Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[Things like this happen when you try to cram a Yugo like product down the throat of a free market economy. GM will be able to weather the storm because Barry will just extort more money from the rest of the country to cover GM's woes and pay the laid off workers their full paychecks, just like Fannie announced it needs another 4.6 billion to weather the next three months. You all know what put Fannie in the hole its in, the Democrats in Congress and the WhiteHouse suddenly deciding that prudent lending standards were inherently racist.
Barney Frank: "There's nothing wrong down here at Fannie and Freddie, just us foxes at play. Anyway, we just wanna roll the dice for a little bit longer"]

"General Motors has told 1,300 employees at its Detroit Hamtramck that they will be temporarily laid off for five weeks as the company halts production of the Chevrolet Volt and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera.

“Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand,” said GM spokesman Chris Lee.

Lee said employees were told Thursday that production would put on hold from March 19 to April 23."

Volt production on hold for 5 weeks | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I thought they just sold 1,200 for Feb.(not too good)...People don't want these as they're NOT relieable currently, but one good thing about this is it's forcing advancements in battries with news of a battrie that will cost half and have 3 times the energy density coming within the next year or year in a half. This maybe the tipping point! We should all hope for advancements, but the volt isn't it. The volt may of helped pull it over the line?

Last edited:
God damnit, i was looking to spend $42,000 on a car so i could save money on gas.

LMAO You might save on gas but you better hope and pray your battery doesn't bite the dust.

Eight grand to replace that puppy. At least according to an earlier thread on this board.

Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

2012-03-02-digest-cartoon-2.jpg

God damnit, i was looking to spend $42,000 on a car so i could save money on gas.

LMAO You might save on gas but you better hope and pray your battery doesn't bite the dust.

Eight grand to replace that puppy. At least according to an earlier thread on this board.

Yeah i hear ya, hopefully the grocery store doesn't run out of lobster, I'm trying to cut back on my chicken expenses.

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?
Why do liberals generalize and phrase questions in strawman fashion?

This is one conservative hawk that believes in alternatives to just about everything.

The alternative to paying through the nose to the Arabs for something we can pump out of the earth ourselves is to INCREASE PRODUCTION OF US OIL (without disturbing the SPR)

Obama and his environmentalist (communist) supporters are suppressing US production in an effort to raise the cost of gasoline so that we all seek the ultimate alternatives to petroleum driven vehicles...bicycles and rickshaws.

The Chevy Volt is a fucking failure and should be taken off the market forever! There are several successful hybrid vehicles that represent a step in the right direction...a gradual decrease in the demand for gasoline. It is absolutely STUPID to think we should get to the stage of having nothing but electric vehicles. Battery driven rail trains and tractor-trailer rigs large enough to move the countries goods more efficiently than diesel driven tractors and diesel powered train engines WILL NEVER EXIST!

Obama is a fucking Marxist!

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited:
Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

This is one conservative hawk that believes in alternatives to just about everything.

The alternative to paying through the nose to the Arabs for something we can pump out of the earth ourselves is to INCREASE PRODUCTION OF US OIL (without disturbing the SPR)

Obama and his environmentalist (communist) supporters are suppressing US production in an effort to raise the cost of gasoline so that we all seek the ultimate alternatives to petroleum driven vehicles...bicycles and rickshaws.

The Chevy Volt is a fucking failure and should be taken off the market forever! There are several successful hybrid vehicles that represent a step in the right direction...a gradual decrease in the demand for gasoline. It is absolutely STUPID to think we should get to the stage of having nothing but electric vehicles. Battery driven rail trains and tractor-trailer rigs large enough to move the countries goods more efficiently than diesel driven tractors and diesel powered train engines WILL NEVER EXIST!

Do you really want to bet your whole energy future on oil?

Why not push more alternative fuels and engine options. Biofuels, hydrogen, propane and yes, even electric could do much to end our dependence on a single fuel source

They may all not be raging successes out of the starting block. Some may ultimately fail. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying

The Chevy Volt in it's current configuration will probably fail. But we will learn some valuable lessons that can be applied to future generations of the vehicle

I still don't see why the celebration of each setback

Conversion to natural gas is a known science. Very abundant material with well developed outlets.

Why not push more alternative fuels and engine options. Biofuels, hydrogen, propane and yes, even electric could do much to end our dependence on a single fuel source

They may all not be raging successes out of the starting block. Some may ultimately fail. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying

The Chevy Volt in it's current configuration will probably fail. But we will learn some valuable lessons that can be applied to future generations of the vehicle

Try pulling your head out of the clouds (and elsewhere) and try living in the here-and-now for a moment.

Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

So you want to nationalize our oil fields? How does that work in the free market?

I have no problem with that. I am just not willing to toss oil out the window to do it. I embrace the day when alternate energy becomes as cheap and practical as fossil fuels. problem is...it aint here yet. Most liberals endorse the strategy of taxing and regulating the hell out of fossil fuels to make them so expensive that no one can afford them. I say work on alternate energy until we can produce them so cheap that everyone demands them. Then fossil fuel use will die out on its own.

Of course not. Develop ALL sources, especially nuclear.

They may all not be raging successes out of the starting block. Some may ultimately fail. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying...
True. We should not stop trying to produce our own oil either. That is what Barack favors. Production of oil on federal land has DECREASED under Obama (yet he dishonestly takes credit for increases in production on private lands)

Correction...has already failed. I agree though that valuable lessons have been presented. I don't know that Obama and the cronies doing his bidding have learned anything.

Forum List

Back