Cheerleader coach fired over video of splits

I had a friend in the martial arts who had this done to him.......he was at a school that was "old school." He went in to the dojo, started stretching, and all of a sudden a couple of the guys grabbed him and forced him down into the splits.....the instructor told him that what did he expect....if he couldn't hold the stances properly because he didn't have the flexibility, he couldn't train him.......

The thing is...one day, the middle of winter, he came into our school, changed, walked out onto the floor...and with no prior warmup just dropped into a complete split......both standard and feet pointing up......no warm up......just dropped into it.....

I had a friend in the martial arts who had this done to him.......he was at a school that was "old school." He went in to the dojo, started stretching, and all of a sudden a couple of the guys grabbed him and forced him down into the splits.....the instructor told him that what did he expect....if he couldn't hold the stances properly because he didn't have the flexibility, he couldn't train him.......

The thing is...one day, the middle of winter, he came into our school, changed, walked out onto the floor...and with no prior warmup just dropped into a complete split......both standard and feet pointing up......no warm up......just dropped into it.....

Ripped out both my hamstrings in separate "ambitious accidents" of my own doing. :laugh:

Got the same benefit. Could flat split and vertical kick after that.

It should, however, be voluntary. "Old school" or not, in America they could be sued for forced involuntary injuries unless such training procedures are stipulated in the contract.

Idk about this one.

Was he pushing them to stretch a little more, or something else?

Idk about this one.

Doesn't matter when she said stop....they stop

No, you hold it there for 45 seconds and go a little more.

Pushing it is how progress is made, progress isn't made by being a snowflake crybaby.

My cousin was a professional dance teacher, she taught me. Except aerials, 'cuz homie ain't playin' that.

Idk about this one.

Pushing it is how progress is made, progress isn't made by being a snowflake crybaby.

Wrong, it's not the proper way to train. Our daughters are gymnasts, standing rule in ALL gyms if they say stop you stop.

The cheerleader suffered injuries over this. The school and coach are likely facing a lawsuit

Idk about this one.

My cousin was a professional dance teacher, she taught me. Except aerials, 'cuz homie ain't playin' that.

Aww, c'mon. Show us a cabriole!

Idk about this one.

Wrong, it's not the proper way to train. Our daughters are gymnasts, standing rule in ALL gyms if they say stop you stop.

The cheerleader suffered injuries over this. The school and coach are likely facing a lawsuit

1 cheerleader out of how many?

Sounds like possible vendetta to me.

Idk about this one.

Sounds like butthurt to me.

Maybe you should actually read the story and watch the video...and stay away form children training

Idk about this one.

Maybe you should actually read the story and watch the video...and stay away form children training

Probably. :oops:

Wait..I already read that article and don't see a video. :dunno:

Furthermore, Mr. Dadbody 2016 won't be athletically training children anytime in the foreseeable future. :alcoholic:

Last edited:
Idk about this one.

Oh...SNAP!!!!

:rofl:

Oh...SNAP!!!!

Link to vid?

Oh...SNAP!!!!

Link to vid?

No, no, she struggled, threw a tantrum, and that's bullshit. This is what happens when parents don't discipline their children.

Her ligaments got hyperextended by her struggling.

Really, they should have stopped and cut her right then and there, or told her to go sit down and dress in and cut her the next day.

No, no, she struggled, threw a tantrum, and that's bullshit. This is what happens when parents don't discipline their children.

I sincerely hope you're trolling for effect

I'm not.

My jr. high coach made me do 50 pushups on blazing hot concrete, it was so hot, it blistered my palms.

Did I pitch a fit and run to the doctor or law enforcement? Hell no!

He caught me cussing and it was that, or an office referral.

Video is too sketchy to make a decision, and I know that big-boned girl got cut.

I sincerely hope you're trolling for effect

I'm not.

My jr. high coach made me do 50 pushups on blazing hot concrete, it was so hot, it blistered my palms.

Did I pitch a fit and run to the doctor or law enforcement? Hell no!

He caught me cussing and it was that, or an office referral.

Video is too sketchy to make a decision, and I know that big-boned girl got cut.

Sad....have a good one

Forum List

Back