Checking the news every few hours ...

b42d1320031cb95838e43a34944e669d.jpg

I have found myself to be checking the news every few hours to find out if there is already a nuclear war in Korea yet.

Anybody else share this concern as well?

No. I'm not paranoid.
I remember being that scared once--it was 1973 or 1974 and something was happening in Israel. We were on red alert and fighter jets were flying over from the air base north of us. I was scared we were in for it then.

Mine was 1962, at ten years old. Living just outside Washington DC gave things a little extra dose of anxiety. The nuns herded us into the school hallways for duck and cover. A nun would shout "Kneel down against the wall close your eyes cover your ears and put your head between your legs!"

And of course, some wiseguy kid would invariably shout "AND KISS YER ASS GOODBYE!", sending the nuns into a frenzy.

I just want to know when to expect the radioactive snow from Korea to start falling here in the USA.

I have found myself to be checking the news every few hours to find out if there is already a nuclear war in Korea yet.

Anybody else share this concern as well?

No. I'm not paranoid.
I remember being that scared once--it was 1973 or 1974 and something was happening in Israel. We were on red alert and fighter jets were flying over from the air base north of us. I was scared we were in for it then.

Mine was 1962, at ten years old. Living just outside Washington DC gave things a little extra dose of anxiety. The nuns herded us into the school hallways for duck and cover. A nun would shout "Kneel down against the wall close your eyes cover your ears and put your head between your legs!"

And of course, some wiseguy kid would invariably shout "AND KISS YER ASS GOODBYE!", sending the nuns into a frenzy.
We did the same thing back then in our elementary school too.

There were no smartasses in our half of the building though -- they would have all been on the other side with the 6th Graders.

:D

Alaska Cold War survivor. I "kissed my ass goodbye" when I was 9 years old. I guess after a few decades you just kind of get used to it, toughen up, keep your shit in order, and cross your fingers. If nukes fly I'll be gone in the first volley, I might have time to say goodbye to my family, though probably not. ~shrug~

Well Jaunito in Tropico 3 advice is wear your paper bag over ypur head of you see that mushroom cloud!

Will it happen?

Who knows...

Meh I don't think it'll happen, maybe that's just my "thick skin," but then again my father was the commander of space missile defense up here and he always told me; "Don't worry about it." :)

Alaska Cold War survivor. I "kissed my ass goodbye" when I was 9 years old. I guess after a few decades you just kind of get used to it, toughen up, keep your shit in order, and cross your fingers. If nukes fly I'll be gone in the first volley, I might have time to say goodbye to my family, though probably not. ~shrug~
Fat boy Kim in N.Korea does not have enough nukes, nor are they accurate enough, to make that happen.

Radioactive snow is the worst thing we would need to worry about in the Northern Hemisphere.

This would fall everywhere and the whole world would then be pissed off at the fat boy.

Meh I don't think it'll happen, maybe that's just my "thick skin," but then again my father was the commander of space missile defense up here and he always told me; "Don't worry about it." :)
Except that fat boy Kim in N.Korea is a madman and a fool.

That's what is new.

A Fokker like that will be defiant if he feels cornered.

Actually nuclear weapons are a myth that were conjured up in WW2, to help Japan keep face over it's sudden reversal and surrender. The "bombing" photos were simply faked for the gullible masses so they would swallow the story hook line and sinker. Don't you goofballs think that if such weapons really existed they would not have been used many times over by now? Good Grief!

Actually nuclear weapons are a myth that were conjured up in WW2, to help Japan keep face over it's sudden reversal and surrender. The "bombing" photos were simply faked for the gullible masses so they would swallow the story hook line and sinker. Don't you goofballs think that if such weapons really existed they would not have been used many times over by now? Good Grief!

^that's some /serious/ history denial right there. You need a medal boy.

yiostheoy I agree NK is a fruit that needs some roll up, but yea, not worried about him hitting 'us.' I don't think Putin has any interest in pulling the trigger because it would destroy everything he wants for his nation. I don't think China is going to either, trade war maybe - physical war not likely. I think it's just fear mongering at this point.

On CBSN the top story is O'Reilly -- not N.Korea.

That's good !!

O'Reilly is the Left's greatest recent victory, as if it means something.
According to reports he has been hitting on all the babes over at Fox News for a long time including Megan Kelly.

That's what CBSN is saying at the moment.

Normal male behavior.
What the left would love is for all males to become homosexuals.

^that's some /serious/ history denial right there. You need a medal boy.

yiostheoy I agree NK is a fruit that needs some roll up, but yea, not worried about him hitting 'us.' I don't think Putin has any interest in pulling the trigger because it would destroy everything he wants for his nation. I don't think China is going to either, trade war maybe - physical war not likely. I think it's just fear mongering at this point.
I am not worried about fat boy Kim in N.Korea (his new full name without the Jong and the Oon as in bong and loon) HITTING US.

I am worried about the radioactive snow REACHING us.

Forum List

Back