Chicago Cubs

I'm not impressed with Counsell. He had the best pitching staff in baseball but went 0-2 in the playoffs.

David Ross was fired by the Cubs despite being very popular with his players.

I think Counsell is overrated and certainly not worth this record contract. MLB Network absolutely loves him and thinks he can do no wrong.

I was impressed with David Ross taking the Cubs to the brink of the playoffs this year when no one thought they would contend at all.

Now that beloved Braves 3B coach Ron Washington has been signed to manage the Angels, maybe the Braves can bring back Ross as a coach. If the Braves win the WS next year, hopefully Brian Snitker will retire, and Ross can take over as manager.

I think Counsell is overrated and certainly not worth this record contract. MLB Network absolutely loves him and thinks he can do no wrong.

I was impressed with David Ross taking the Cubs to the brink of the playoffs this year when no one thought they would contend at all.

Now that beloved Braves 3B coach Ron Washington has been signed to manage the Angels, maybe the Braves can bring back Ross as a coach. If the Braves win the WS next year, hopefully Brian Snitker will retire, and Ross can take over as manager.
I agree with you.

My point is that Counsell is overrated as a manager.

He took also-rans and turned them into contenders....Anything can, and usually does, happen in the playoffs.

Bobby Cox only one WS in Atlanta, and nobody doubted his managing chops.
He had a great team for many years. I know the best team does not win at times. He should have won more. Atlanta up till then did not have long runs of success. If he managed the Yankees he would have been canned even if he won four or five world series. Anyway, Atlanta is good for the long haul.

Forum List

Back