Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

Obama knows that we should increase our own production. He will fund experimental start-up companies for exploration of alternative fuels even when he knows the company is failing. His refusal to increase oil production likely is based on the same insane reasoning he uses to keep our borders wide open while awaiting a suitable "comprehensive immigration plan"...even though he knows that closing the border is the right thing to do.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Then last week's pie in the sky over auto sales being up and led by the Volt was just a lie wasn't it. They aren't hiring, they are letting go.

Obama knows that we should increase our own production. He will fund experimental start-up companies for exploration of alternative fuels even when he knows the company is failing. His refusal to increase oil production likely is based on the same insane reasoning he uses to keep our borders wide open while awaiting a suitable "comprehensive immigration plan"...even though he knows that closing the border is the right thing to do.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

R&D means failure. Oil itself failed miserably when it first started out.

Government investment in alternative energy technology is a wise investment. We are competing against other nations that are subsidizing their industry to develop alternative fuels

I'm for developing all energy resources!
Nuclear
Oil
Coal
coal
wind
solar
Natural gas
wave power
etc Doesn't matter as long as it's economical and doesn't hurt people.

Opposing any one of these is stupid!

The volt will fail and isn't economical, but within 2-3 years with new the coming battery's that are 1# half the price 2# 3 times the energy density...Well, it may become more so. I'm 100 percent for new idea's, but the volt is a failer.

WE republicans must BE PRO-energy!!! The United states has 46 gw of wind power as of 2011...Two three georges or 8-9 large nuclear plants.

Last edited:
Suppose obama is right and we could and should develop alternative fuels. The fact that he has spent and borrowed the nation into oblivion prevents the luxury of such indulgence. If it is that important, stop spending on social programs and put the money into green energy. End obamacare, stop funding the nonsense government programs. Close down the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, Department of Education and totally stop unfunded mandates for the states so they can dig out.

Suppose obama is right and we could and should develop alternative fuels. The fact that he has spent and borrowed the nation into oblivion prevents the luxury of such indulgence. If it is that important, stop spending on social programs and put the money into green energy. End obamacare, stop funding the nonsense government programs. Close down the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, Department of Education and totally stop unfunded mandates for the states so they can dig out.

Mostly agree...Let the corperations(big oil, big wind, etc) make it economical and keep government out of it. Low taxes is the one thing the government could do for all "energy".

Closing down the NEA, NEH and Department of Education are relatively small expenditures

Obama ending the war in Iraq more than makes up for them and would fund investment on new energy technologies

Closing down the NEA, NEH and Department of Education are relatively small expenditures

Obama ending the war in Iraq more than makes up for them and would fund investment on new energy technologies

Send them back to the states and pull out of the middle east:eusa_whistle: Let big wind and solar compete on a level playing field with lower taxes. "if" the tech keeps advancing it may end up beating oil, coal, etc.

Newt should stop being anti-wind and start being pro-energy with lower taxes.

Last edited:
Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

So you want to nationalize our oil fields? How does that work in the free market?
Not at all- I am all for free market solutions. If we produce enough oil to meet our own needs, we have options in the event of an emergency. Right now we are screwed.

Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

So you want to nationalize our oil fields? How does that work in the free market?
Not at all- I am all for free market solutions. If we produce enough oil to meet our own needs, we have options in the event of an emergency. Right now we are screwed.

:confused:

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

because fucktard, it costs over forty grand and we the people have to pay anyone who buys one of these pieces of shit ten grand.. I hate Gm. and the volt.

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

because fucktard, it costs over forty grand and we the people have to pay anyone who buys one of these pieces of shit ten grand.. I hate Gm. and the volt.

yeah, the guys who complain when they fill up their hummer are more your fossilized style of emoting.

yeah, the guys who complain when they fill up their hummer are more your fossilized style of emoting.

I don't know a single soul who owns a hummer. dew ewe?

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

Last edited:

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

Forum List

Back