Checking the news every few hours ...

I'd say it's all pretty much paranoia and fear tactics designed to get more money from everyone though bomb shelters and crazy stuff like that. Anyone paying attention knows it's all fake. If we really had those kinds of weapons, why they would have been used 10 times over already. Grow up.

it effects the world not just one country
What effects the world?

Just to keep perspective here, these "doomsday models" all presume around 100 nukes the size we dropped on Japan.

So you have to ask yourself, how long do you think our military would stroke their dick before /ending/ the asshat that started tossing nukes around?

One fucking nuke from /anyone/ on this planet and their nation is /gone/ 8 minutes later (at most) - they best have a rapid launch procedure like you wouldn't believe, JS
Aren't our modern day nukes many times more powerful than the ones we dropped on Japan? And really? 8 minutes? Is that all it takes to for an ICBM to cross the Pacific?

Ours are heh

I have found myself to be checking the news every few hours to find out if there is already a nuclear war in Korea yet.

Anybody else share this concern as well?

No. I'm not paranoid.
I remember being that scared once--it was 1973 or 1974 and something was happening in Israel. We were on red alert and fighter jets were flying over from the air base north of us. I was scared we were in for it then.

Mine was 1962, at ten years old. Living just outside Washington DC gave things a little extra dose of anxiety. The nuns herded us into the school hallways for duck and cover. A nun would shout "Kneel down against the wall close your eyes cover your ears and put your head between your legs!"

And of course, some wiseguy kid would invariably shout "AND KISS YER ASS GOODBYE!", sending the nuns into a frenzy.
I was in first or second grade then, and we were still small enough they were having us huddle under our desks. We thought it was normal, like fire drills, and no one scared us with the actual facts.
Yup nobody every tells kids anything.

Kids get lied to about Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny and nobody ever gives them the straight scoop.

I have found myself to be checking the news every few hours to find out if there is already a nuclear war in Korea yet.

Anybody else share this concern as well?

No. I'm not paranoid.
I remember being that scared once--it was 1973 or 1974 and something was happening in Israel. We were on red alert and fighter jets were flying over from the air base north of us. I was scared we were in for it then.

Mine was 1962, at ten years old. Living just outside Washington DC gave things a little extra dose of anxiety. The nuns herded us into the school hallways for duck and cover. A nun would shout "Kneel down against the wall close your eyes cover your ears and put your head between your legs!"

And of course, some wiseguy kid would invariably shout "AND KISS YER ASS GOODBYE!", sending the nuns into a frenzy.
I was in first or second grade then, and we were still small enough they were having us huddle under our desks. We thought it was normal, like fire drills, and no one scared us with the actual facts.
Yup nobody every tells kids anything.

Kids get lied to about Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny and nobody ever gives them the straight scoop.
When they're little, just as well.

Eh that depends on the parents. My mother was a liberal, she met father when I was idk 6. He 'wrecked' my life telling me I was too old to believe in that shit heh My mother was crying sooo hard and I was just like oh... well uhm... huh.... Hey thanks for all the stuff Mom and Dad! <3

Well apparently DJ Trump was bluffing and the carrier strike force is nowhere near N.Korea yet and won't arrive there for another week.

So I guess we are safe from radioactive snow for at least another week then.

:D

Eh that depends on the parents. My mother was a liberal, she met father when I was idk 6. He 'wrecked' my life telling me I was too old to believe in that shit heh My mother was crying sooo hard and I was just like oh... well uhm... huh.... Hey thanks for all the stuff Mom and Dad! <3
I ambushed Santa myself.

Took my blanket with me and hid behind the couch.

Woke up to the sound of my dad stashing presents under the tree.

Ain' nothin' like a good ambush !!!

Caught Santa in mine !!

I'm not entirely sure when my kids figured it out, I mean we never like blatantly pushed the "lie" we just threw stuff under the tree the night before, filled the stockings, etc. Never left out milk and cookies or anything. The boys were only a year apart from each other and one year, I think the youngest was like 5 maybe and he says "this ones from Santa" talking about a present for his older brother and that was kind of the end of it. The last few Christmas' before the elder two moved out on their own we didn't even wrap things anymore so it was all from Santa cause lazy lol

Well apparently DJ Trump was bluffing and the carrier strike force is nowhere near N.Korea yet and won't arrive there for another week.

So I guess we are safe from radioactive snow for at least another week then.

:D
Yet you all swllowed the "news" that they were going the wrong way, hook line a sinker. LLL.

Just to keep perspective here, these "doomsday models" all presume around 100 nukes the size we dropped on Japan.

So you have to ask yourself, how long do you think our military would stroke their dick before /ending/ the asshat that started tossing nukes around?

One fucking nuke from /anyone/ on this planet and their nation is /gone/ 8 minutes later (at most) - they best have a rapid launch procedure like you wouldn't believe, JS
Aren't our modern day nukes many times more powerful than the ones we dropped on Japan? And really? 8 minutes? Is that all it takes to for an ICBM to cross the Pacific?

by 1000 times

I'd say it's all pretty much paranoia and fear tactics designed to get more money from everyone though bomb shelters and crazy stuff like that. Anyone paying attention knows it's all fake. If we really had those kinds of weapons, why they would have been used 10 times over already. Grow up.

What effects the world?

nuclear winter, blocks the sun

What effects the world?

I know you think I dumb, but that 's not possible. The sun is a lot bigger than the Earth so it can't be blocked. Duh.

by 1000 times
If they really existed at all.

There's a link out there somewhere, I've not seen it in a while so it's fuzzy but it has a red boxed graphical chart showing the difference in power between the nukes we dropped on Japan and modern nukes. You'll note we have all the big ones but the Tzar the Russian's tested (I don't believe we're even sure they have another one - but it should be noted, I've no doubt that the Tzar is the one they are saying only two of could trash the world.)

What effects the world?

I know you think I dumb, but that 's not possible. The sun is a lot bigger than the Earth so it can't be blocked. Duh.

Nuclear winter - Wikipedia
Nuclear winter - Wikipedia
Nuclear winter is the severe global-climatic-cooling-effect, hypothesized to occur after the ..... Further, solar radiation records reveal that none of thenuclear explosions to date has resulted in any ..... but transparent to infra-red, thus cooling by blocking sunlight but not causing warming from enhancing the greenhouse effect.
You visited this page on 4/19/17.
Nuclear Darkness | The Deadly Consequences Of Nuclear War
www.nucleardarkness.org/index2.php
Following a large nuclear war, enormous fires created by nuclear explosionsin ... The smoke would form a stratospheric smoke layer that would block sunlight ...
Effect of nuclear weapons | Nuclear Darkness & Nuclear Famine - The ...
www.nucleardarkness.org/nuclear/effectsofnuclearweapons/
Jump to What are blast effects? - The effect of these high pressures is to create a blast wave ... and create massive global cooling by blocking sunlight.

How can they know that when it has never really happened and those bombs don't really exist?

by 1000 times
If they really existed at all.
Those who have know nuclear weapons have tested them. We know they exist.

have you been in a cave for the last 50 yrs?

Operation First Lightning/RDS-1 (known as Joe 1 in the West), August 29, 1949: first Soviet nuclear test.
RDS-6s (known as Joe 4 in the West), August 12, 1953: first Soviet thermonuclear test using a sloika (layer cake) design. The design proved to be unscalable into megaton yields, but it was air-deployable.
RDS-37, November 22, 1955: first Soviet multi-megaton, "true" hydrogen bomb test using Andrei Sakharov's "third idea", essentially a re-invention of the Teller-Ulam.
Tsar Bomba, October 30, 1961: largest nuclear weapon ever detonated, with a design yield of 100 Mt, de-rated to 50 Mt for the test drop.
Chagan, January 15, 1965: large cratering experiment as part of Nuclear Explosions for the National Economy program, which created an artificial lake.

Operation Hurricane, October 3, 1952 (first atomic bomb)
Operation Totem, 1953
Operation Mosaic, 1956
Operation Buffalo, 1956
Operation Antler, 1957
Operation Grapple, 1957–1958 (Included the first hydrogen bomb, Grapple X/Round C)
Operation Kittens, 1953-1961 (initiator tests using conventional explosive)
Operation Rats, 1956-1960 (conventional explosions to study dispersal of uranium)
Operation Tims, 1955-1963 (conventional explosions for tamper, plutonium compression trials)
Operation Vixen, 1959-1963 (effects of accidental fire or explosion on nuclear weapons)

Operation Gerboise bleue, February 13, 1960 (first atomic bomb) and three more: Reggane, Algeria; in the atmosphere; final test reputed to be more intended to prevent the weapon from falling into the hands of generals rebelling against French colonial rule than for testing purposes.[21]
Operation Agathe, November 7, 1961 and 12 more: In Ekker, Algeria; underground
Operation Aldébaran, July 2, 1966 and 45 more: Moruroa and Fangataufa; in the atmosphere;
Canopus first hydrogen bomb: August 28, 1968 (Fangataufa)
Operation Achille June 5, 1975 and 146 more: Moruroa and Fangataufa; underground
Operation Xouthos last test: January 27, 1996 (Fangataufa)

596 First test - October 16, 1964
Test No. 6, First hydrogen bomb test - June 17, 1967
CHIC-16, 200 kt-1 Mt atmospheric test - June 17, 1974[23]
#29, Last atmospheric test - October 16, 1980. This would also be the last atmospheric nuclear test by any other country[24]
#45, Last test - July 29, 1996, underground.[25]

May 18, 1974: Operation Smiling Buddha (type: implosion, plutonium and underground). One underground test in a horizontal shaft around 107 m long under the long-constructed Indian Army Pokhran Test Range (IA-PTR) in the Thar Desert, eastern border of Pakistan. The Indian Meteorological Department and the Atomic Energy Commission announced the yield of the weapon at 12 kt. Other Western sources claimed the yield to be around 2–12 kt. However, the claim was dismissed by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists and it was later reported to be 8 kt.[26]
May 11, 1998: Operation Shakti (type: implosion, 3 uranium and 2 plutonium devices, all underground). The Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) of India and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) simultaneously conducted a test of three nuclear devices at the Indian Army Pokhran Test Range (IAPTR) on May 11, 1998. Two days later, on May 13, the AEC and DRDO carried out a test of two further nuclear devices, detonated simultaneously. During this operation, AEC India claimed to have tested a three-stage thermonuclear device (Teller-Ulam design), but the yield of the tests was significantly lower than that expected from thermonuclear devices. The yields remain questionable, at best, by Western and Indian scholars, estimated at 20kt-45kt.

March 11, 1983: Kirana-I (type: implosion, non-fissioned (plutonium) and underground). The 24 underground cold tests of nuclear devices were performed near the Sargodha Air Force Base.[28]
May 28, 1998: Chagai-I (type: implosion, HEU and underground). One underground horizontal-shaft tunnel test (inside a granite mountain) of boosted fission devices at Koh Kambaran in the Ras Koh Hills in Chagai District of Balochistan Province.[27][29] The announced yield of the five devices was a total of 40–45 kilotonnes with the largest having a yield of approximately 30–45 kilotonnes. An independent assessment however put the test yield at no more than 12 kt and the maximum yield of a single device at only 9 kt as opposed to 35 kt as claimed by Pakistani authorities.[30] According to The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, the maximum yield was only 2–10 kt as opposed to the claim of 35 kt and the total yield of all tests was no more than 8–15 kt.[31]
May 30, 1998: Chagai-II (type: implosion, plutonium device and underground). One underground vertical-shaft tunnel test of a miniaturized fission device having an announced yield of approximately 18–20 kilotonnes, carried out in the Kharan Desert in Kharan District, Balochistan Province.[29] An independent assessment put the figure of this test at 4–6 kt only.[30] Some Western seismologists put the figure at a mere 2 kt.[31]

On October 9, 2006, North Korea announced they had conducted a nuclear test in North Hamgyong Province on the northeast coast at 10:36 AM (11:30 AEST). There was a 3.58 magnitude earthquake reported in South Korea. There was a 4.2 magnitude tremor detected 240 miles north of P'yongyang. The low estimates on the yield of the test—potentially less than a kiloton in strength—have led to speculation as to whether it was a fizzle (unsuccessful test), or not a genuine nuclear test at all.
On May 25, 2009, North Korea announced having conducted a second nuclear test. A tremor, with magnitude reports ranging from 4.7 to 5.3, was detected at Mantapsan, 233 miles northeast of P'yongyang and within a few kilometers of the 2006 test location. While estimates as to yield are still uncertain, with reports ranging from 3 to 20 kilotons, the stronger tremor indicates a significantly larger yield than the 2006 test.

On 12 February 2013, North Korean state media announced it had conducted an underground nuclear test, its third in seven years. A tremor that exhibited a nuclear bomb signature with an initial magnitude 4.9 (later revised to 5.1) was detected by both Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization Preparatory Commission (CTBTO)[32] and the United States Geological Survey (USGS).[33] The tremor occurred at 11:57 local time (02:57 UTC) and the USGS said the hypocenter of the event was only one kilometer deep. South Korea's defense ministry said the event reading indicated a blast of six to seven kilotons.[34][35][36][37] However, there are some experts who estimate the yield to be up to 15 kt, since the test site's geology is not well understood.[38] In comparison, the atomic (fission) bombs dropped by the Enola Gay on Hiroshima (Little Boy, a "gun-type" atomic bomb) and on Nagasaki by Bockscar (Fat Man, an "implosion-type" atomic bomb) had blast yields of the equivalents of 13 and 21 kilotons of TNT, respectively.

On January 5, 2015, North Korean TV news anchors announced that they had successfully tested a "miniaturized atomic bomb", about 5 miles from the Punggye-ri nuclear site where a test was conducted in 2013.

On January 6, 2016, North Korea announced that it conducted a successful test of a hydrogen bomb. The seismic event, at a magnitude of 5.1, occurred 19 kilometers (12 miles) east-northeast of Sungjibaegam.[39]

On September 9, 2016, North Korea announced another successful nuclear weapon test at the Punggye-ri Test Site. This is the first warhead the state claims to be able to mount to a missile or long range rocket previously tested in June 2016.[40] Estimates for the explosive yield range from 20 - 30 kt and coincided with a 5.3 magnitude earthquake in the region.[41]

Fake news man. those weapons are too powerful to exist. I know.

Forum List

Back