.
iu
Ummm...slip 6 slices of bacon on that bad boy and half an avodaco..ya got it goin' on!

iu

Last edited:
/---/ My late wife used to bread cauliflower and brown it in olive oil. It was the only way I could eat it.
To me, disdain for Cauliflower was about the only thing George W. Bush got right, and he's not big on broccoli either, though with a lot of heavy cheese sauce, I can tolerate broccoli. Not too many normal people would look approvingly on my diet, certainly no nutritionists.

The sandwich is vegetarian, not vegan. These two words are not interchangeable, nor are they the same thing. Vegetarians eat eggs, cheese and dairy, but not meat - nothing with a face. Vegans eat nothing from animals, nor do they wear leather.

Vegetarians are not going to patronize your restaurant if there's nothing for them to eat there. If I'm going to eat with my oldest daughter's family, she has two vegetarian children. The family is not going out to a restaurant with no options for two of their children.

My favourite Sunday Dinner restaurant has an older clientele, many of whom are diabetic. She always has a "sugar free" dessert for her diabetic customers. None of it is political. It's just good marketing.
I really can't see how it could be "vegetarian" when it's prepared around chicken. There is a very good chance of it being cross contaminated.

To me, disdain for Cauliflower was about the only thing George W. Bush got right, and he's not big on broccoli either, though with a lot of heavy cheese sauce, I can tolerate broccoli. Not too many normal people would look approvingly on my diet, certainly no nutritionists.
/——/ 23andMe DNA says people can be genetically disposed to hate the taste of broccoli. I find it bitter, my wife loved it.

Caving to the Woke Mob, Chick-Fil-A has added a vegetarian option to its menu. I await the right wing backlash and boycott.

Soon they'll be donating to Climate Change charities, and offering gay staffers "family benefits".
Why do so many Canadian, government agents who hate America, mock them and despise what they stand for, join this forum and ruin it for freedom loving, respectful Canadians?

Forum List

Back