Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

[Things like this happen when you try to cram a Yugo like product down the throat of a free market economy. GM will be able to weather the storm because Barry will just extort more money from the rest of the country to cover GM's woes and pay the laid off workers their full paychecks, just like Fannie announced it needs another 4.6 billion to weather the next three months. You all know what put Fannie in the hole its in, the Democrats in Congress and the WhiteHouse suddenly deciding that prudent lending standards were inherently racist.
Barney Frank: "There's nothing wrong down here at Fannie and Freddie, just us foxes at play. Anyway, we just wanna roll the dice for a little bit longer"]

"General Motors has told 1,300 employees at its Detroit Hamtramck that they will be temporarily laid off for five weeks as the company halts production of the Chevrolet Volt and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera.

“Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand,” said GM spokesman Chris Lee.

Lee said employees were told Thursday that production would put on hold from March 19 to April 23."

Volt production on hold for 5 weeks | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
“Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand,” said GM spokesman Chris Lee.

and thast, that.

Not Obama nor his merry band of federal venture capitalists can change it....its a dog and it doesn't sell, even with another $7500.00 of fed. rebates thrown in....

About that sales up. On the radio.

A Brand new Camaro SS 3.9% financing and with a credit score of just 466.

How long can this last?

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?
I'd love to know the answer, too.
One would think that those who are so gleeful over the failure of alternative methods must own large shares of oil company stocks, but we know that's not true here.

no we just know when we are being led like sheep to the slaughter...apparently you don't...
sheep.gif

[Things like this happen when you try to cram a Yugo like product down the throat of a free market economy. GM will be able to weather the storm because Barry will just extort more money from the rest of the country to cover GM's woes and pay the laid off workers their full paychecks, just like Fannie announced it needs another 4.6 billion to weather the next three months. You all know what put Fannie in the hole its in, the Democrats in Congress and the WhiteHouse suddenly deciding that prudent lending standards were inherently racist.
Barney Frank: "There's nothing wrong down here at Fannie and Freddie, just us foxes at play. Anyway, we just wanna roll the dice for a little bit longer"]

"General Motors has told 1,300 employees at its Detroit Hamtramck that they will be temporarily laid off for five weeks as the company halts production of the Chevrolet Volt and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera.

Lee said employees were told Thursday that production would put on hold from March 19 to April 23."

Volt production on hold for 5 weeks | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

and thast, that.

Not Obama nor his merry band of federal venture capitalists can change it....its a dog and it doesn't sell, even with another $7500.00 of fed. rebates thrown in....

About that sales up. On the radio.

A Brand new Camaro SS 3.9% financing and with a credit score of just 466.

How long can this last?

till we bail out GMAC Financial Services ...again...;)

If Ally (there is no GMAC Financial anymore) fails, it will be due to carrying Chrysler.

1. Just days after President Barack Obama announced he would buy a Chevrolet Volt once he left office, General Motors has announced it will temporarily lay off 1,300 employees as the company stops production of the electric car for five weeks.

2. Production at the Detroit-Hamtramck plant will be shut down from March 19-April 23 due to poor sales of the electric car,...

3. “We’re doing it to maintain our proper inventory levels as we align production with demand.”

4. Obama told a crowd of United Auto Workers activists on Feb. 28 that he would buy the electric car in “five years.”

5. “Even though Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it." "I’ll bet it drives real good."[sic]

6. GM had hoped to sell 10,000 Volts last year, but ended up selling just 7,671. It sold 1,023 in February and 603 in January, ...

7. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) slammed the suspension and layoffs in a statement, saying that the Obama administration’s promotion of electric vehicles “has failed.”

8. “Even as gas prices continue to climb, President Obama’s attempt to manipulate the free market and force consumers into purchasing electric vehicles like the GM Volt has failed despite the use of taxpayer dollars to prop up production.

9. “Domestic energy production remains underutilized because of President Obama’s campaign to pursue ‘green’ energy and projects, and shift away from traditional energy sources. These decisions have hurt our economy and slowed our recovery,” Issa added."
Chevy Volt production temporarily shut down - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

And, in a related story, which also highlights President Obama's expertise in the area of technology....

"As Sen. Hillary Clinton was preparing to campaign here today, Sen. Barack Obama was meeting with voters at a diner and apparently pretty hungry “Why can’t I just eat my waffle?” he said, when asked a foreign policy question by a reporter at the Glider Diner. The obligatory “Obama just wants to finish his waffle” post « Hot Air

Read more: Chevy Volt production temporarily shut down - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

You're a fucking liar Zander.

Oil production is up in this country..

Why do conservatives cheer the failure of an alternative to the gasoline engine?

We would cheer it's success, if it were a success. In this case we are pointing out the failure of technology forced to market prematurely by bureaucrats. No cheering just lots of booing.

Just give it a few more years!

Envia Claims ‘Breakthrough’ in Lithium-Ion Battery Cost and Energy Density
The New York Times

February 26, 2012
(excerpts)
Envia Systems, a battery maker based in California, announced on Monday what it called a “major breakthrough” in lithium-ion cell technology that would result in a significant increase in the energy density — and a sharp reduction in the cost — of lithium-ion battery packs. Envia is financed by the Energy Department and G.M. Ventures, the venture-capital arm of General Motors, as well as other investors. “We will be able to make smaller automotive packs that are also less heavy and much cheaper,” Atul Kapadia, chairman and chief executive of Envia, said in a telephone interview. “The cost of cells will be less than half — perhaps 45 percent — of cells today, and the energy density will be almost three times greater than conventional automotive cells. What we have are not demonstrations, not experiments, but actual products. We could be in automotive production in a year and a half.”

Envia’s announcement said that its packs would deliver cell energy of 400 watt-hours per kilogram at a cost of $150 per kilowatt-hour. Though it doesn’t disclose a cost breakdown, Tesla Motors rates the energy density of its Roadster’s pack at 121 watt-hours per kilogram. Envia said its energy-density performance was verified in testing of prototype cells at the Naval Service Warfare Center’s Crane evaluation division.
Envia Claims 'Breakthrough' in Lithium-Ion Battery Cost and Energy Density - NYTimes.com

More power to them. :cool:I'm all for someone getting fabulously wealthy from technology. I just don't think we as taxpayers should be footing the bill.

Why do liberals cheer the failure of America to become energy independent? We consume 20 million bbls of oil/ day and only produce 8 million bbls/ day. Yet every effort to increase domestic production is shot down by the loony left and environazi's. If we can get our domestic production up to 20 million bbls/day- we control our own destiny. We become energy independent- for real. Not some liberal pipe dream of unicorn farts, rainbow emissions, and electric cars....:cuckoo:

By the way, nobody is cheering for the Volt to fail - It is was a failure from day 1. If it ever becomes a successful venture, I will cheer that.. those fucks at GM owe the US taxpayer a lot of money,

You're a fucking liar Zander.

Oil production is up in this country..

up is relative bobo.

how does what he said make him a ' fucking liar'?

explain please, the 'lie' in his statement...

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

Yeah, that's why they have to halt production for a month, that HUGE demand... :cuckoo:

Yea.....there wasn't much demand for the horseless carriage at first either

what a lame statment.

if there wasn't the car powered by the internal combustion engine, there would have been horses and carts till some other such mechanism became available dopey.

there is no viable alternative right now, and we have plenty of people working on it.

you just cannot fathom a simple truth- fossil fuels still work, much better than any alternative, and until that alternative ala battery capacity, as in charge potential, charge regeneration and capacitance arrives, that will not change.

you are simply putting the electric cart before the horse.

I know that a lot of logic for you to handle at once so read slowly and out the candles out.

So Obama will not be able to buy a volt when he leaves office in another 5 years or so?

In might be called the MegaVolt by then ;)

I doubt they will be still making them, but there will be a lot around seeing how costly it will be to dispose of them. Maybe they will become planters?
P-01.jpg

The liberal position in these Obama years has been that the ends justify the means.

I adamantly oppose that philosophy, and I admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when liberals aren't even getting the ends that they have attempted to sell America's collective soul to achieve.

I am for achieving viable alternative energy in a way which doesn't put people who depend on our present economic forces out of work and doesn't cause starvation around the world ...

So sue me.

The Chevy Volt works and by all accounts their owners love them

It not only works, but it is just as safe as gas powered vehicles.

It has been the relentless attacks by the likes of the drug addled gasbag, Rush Limbaugh, that are hurting Volt sales. Its the GOP rooting for failure once again.

I'd love to know the answer, too.
One would think that those who are so gleeful over the failure of alternative methods must own large shares of oil company stocks, but we know that's not true here.

You know that rich Saudi guy that is part owner of Fox "News" is happy about this. You know Fox...they who have relentlessly attacked the Volt from the get go?

The Saudis don't want us to find alternatives...

"We don't want the West to go and find alternatives"~ Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

Forum List

Back