Chemical Reconstruction

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
You have a car, motorcycle or truck that has sat forever and its running bad, much worse then it did when parked. The gas of today is CRAP and what government and yes the democrats are not telling you is their Ethanol like E85 eats rubber and thus destroys hoses, pumps and Carburetor Diaphragms over time by turning them into varnish.

The varnish build up on metal parts leads to sticking and can hinder throttle response and idle as well. On my Goldwing this can lead to a huge problem as I run four down draft enclosed carbs where instead of bowls with floats I have "slides" that depend on smooth movement.

Now there are two products I swear by when trying to reclaim your motors ability after a long time sitting. One is called Sta-Bil a PRE storage gas treatment. Modern gas can break down in as little as 3 months and when moisture is high that time shortens. The former owner of the bike having NOT done that has caused a wide spectrum of varnish build up issues and cleaning and rebuilding four carbs can be very time consuming and cost one hundred dollars per carb.

There is a 90% chance the following product will clean and cure the issue.

Seafoam does contain the needed chemical compounds to return that old fuel to a combustible mixture. And that is what you need, varnish removal and higher combustion.

Next we go after timing and adjustment.

Fury

I've heard of them. Ethanol eats up my Bing floats after a while on my '78 beemer. Some boats have their tanks eaten. Ducati had a major problem with tanks swelling. Fuel lines get eaten. Thanks uncle Sam!

• Banned
I've heard of them. Ethanol eats up my Bing floats after a while on my '78 beemer. Some boats have their tanks eaten. Ducati had a major problem with tanks swelling. Fuel lines get eaten. Thanks uncle Sam!
The Seafoam has truly been working and I may carry a 1 oz bottle to put in every tank. E85 appears to harm bikes more harshly and more quickly.

The Seafoam has truly been working and I may carry a 1 oz bottle to put in every tank. E85 appears to harm bikes more harshly and more quickly.
Wipes out small engines faster (mowers, etc.)

• Banned
I have seen many lawnmowers/chainsaws/weed eaters not run after one season.

I have seen many lawnmowers/chainsaws/weed eaters not run after one season.
Ethanol is required in the fuel here and no place to get any gas without it. It wiped out my van and almost did in an older replacement car. We have to cross the border to MO get gas that won't kill the car.

Thank DOW and BASF for the chemical additives. The medical industrial complex appreciates them.
If you use e85 in your bike...you are an idiot.
What would you recommend, a natural gas conversion?
NG burns out valves in a heartbeat. That's why it didn't go over well in the 70's and 80's.
I wasn't temped. I was poking fun. I'd be pushing my bike if I didn't put ethanol in it. It's state law.

Forum List

Back